Can't play Diablo 4.. The game is crashing all the time on the title screen

So I am able to play about 20 mins at a time before it crashes, so i guess this is some sort of an improvement, but it still is disheartening that I couldn’t get the full experience for what I paid for. hopefully this problem is fully resolved by tomorrows launch. If it is not resolved, I highly doubt I will be buying anymore blizzard products. Diablo 4 is what brought me back, and from were it stands now, it doesn’t feel worth it.

So guys, I made few steps and it helped me with the error:

Reinstall game didn’t help with all temp files in folders.

1. Delete all Razer Apps(Blizz confirmed on Server Slam that Razer doing smth with the game)
  2. Limit the FPS to 50(work on limited 60fps too)
  3. Almost minimum graphics(not sure that it will work on higher one, as I was pretty limited on time during weekends)

After making these steps issue was resolved, hope it will help to someone.

Almost exact same problem, running fine 4k all weekend, would crash occasionally - a few hours before launch i cant even get past log in screen, some weird colors swirling around at the top of the screen too

Same issue. Game crashes about every 15 mins. Tried all the fixes listed in this thread, none have worked.

I can’t play for more than 2 mins now. I submitted a ticket cause I hate that I can’t play along side my friends. I’ve done all the “fixes” I’ve seen on the forums and internet.

Previous updates fixed it for me, but with the last update, problem is back again, can’t even get to the character screen without the whole computer crashing…

I tried everything…

Chroma caps to 1, Safemode to 1 (individually and together)
I copied folder to HDD seperate drive and tried to run from there.
Removed 4k assets
Set max foreground fps to 50 in local prefs
Tried deleting local prefs
Rnamed dstorage.dll to dstorage.dllbackup

This is really dissapointing other people are in game making gear progression and here a bunch of us are dead in the water after spending 100 bucks on this Blizzard. I feel like we all deserve about half of that back at this point because we don’t see you doing anything to correct this or even make it up to us. Poor ethics by far

3 Likes

installing and playing on windows 10 fixed all of my problems. i had windows 11 before

Let me guess, you have a sorcerer char?

Thank you very much dude, doing it solve my issue…

ty man, i recently upgraded my SSD to 4tb and the game would not launch, tried so many things but this works. thanks again

I dont know why, but after the last patch, the crashs returned :frowning:
even doing the suggested on that topic, that solves the first time, now is not working, anyone knows other possible solutions?

had no issue playing both beta. official game keep crashing after 2nd patch…

1 Like

so what has worked for me was going into the advanced system settings and then going to performance and then advanced, and changing the virtual memory for my ram to what Microsoft recommends unfortunately mine wasn’t properly setup. it should be this equation initial: (RAMGB#) x 1024 x 1.5 maximum: (RAMGB#) x 1024 x 3 = how much should be used for ram… Amazon Games addressed this for New World and it seems to have fixed both of my issues.

lmao spoke too soon still crashed.

actually what fixed it for me was going into the graphics settings and turning off hardware accelerated gpu and windowed mode

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.