Buff gem frag drops!

It feels like a joke that there has been seasons where we used to complain that there was nothing interesting to do with amount of gem fragments we were getting before you raised the cap because we couldn’t even pick them up once min-maxed.

Now, you give us some really cool options but you NERFed the drops!

I am 250hrs in with 2 characters with pretty decent gear, and I have only been able to craft 3 horadric gems, my Warlock is gem-naked because I need to swap gems between characters. No dreaming of flawless. The only way people are somehow farming this, is with the dungeon grind near Temis. This grind takes forever and is not rewarding by any means by the new “endgame” system.

The trade side is absolutely ridiculous with flawless selling at 65B a piece or more. With a gold cap if 99B plus these stupid prices, it is just impossible.

I have around 60B right now, from trading talismans, bases and uniques, I do engage in trade even though it sucks in this game, but buying gems for 2 characters (I wished I could play more classes, but levelling warplan per character feels like going to work), at 7 gems per characte, with these prices and NO FUN AND RELIABLE IG FARM is just not cool.

Edit: some typos.

4 Likes

The gem issue is insane. Why do you not reward your players for doing torment 12? If you are wanting us to farm the Seer dungeon, then why if you do it on Torment 12 does it not always drop Grand Gems? Same with anything you do on torment 12 the reward for gems doesn’t match the difficulty at all. Mythic Unique’s should not be more common than max rank gems!!!

6 Likes

The Seer dungeon grind is just soul-crushing, I’ve done 200 runs the other and I had to quit the game for 2 days feeling completely overwhelmed. I only managed to craft 3 horadric with the drops.

I am at a point in my progression where I feel stock, I have had 2 good 4GA uniques with okay rolls that I wished I could have kept for another build but the market is crazy right now, trying to price your items with the unique affix randomness which sucks for trade, and for fun too. I have capped my gold twice, I am not going to spend it all in 4 gems, not even the full set. And where is the fun in that, I don’t mind trading for items but I want to be able to craft my gems and use the cube as intended.

it is just freaking ridiculous.

I don’t know what Blizzard is thinking, these games have a short lifespan, I am not going to grind fragments for a month. Where is the loot?

They need to buff this now.

2 Likes

Really expected this change to be implemented with this patch. But not even a mention. There’s no way the current gem situation is intended. It’s silly.

2 Likes

I’d like to see all dungeon bosses drop royal gems. Would make running through them much more rewarding.

1 Like

Would be nice to at least buff end game content to match the dungeon grind. I don’t mind grinding in an ARPG but doing end game grinding not boss rushing 1 dungeon. Just feels not intended.

1 Like

I think what they could do is to make Torment level scale gems drop by 20-50 % per difficulty.
So T12 would be 240-600 % bonus. Still it would take a lot of time to farm max level gems but much better than to farm Seer dungeon for several hours. That just feels bad.

Also it would make NDM and Escalating dungeon gem affixes worth it. Also it would help other gem war plan options.

2 Likes

Agreed. Upgrading gems would still be a grind for marginal increases but currently horadric gems are gated to only the sweats who are willing to spend 24 hours farming seer’s reach.

Its not just the 1 Dungeon.. its EVERY dungeon in Skovos… its just the 1 dungeon people know about is one of the fastest to do…

So the idea is when doing Warplans look for Skovos dungeon keys.. go do it passively.. i managed to do Pit 120 on Wing Strike Pally 5/5/26 without any gems being higher than Royal.. (hell im not even sure i had Royals…)

Still, it doesn’t matter if you can break the pits with I gems, flawless gg games are in the game and they are part of the character progression as the final step.

Currently there is no content in the game, incentivised by warplans that can be used as a reliable way to farm gems. People are using regular dungeons (not its nightmare counterpart) and I feel these have lost function in the game now that we can’t even get aspects from them. they are also using other methods like farming the capstone dungeons.

We all know Seer Reach is not the only one in Skovos, but it is the fastest rush to the boss. This is not the issue. The issue is that upgrading your gems to the final step is not possible through regular gameplay across the new endgame system.

Fishing for a Skovos NMD key is not reliable. That is a lot of waste of good dust when you need 250 royal gems to make 1 flawless gem, times 7 which is 1,750 to complete a set on one character. And not every single one in Skovos gives gems. I have tried them all.

I ended up trading for my gems on Diablo Trade by selling drops and buying gems as I went. I paid around 210b in chunks of 30b/35b depending on colour popularity. It is really sad that a game without an IG economy forces you to play outside the game due to the lack of these. We had this problem with legendary runes before, but it was never as bad nor as difficult to get.

The math ratio for fragment drops is wrong. I am not the only one saying this, there are a million posts on Reddit.

1 Like

have you tried specific gem reserve escalations? each horadric box gives 30-50k fragments of that gem… in one such dung i can easily get half million frags…

im 151hr in with my barb ( and like 30 or so with warlock) and crafted altogether 8-9 horadric gems… i only started doing these dungeons like in the last 50 hrs, and not exclusively that content

1 Like

My experience was massively different. I saw 100-150k a run. Definitely better than literally anywhere else, but still hardly anything. Maybe the drops are gigabuffed in T12

I thought Infernal Hordes might be the key. Boy was I wrong when I sunk 1200 aether for about 2k frags of each color. It was actually pretty funny because I felt like I just got clowned on.

1 Like

Ye hordes is a shame of the season…

Tbh i use ancestral escalations and always get min 35k from 1 chest. It may affect that i have nearly 40% crafting material bonus but idk…

1 Like

The silly part of the fragment and gem drop is that i have a bank full of rune… i have every rune possible, each in stacks of 50 to 100… rune should be less common than gem seriously.