Characters Missing

Same 62 barb is gone what a waste

1 Like

Same thing happened to my Rogue lvl 38. Connected Battle Net account and poof, it was gone. Do not even bother to write to support. They will tell you the same old story that they cannot help…

Same here on Xbox. Played since public launch never connecting a Battle.net account because it was never asked or needed. Connected my account today for Twitch rewards and now my character is gone. Support page says to reconnect to my previous Battle.net account.

How exactly do we do that when this is the first time a Battle.net account was ever connected??? Looks like 8 days now people posting on here with this issue and no fixes yet for us. Wild

Did you get your character back

Update - as others have mentioned, I was advised to reconnect to my other, older Battle.net account that I didn’t even know existed. However, I can’t access it since it’s related to an email that no longer exists and the password recovery’s only option is to send to that email. There also appears to be no bi-lateral integration that will allow me to change the account from the Microsoft side, and Blizzard support ghosted me when I asked for guidance there

Thus, I’m stuck having to start over with a new character from scratch and have since found out that none of my Ultimate addition pre-order bonuses are there. Extremely frustrating experience to say the least

do you remember who email was from,

Bought the game on Jun 10, got a character to lvl 30 last night. Bought around $10 of in-game stuff. Logged into Battlenet to link Twitch, and now my character is gone.

I cannot “reconnect to a previous Battlenet account” because I’ve only ever had one account.

I think there is a glitch because I don’t ever remember being asked to connect a Battlenet account when I first logged into the game (I bought it through Xbox).

1 Like

This happened to my wife yesterday. I believe blizzard makes a random account name for you when you play a game from xbox in order to play cross platform.

She then made an account to link to twitch for a mount. Somehow she linked an account using her Gmail account.

I told her to go try logging in on battle net using her hotmail email address. I discovered this because her battlenet username was moonstar"(randomnumbers) instead of what i had her as on my friendslist on pc as Adventurer#(randomnumbers).

She changed her email address on her original adventurer# account to her hotmail but first she had to create a new fake gmail account to attach her moonstar# account to in order to free up her hotmail username that was attached to moonstar.

I hope this explains and helps others that have the same issue. If it sounds confusing and you need further guidance, feel free to message me and i can try explaining better.

Blizzard creates a random battlenet username in order to play on cross platform. If you know anyone on pc that can tell you your accountname off their friends list, then you can figure out which email it is attached to. It should be your xbox email account.

Try logging in to battlenet dot com and see what your battlenet id is.

Gonna need some help if you can samething kinda happen to me my xbox saves are there for d4 but my characters are gone but battlenet is linking my other email and not the one on xbox like it should maybe you can help me out if you have time i do have a discord if your down to voice chat my name on there is sweatyesg thanks

My friend just lost his characters and his ultimate edition and all the things he paid for yesterday after linking battle.net app on his phone, and now no chars appears only create chat, I didn’t had that bad luck bc I linked everything possible before started to play, and from what I see if there is anything to link I will not do for sure. But is really weird your link your ps5 account with battle with the same e mail same pass, and yet it seems to create an new account in battle net that doesn’t let you log out

https://account.battle.net/connections#connected-accounts

Login with the email address belonging to your account.
And confirm that the accounts connected are the ones used for playing.
Important: make sure you are using the same emailadress, not one that is leading to the same email account.
I have heard of many cases where, just for example, players with @googlemail and @gmail mixed them up and created a new game account that way.

Same I have had battlenet for years n had diablo IV on ps4 since day one I linked my psn account everything was working fine untill added my Xbox account last night but when I logged into ps4/ps5 account all my ultimate content n characters are missing