Code 52? ban? only campaign

OP clearly stated the email they received from Blizzard was for 3rd Party Program use. OP freely admitted to using a third party overlay. In this case, it’s pretty cut and dry. Only thing left is to see what Blizz CS says after they submit their ticket.

Isn’t it essentially a site specific browser that has an easy “Always on Top” toggle? That’s not functionality to the game. That’s functionality to the operating system.

An overlay reads game data and provides helpful data that others don’t have access to doesn’t it?
Perhaps it does more than what I saw with a quick look?

Discord 100% falls under the category of the EULA saying: facilitating functions of the battle net client or blizzard games.

Battle.net has a voicechat, discord is better, so yeah. Blizzard can possibly ban you for discord according to the EULA. At least thats my impression reading this complete bullhorn:

quoting: “any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality”

Nvidia overlay is third party, Windows Game Bar is third party. You have both if you’re playing on windows with an Nvidia card. Overlays should not be a bannable thing PERIOD. Hell even MSI Afterburner has an overlay for your system performance. Guess you deserve a ban if you’re wanting to monitor your hardware while in game.

I edited my post for more clarity.

Neither of those overlays read the game files/memory.

You hired that lawyer pretty fast it seems. What other insights into international intellectual property laws did they reveal to you?

2 Likes

This is clearly referring to changing the code, or hooking into it.

1 Like

Yeah you are obviously right but the EULA literally allows them to ban for anything really, even chrome if you look at the world map. Check my post above quoting the relevant part.

They could literally ban you for using a banking software since bnet has also a dollar wallet…

Cleary not. There is not even a hint about changing code or hooking code or just “code”. You are wrong.

It’s wrong and I explained why.

2 Likes

Ok, whatever you say. It’s obvious what it means, but continue on if you like.

So how are you going to stay unbanned if you cannot understand a simple sentence in the blizzard EULA?

You tell me, you’re the one gleaning all sorts of arcane insights of forbidden lore over here.

Millions of people are playing blizzard games right now. But it seems like you’re the only one freaking out over internet browsers getting false flagged.

And your proof for why you should be worried is, by your own admission, an amateur’s perspective on law.

1 Like

I thought it more akin to a child’s perspective.

1 Like

And neither does Overwolf. It uses the DirectX API to draw the overlay over the screen, the same exact way every other overlay does. But good job trying to make things up.

Stop whining. This is the EULA:

1. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

This is the same sentence with the relevant info, no meaning was changed in a legal sense:

1. any software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with any feature of the platform which facilitates other functionality;

Please tell me how discord or steam does not fall into this category without whining.

Yeah, they do that in the US too.

2 Likes

This does not delete your personal information hosted by the company. In the EU spreading this information as a “community whatever” would get your beloved company a fine. Deleting your account does not neccessarily remove your data from their servers.

Also, you are just salty because you admitted that blizzard can look at every software and the memory in our PC.

You remember that time when random forum poster # 55 made a few offhand comments on a game forum somewhere, and it lead to a shocking legal revelation that turned the entire gaming community on its head, forcing a major AAA company to backpedal and substantially re-write their EULA?

Yea, me neither, Hobbes. So maybe try a different tac. Your pretense is thinner than a McDonalds hamburger patty.

3 Likes