Chatgpt on Infernal Hordes

Hello there. I was taking notes on my findings to chatgpt and tyring to maximize my profit by doing that should I do. After few experiments, 20 min mark seemed the best time spent for anything to do.

My tests were:

• 20 min helltide
  • 10 whisper in 20 min
  • 101 pit x 6 times in 20 min
  • 70 nm Dungeon in 20 min.

Then I thought, If we could design Infernal Horde around 20 min event. What would be it like and what would be the result to equalize (without nullify other areas) it according to diablo world / hour. Here are the answers it gave me.

Infernal Horde: New Event Overview

Event Duration:

• 20 waves, 1 minute each (total 20 minutes)

Objective:

• Survive all 20 waves to open a reward chest.
  • Chose one buff with a debuff between each wave.
  • Each 5th wave is a boss wave. Last wave is all 3 new boss together wave.

Reward Chests:

• Players can open 1 chest at the end of the event.

Chest Types and Contents:

1. Gold Chest:
  • 1 million gold (similar to Whispers)
  1. Cinder Chest:
  • 500 cinders (similar to Helltides, persists if you go to Helltide event afterwards)
  1. Ingoth Chest:
  • 400 ingoth (similar to Pits)
  1. Glyph Exp Chest:
  • 600 glyph exp (similar to Nightmare Dungeons)
  1. Special Item Chest:
    *50% chance for an 1GA item
  • 30% chance for an 2GA item
    • 15% chance for a 3GA item
    • 5% chance for a mythical item

Summary: Infernal Horde offers players a thrilling 20-minute event where they fight through 20 waves to earn a chance to open a chest. Each chest provides substantial rewards similar to other activities like Helltide, Whispers, Pit, and Nightmare Dungeon, ensuring a balanced and exciting gameplay experience. The addition of a special item chest adds an element of surprise and rare loot, making it even more enticing.

Get ready to face the Infernal Horde and claim your rewards!

What do you think?

1 Like

chatgpt does a better event then the devs :stuck_out_tongue:

cinder chest will never happen.
gold chest is still not enough for 20 min
and ingoth should be neathiron chest
Glyph xp is fine i guess
Special chest looks to be the fine now with the inclusion of 3 ga and mythic chance otherwise it would still be terrible.

I would let ppl open at least 2 chest but no duplicate with that system.

2 Likes

i think your suggestion is fun + challenging + rewarding.

too bad fun and rewarding things won’t goes into D4.

we knew that.

1 Like

To be honest cinder chest could be good idea, after that we do to Helltides to open chests for boss material, materials and items. But that could be materials too. If numbers goes high Noone would do other things game serves. They can be adjusted but 2 chest for a 20 min would be “the only thing can be done” way of things and that’s not a very good idea.

I like the idea.

I also think AI needs to be used in gaming development more often. Like balancing and content creation, and economy management.

Before anyone blasts me for wanting to automate peoples jobs……just look at the state of this game. Good riddance.

1 Like

As mentioned before - Hordes should be a greater event if there’s an “entrance fee”

I suggested 10-15 rounds and you (well ChatGPT) suggested 20 but with a reduced timer

Frankly either works but that was the point - anything that has an “entrance feee” should be more “greater”/“memorable”

Either that or do the opposite (suggested this as an alternative)

Swap Pit and IH arena rewards so that Pits become a constant/reliable activity for getting some mats and new loot, and IH become only a “damn it I’m really in need of mats now” type of event overall

But in order for this to work the game has to scale damage and HP growth down to more reasonable numbers (and not embrace the 2 extremes it operates in now or impose hyper efficiency on gameplay overall), so that basically Pits become the “longer” event (or at least the one that has more drama/uncertainty of success in it overall)

Adding some roguelite elements to the buffs and nerfs would be good idea. Here are some of chatgpts suggestions: (numbers can change of course)

%%%%
Buff Examples:

Increased Attack Speed: Character’s attack speed is increased by 20%.

Health Regeneration: Regenerate 1% health per second.

Double Damage: All attacks deal double damage.

Shielded: Damage taken from enemy attacks is reduced by 30%.

Mana Efficiency: All abilities use 50% less mana.

Critical Hit Boost: Critical hit chance is increased by 15%.

Movement Speed: Character’s movement speed is increased by 25%.

Lifesteal: Gain 10% of the damage dealt as health.

Elemental Resistance: Elemental damage resistance is increased by 40%.

Cooldown Reduction: Ability cooldowns are reduced by 20%.

Gold Drop Increase: Gold dropped by enemies is increased by 50%.

Experience Boost: Experience points gained are increased by 30%.

Area of Effect: The area of effect of abilities is increased by 25%.

Resource Generation: Mana or energy regenerates 50% faster.

Lucky Find: The chance of rare items dropping from chests and enemies is increased by 20%.

Mini Debuff Examples:

Reduced Health: Maximum health is decreased by 10%.

Slowed Movement: Movement speed is decreased by 15%.

Increased Ability Cost: Mana or energy cost of abilities is increased by 25%.

Weakened Armor: Armor value is decreased by 20%.

Lowered Attack Speed: Attack speed is decreased by 10%.

Reduced Critical Chance: Critical hit chance is decreased by 10%.

Burning: Lose 1% health per second.

Poisoned: Lose 5% health over 3 seconds after each attack.

Mana Burn: Mana is drained 10% faster after each ability use.

Staggered: Get stunned for 0.5 seconds after enemy attacks.

Cursed Loot: Quality of items from chests is reduced by 20%.

Blindness: Hit chance is decreased by 15%.

Weakness: Attack power is decreased by 10%.

Confusion: Movement controls become random.

Silenced: Abilities cannot be used for a set duration (e.g., 5 seconds).

These buffs and mini debuffs will make each wave more challenging and strategic, enhancing the gameplay experience by providing new challenges in every wave.

I think “thrilling” is not a word I would use for that event. More like boring, but I’ll withhold final judgement until I see it in S5 and have played through all the Tiers, or as high tiers I can do.

Fun detected. Lets buff the Barb.

On a serious note, a 20 mins event seems too long for a Causal like me.

I’ll make an assumption and say that you’ve probably played for 80 hours at least (this season alone) :smiley:

Guilty. Way more than that, but I usually do 10 minutes of Helltide and 20 minutes of Pit 101 runs. Staying in one location for 20 minutes tests my limit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thing is, you’ll get more (and better variety) of both - challenge and rewards

With 20 round pit runs the game will work A LOT better, and they can just reduce the drop rate of Compasses altogether

If it’s a special event i.e. has an “entrance fee” then treat it like so

The problem with the game is nothing feels “special”, everything is “streamlined” and self-resettable, having a one bigger/greater and more dynamic event (even if not able to re-run it over and over) won’t hurt for a change tbh :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I prefer your suggestion for 10-15 rounds to make the event shorter.

Doesn’t the event only give 1GA item? That for 20min? What?

I have no ida. I haven’t been following S5 PTR and I am not planning to spend more than a week in S5. The grasses are so green in the summer.