Can’t login on PS5 with error code 1703

I can’t login to Diablo 4 since I bought the deluxe edition for early access, but it’s not the normal “invalid licensing issue” everyone is having. I keep getting hit with “There was a problem logging in (Code 1703).” I bought the currency for the workaround, and still can’t get in. I’m In Taiwan and don’t use a VPN and have had no other issues with other Blizzard games or any other PS5 games. This is super frustrating since I paid the extra 20 USD for early access and can’t get into the game.

1 Like

Same issue :pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive:

I lived in China mainland and have the same issue.
The other blizzard games like Diablo2 or Dlablo3 works fine online.

Same issue for me… Also living in China mainland. 110€ for the Ultimate Edition and can’t even pass the welcome screen of Diablo IV… :confused:

I think I found a solution to this issue.
The cause of the problem is that in China and several other areas, the battlenet server address will be resolved to a battlenet server in China, but the China battlenet server does not exist any more.
So the solution is to change the DNS server setting in PS5 to a local DNS server in other country.
For example, set DNS server to 4.2.2.1 will resolve the address to the US battlenet server.
Set DNS server to 168.126.63.1 will resolve the address to the Korean battlenet server.

2 Likes

From China. No VPN. This worked.

Good afternoon, the same problem 1703 when logging in from 06/02/2023. So it has remained after today’s release. Anyone managed to fix it?

the solution seems to be 2 posts above yours. Why not try to read?

it’s all been tried, it doesn’t help.

Sorry, just want to ask, how to change the DNS SERVER?

Ok boys, I live in mainland China and got it fixed for me.I also had error message 1703. Hopefully it works for you!

Steps:
1: Start up PS5, go to Network.
2: Network settings
3: then again settings
4: Set up internet connection
5: Go to “other” Set up Manually.
6: You get 2 options: “Use WiFi” or “Use a LAN Cable. Choose what is best for you.
7: Go to DNS settings and put it on Manual.
8: Type in Primary DNS 1.1.1.1
Type in Secondary DNS: 1.0.0.1
“Don’t touch the proxy server!!” Leave it on “Don’t use”
9: Press done.
10: Restart the PS5.
Welcome in D4!

1 Like

Thank you very much, that method worked! China, Shanghai, ps5 standard edition. For me situation like this: using hotel WiFi still can’t login, but using mobile hotpot can login (tested with VPN). Use as primary DNS Korean address and as secondary US

Had the same issue. The issue was error code 1703 issue logging in after press any button screen. Do this.

Not devs error, operator error.
Fix: (this step may be optional. It didn’t fix directly after this but it was a problem none the less) DEACTIVATE ALL DEVICES CONNECTED TO YOUR CONSOLE! 2 people I have no clue who they are had access to my games and payment information. Go on PlayStation website remotely disable it, change your password and it will sign whoever has your information.

Step2- RESET CONSOLE SETTINGS! Nothing else. Just console settings. All of them. Something was jacked up and I have no clue what. The very second I reset the settings, logged back in and loaded up the game it worked almost instantly without even loading. I selected “optimized experience” when setting it back up. Please do these things! Let me know if it works and let other people know so they can actually touch the game and not waste their money❤️

System>system software>reset options>restore default settings.

If that doesn’t clear it up the other steps I also applied as per a psn support team was
Step 1. Turn off playstation 5
Step 2. Hold down power button till 2 beeps
Step 3. Connect your controller to the console via the USB cable. Then press the PS button on the controller, and you will enter the PS5 Safe Mode.
Step 4. In Safe Mode, select Option 6 - Rebuild Database.
Step 5. Select clear cache.
Step 6. After console restarts repeat steps 1-4 for safe mode and this time select rebuild database after step 4. (There’s 2 steps with the same name, it’s confusing to verbally say. You’ll understand when you’re on the screen)

Hisayuki’s solution worked for me. I’m mainland China too. Solid advice. Diablo logged in fine after changing the DNS.

(don’t suppose any of you know how to get Apex legends to run without massive packet loss from China by any chance?)

1 Like

Hisayuki’s solution worked for me too! Living in China so this working is magic!

Just need Blizzard to sort out the Chinese server, which I’m sure will never happen. Might be slowing down my game downloads though.

1 Like

still having same issue after trying Hisayuki’s method. Kinda frustrated with this 1703 error.

I am also in China. Was hoping the dns setting would fix it but didn’t :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.