Cinder Drop Rate Shadow Nerfed

report for breaking the rules ans answer the peasant folks …

joke aside … we are bagging weeks for just simples answers and didnt get anything.

Wow this is awful, I was excited to run a helltide after the patch. It will be my last run.

2 Likes

During a dev meeting the Uber unique fiasco was brought up, and the developer of the Hell tides pointed out that if no one had any cinders then they couldn’t have opened the chests and exploited the bug in the first place. This seemed like a genius observation and that guy is now likely lead dev for D5.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder. Shame on me, naughty Mage! I shall flagellate myself thoroughly now whilst chanting “No FUN! Nerfs GOOD!”

Leave it to Blizzard to make an already mediocre game even worse. Because we are all so brainless they thought we wouldnt notice the MASSIVE nerf on Helltides. Getting even 2 chests is now almost impossible. The already bad enemy numbers hit now FAR worse with the incredible nerf of cinder drops and higher mysterychest costs. And the fireballs are significantly buffed as well and now they even follow you far away. This company is the worst in the industry and Im starting to hate them even more.

1 Like

When?

20 characters shouldn’t be a requirement…

Wait this is the first time I’ve seen a blizz employee acct reply in a thread here

If this is the new helltide update, will not be doing it anymore. Took almost 40min just to get 250 cinders. Might as well farm NM.

Just for one second… ignoring bugs and exploits and any feedback…
Think how blizzard actually came up with the idea of
“We should make the chests cost 250 cinders! That will make them happy!!!”

Wow, I am glad I am not the only one. This was the worst experience I have had so far. I will not do any more helltides. This was an absolute joke. And of course when I finally opened a ring chest, I received nothing. This was the biggest waste of time. Bad job Blizzard. Bad job!

1 Like

I nearly fell asleep scrounging for cinders, no joke. nearly 40 minutes to get to 250, drop rate is a joke. then I had no room for my TWO legendary drops, so I left them to auto go to my stash…nope not there. wasted time, sad sad patch. ugggh. “ain’t nobody got time for that!”

Hauled from one end of the map to the other for the 250 for one mystery chest. Before, I could take my time and get both, plus a few extra chests during the 1 hour event. Most of what I picked up ended up being vendor junk, but on a very rare occasion, I might get something that was an upgrade.

Just did my first Helltide after the patch

• No gear higher than lvl 80 dropped, including Legendaries (I’m level 94)
    -Monsters were still the same-ish level as before, but dropped the now significantly lower level loot.
  • When I finally opened that 250 cinder chest of Mystery goodies… they were all ‘sacred’ tier ‘legendaries’ and level 60-80

I kind of enjoyed the Helltides before as a very minute chance of getting an upgrade, now I have absolutely ZERO incentive or desire to slog about killing things higher level than my character for ‘rewards’ that are not worth the effort and time. Helltides are no longer something higher level characters should bother with.

1 Like

no gear is over lvl 80 now, that was a change so you could give gear to alts

Or leave dungeon from 3 seconds 5 lol

Thank you for the unnecessary update!

Versus Blizzard staff, your community seems to do a better job at finding and communicating problems with the game; and, at having ideas in general.

Blizzard may want to consider utilizing the community when it comes to development and testing!

1 Like

Ive just spent 45 mins clearing every pack of mobs i see,doing random events,looting everything. And in 45mins i found 253 cinders with 2 mins to spare.
Enough to open 1 box . I use to love running helltides but no way im spending 45-50 mins to open 1 box.
They sure do nerf the fun outta this game.

Item Levels mean nothing - wrong word… just don’t get hung up on “lvl 60/80” too hard.
Item Power has always been king.
One good part of the patch was capping Sacred at 60 and Ancestral at 80.

• The level requirement for Sacred Items will now cap at level 60.
  • The level requirement for Ancestral Items will now cap at level 80.

Can you let us know when it’s fixed, because helltide doesn’t feel like it is worth bothering with given the drop rate and hike in the mysteries chest cost.

what about sorcerer performance? confirmed as bug? please undo these changes… you took the worst class and dropped a big turd onto it…

thoughts? does anyone there play sorcerer?

“Sir, people are refusing to do helltides in droves because it is just so boring. What can we do to hook them in? They’re giving great feedback on the forums maybe we shou-”
“increase it”
“i’m sorry sir… what? increas-”
“INCREASE IT!” “INCREASE THE CINDER COST OF THE CHESTS!!”
“But… the players are already avoiding helltides because the time investment is just not worth it. Wouldn’t this further make the players not want to do this content?”
“INCREASE IT OR BY GOD YOU’RE FIRED”

Patch notes:

• The Tortured Gift of Mysteries chest has had its cost increased to 250 Aberrant Cinders from 175.
9 Likes