Can't gift Vessel of Hatred

Yes, and I explained why. The WoW expansion does NOT require having any other version of WoW on your account. WoW is free except the latest expansion. There is no need to check the WoW account for game keys.

D4 base game is not free. You have to purchase it before you can buy the expansion. If that game key is not on the Bnet account the sale won’t go through. You can’t gift D4 expansion because the shop can’t do the license check when gifting.

What you will also find, is that the WoW bundles that DO require Bnet checks are not gift- able either. The pet and mount bundles that check your account to see what you already have and then adjust the price based on your keys. You can’t gift those for the same reason.

The existence of the previous expansions or original game doesn’t matter. It’s a matter of the system not knowing what version of TWW the recipient has, just like with VoH.

For example, if I own the base TWW, and someone tries to gift me TWW, based off the logic of other games, the system doesn’t know which version of TWW I own, thus it can’t do the discount calcualtion for the gifter. It would be the same problem created by gifting VoH. Hence why it was a good question.

That is not why you can’t gift VoH though. It is not about a person having a particular version of VoH or not. It is not about checking for a version of of VoH when gifting. It is about the account having the base game key on it or not.

If account has base game key they can purchase it. If not, the purchase won’t go through. That check can’t be done when gifting so you can’t currently gift VoH to another account.

You also can’t purchase it yourself unless the system detects the base game key on your account.

It is a simple pass fail check to allow a purchase that can’t be done when gifting.

Yes, I have had that confirmed by the Diablo CMs.

:coffee: :teapot:

There are items in the different versions that don’t have anything to do with previous expos/original game that need to be accounted for when gifting.

Starcraft 2’s base game is free, yet it’s versions are not giftable for the reason I gave: the system doesn’t know what the recipient has.

sigh

That has nothing to do with why D4 VoH can’t be gifted. It is the simply pass fail check to see if the person has the base game or not.

At the risk of getting my hands smacked, Discord quote from Diablo CM.

I checked on this yesterday and got word from product teams that it’s due to the shop not being able to verify if the user has a base copy. It’s to prevent possible confusion and CS requests

I am not just making things up about why the purchase system won’t allow gifting on VoH. I am telling you what the CM and product teams have said.

I am going to go feed the cats and make coffee. shares

Sigh? So dramatic. You can knock that condescension off.

Just because you’re not making things up doesn’t mean others are . I’m only stating what our own CS people told me a long while back when I asked about the same situation with some other previous game.

hi MissCheetah! i appreciate you talking to CM’s to check this issue. so i understand that the system cannot verify if i have the base game because the base game is not free.

Diablo 3 base game is not free. but Rise of Necro and Reaper of Souls can be gifted no problem. it even gives a warning “Requires Diablo III”

i was just hoping they could do the same for Diablo 4. maybe the CM could look into this and use the same system.

I’m still waiting on this. Like someone said it must have been an oversight because we could gift diablo 4 early on without any problems and wow expansions etc. It’s a bit sad but plenty of time for them to “fix” it.

Could you buy them a battle.net gift card from Amazon’s Canadian site? I would think that would work (but I don’t know).