Completed Game - Can I replay campaign again?

I finally have my character built the way I like and am enjoying the game play. I sort of ran through the last section to move through the story figuring I could restart, up the difficulty to nightmare and collect gear as I play through in a more completionist mode doing more side quests.

Except it doesn’t look like I can restart my character? So to replay the story which is by far my favorite so far of all four series I have to drop all my gear and do it from newbie?

Hope this changes in the future. Some may find it odd but I find the story keeps me engaged and I don’t mind replaying it as I grind for gear. And this story is by far the best of them all.

Please let us be able to replay the game with the higher tier. Thanks.

22 Likes

You will need to start a new character. You will be given the option to skip the campaign or go through it again. If you chose to skip you will not be able to take it back on that character without deleting the character and starting over.

4 Likes

that sucks. i like just leisurely playing the campaign over again

17 Likes

Me too. I wanted to do the campaign on all difficulties. Maybe they’ll add an option to do so later.

13 Likes

Yeh, really not sure why you can’t replay the campaign.

12 Likes

hopefully blizzard gets the hint on this. i loved this about every diablo game.

15 Likes

Ditto. I really loved the campaign and the bossfights. Not being able to replay the campaign except as a fresh character seems like an odd choice to me. I’d really love to show a few people some of the bossfights too, but that’s also a no-go.

Tier 3 and 4 campaigns would’ve been awesome to me.

9 Likes

This is a great idea to experience the story again. All they need to do to keep people from abusing it to power level is reduce exp rewards on subsequent playthroughs.

I’ll be make one or two more characters myself, but not everyone wants to start over a new character completely even for seasons.

1 Like

Think it should be to where in order to get the exp rewards, it has to be done on a different World Tier.

1 and 2 being the same. Then 3 and 4 having their own, separate rewards.

Personally I just like having goals. And the campaign has a lot of set goals to achieve. And it’s a good story. I don’t really enjoy end game randomness of just running around with no purpose to kill stuff.

It’s also fun to have your character geared up and see them in the cut scenes. Feels different depending on how your character appears.

I got to end game on my Barbarian which I really enjoy. Just didn’t feel any direction. If I had known I couldn’t replay I would have simply done everything really slow in each area.

I’m doing that now on a druid. I like my Barbarian better but I’m having a good time.

I personally really can’t see myself logging in to just grind out some loot but for what reason? I’m not trying to actually complete an objective that I am aware of. There doesn’t seem to be a main story past that so I am just gaining loot to defeat small time bosses and maybe a world boss from time to time?

1 Like

I too would like to replay the campaign on higher tiers, I really wish there was in-game matchmaking for this, kind of wild this feature was left out despite it being present on the older ones. Big headache to find people on discord.

3 Likes

It appears to be designed in such a way that having the campaign be playable at WT3+ would break the progression design for those tiers. That is, even at tier-adjusted difficulty, it would, when doubled with other systems that become available to players at WT3+, allow powerleveling on a scale they do not want. It’s definitely an odd choice given that the prior games had repeating the campaign on higher difficulties as a pillar of their core design, but here the design is one open world which is divided into the “campaign tiers” (1 and 2) and the “endgame tiers” (3 and 4), and the leveling/advancement design for each side of that divide is different, such that smushing them together would require much more than just unlocking the campaign for WT3+ due to the impact of that on the leveling/advancement scheme for those tiers.

As to what they expect people to do who don’t want to just endlessly grind gear in WT3+ for their first character – their answer is rerolling a seasonal character.

And I enjoy the seasons and going through the campaign again while also having season goals on top.

Maybe they wanted to let the game bake a bit. I would love playing through the campaign to have helltide and special events going on with world bosses showing up. I’m absolutely not going to be leveling for the sake of leveling without an objective so being able to find when a world boss spawns, or special events occur is highly unlikely as I will simply replay the campaign when I feel the itch to play some Diablo.

This will isolate the player base. Those who enjoy playing through with a story objective missing end game content and those who have left the campaign behind and are grinding gear for the sake of grinding as their goal.

I would love to be able to have the end game unlocked while playing through the campaign. This way I can join events adding chaos to my play through. The whispers can be gone but honestly that really isn’t that interesting as it seems to be similar to D3 with completing several missions and then generating a Tyreal cache of equipment.

I’m having fun either way. Just would be awesome fun to play through the campaign with helltides and events spawning and the world going crazy while joining world boss events etc.

4 Likes

Whoever greenlit this game without having a campaign on each difficulty made a serious mistake, how is this even a thing! Blizzard wins again and we lose over and over…

7 Likes

I mean, by the time you get there you’re gonna be about 45- and if you want to grind your way through the campaign again, why not?

This game was supposed to be all about defining how you play.

6 Likes

Starting a new character to replay the main story is dumb. If I would have known this, I prolly wouldnt have bought the game. I dont see myself grinding endless hours with no purpose. Back to Black Desert Online I guess. :frowning:

5 Likes

That’s what i did in Diablo 3 constantly

5 Likes

I found myself replaying D3’s story multiple times with fully geared characters and would also love if they allowed us to do so in Diablo 4.

4 Likes

I Would really love to play T3, T4 campaign…

You, did great job with it, why this choice :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Totally agree i’m just level 54 but don’t want to grind with no aims and no challenge with the bosses that going harder and harder… Maybe going back when something changed about that or going back to D3…

1 Like