Can we atleast install voh now?

Fully aware this delay was due to steam players not being able to download VoH, but consoles have already installed the update.

Can bnet users atleast be able to install the update now?

2 Likes

bnet download was a week or so ago

7 Likes

You can download the update yes. The new title screen is neato.

1 Like

yes but we cant install it. consoles are already downloaded and installed.

2 Likes

they already installed? okā€¦
Steam users can download since a few minutes. So why canĀ“t we log in?
do we have to wait for people with 56k modems?

1 Like

very dispoint about the delay, always wasting our time

5 Likes

ya consoles were scheduled to install at the ā€œlaunchā€ time and the install is already done now. but they are blocking bnet users from installing update till they do whatever serverside things they have to do

Ya it still says 1.52 in the launcher on bnet (pre-release content downloaded), it should read 2.0.2. though if it was actually installed.

Not sure why consoles & steam get to update before their own bleeping client lol.

6 Likes

So it is due to Steam, basically? Meh.

Theyā€™ll probably artificially limit login to 2-3 hours from now so that Battle.net players donā€™t get an unfair headstart in a non competitive game. :wink:

3 Likes

You sure? Iā€™ve never seen them ā€˜NOT install the pre-downloadedā€™ content for a game. Iā€™d imagine itā€™s just installed.

if your bnet says pre-release content downloaded, itā€™s installed, just not activated as it has not been activated by their servers. Once Blizz activates the game, it will flip the version number

2 Likes

it isnt installed. it is downloaded that is it. the version would not read the 1.5.2 if it was installed

3 Likes

we are looking right at the launcher ā€¦ it clearly says ā€œPre-release content downloadedā€ in green at the bottom & if you click the little wheel to check for updates, it says the game is currently up to date & the version number it spits out is : 1.5.2.57673 & it should read. 2.0.2 if it was actually up to date with the new client.

3 Likes

exactly if i go to my ps5 it no longer is reading an old version like that, but 2.xx version

Bnet predownload was like a week ago

1 Like

download and install are 2 different things

4 Likes

There were two DLs on XBox. The preDL was hat was on 10/5 and a second one that occurred today around 4pm Pacific Time. After the second DL in game changed to the new screen and version 2.02

They mentioned in campfire there would be two DLs so those on PC Bnet might want to check and make sure you got both downloads.

ya we got that second download days ago. blizzard is just blocking the install at this point

2 Likes

Yeah I think the majority of files have been ā€˜installedā€™, but I guess they havenā€™t sent through the small patch that updates everything to load all those files. Which is a bit odd if xbox is already swapped over.

1 Like

Iā€™m on console. It is not installed.