Boss materials makes the game tedious

I think it is too much focus on farming boss materials. It gets quite tedious. Can’t we just farm bosses like the old times please? It’s in fact too much focused on materials as a whole, and since pretty much everything is based on that it really feels like a very one-sided way of playing the game. It was ok in the beginning, but now…I dunno if I can play the game in this state anymore. It’s sad cause D4 have a very good gameplay feel.

12 Likes

yea the gameplay can be alot of fun, but farming mats/keys to be able to play the content is very boring :frowning:

12 Likes

Exactly. I was maybe thinking of buying the expansion but when thinking about that we have to go through this over and over… don’t think I will tbh.

At the current stage, normal bosses should be free for all. Only tormented bosses should require materials. They can adjust the drop rates for Ubers and boss materials if they implement that.

4 Likes

Boss materials is fine. What makes it tedious is the need to do boss rotas. THAT is what makes doing bosses tedious at least for me.

If i could just go in whenever i please and kill bosses without the discord hassle il be golden.

3 Likes

just like in real life

All meterial farm is tedious. It’s just gating progress and forces you to go mindless repeat-modus which is extremely boring. But whatever. We have different opinions, but for me this isn’t very innovative at least.

1 Like

Removing summoning mats would have to be accompanied by a severe nerf in droprates for mythic uniques.

because the challenge to getting them should be accumulated login time?

This game is now setup for the streamers period. A casual player does not have time to farm all these materials including stones which are still a terrible drop rate almost seems bugged even though they say its 30 percent drop over pit 100. Same with Tormented uber bosses exact same time. Its like they don’t want people breaking the game. They do realize streamers will always find a way to get way overpowered through the people that watch them. The rest of us first don’t have that much gold to temper like that and don’t have time to farm 100 duriel runs a day.

I gotta agree - I just got my Druid to level 100 and have NO Desire to attempt any of the bosses that are gated behind Mat gathering, Very bad decision on Blizzard’s part, what are we going to do once the Primes arrive… NO Farming of Bosses is the worst part of this game IMO …

1 Like

I agree. Bosses should appear in dungeons, and not in a special room and not with ghost dumb crap. You should just come across them as you explore a dungeon in some random room towards the opposite end of the entrance just so you don’t stumble across them in the first few rooms. There should also be a high probability of finding a mystery chest quality chest in those dungeons. You should also be able to pack those dungeons full of pit tier enemies that drop loot quality or quantity based on level. Make the activity of exploring and plowing through trash at least somewhat challenging, but also just as rewarding as the boss itself.

Whoever decided the best loot should only come from one entity and everything else is just there to waste your time is a complete and utter moron. Loot is fun, everything should have a chance to drop loot and stuff that challenges your build should have the highest chance to drop the best loot.

1 Like

The mats would be fine if I could turn the lower level boss mats in to a vendor somewhere to get the higher level boss mats. Summon, 1 shot, port out, reset, run in, summon, 1 shot, port out… repeat X times… you get the idea. That’s not engaging, entertaining, or challenging. It’s the height of monotony.

It’s like they ignored the fact that at some point your character might actually move beyond Grig and Var being any sort of challenge. It’s more like a boring commute that leads to an equally boring job.

1 Like

Yep, im okay with it either way. They are so common now anyways.

Farming is a big part of the game, and the genre. So you have to get used to it.
In most cases the farming takes up a smaller portion of the fun, eg. runeshards for pits are very easy to get.
Since the uber bosses drop build-defining loot then it makes sense for them to be locked behind some major grind.

But I do agree that boss summoning materials are a pain to get. If tormented bosses dropped x5 materials like they were supposed to the system would be much improved.

I completely agree my only grip is the stones cause I do not see a 30% drop rate at 101 pit or above sorry. I have run 10 runs in a row multiple times and usually end up only getting 1 or 2 that does not come close to a 30% drop rate so it may be bugged or they r misleading us. Same with tormented bosses. Ran multiple 10 runs at a time again no uber just a regular uber not greater affix again this has a 10% drop rate. Both need to be reexamined.

Its 18% not 30%. I believe 30% is at pit 200.

1 Like

Your right well it still seems to low when your running pits and hardly getting any rewards I find more per hour doing 80’s so still think the percentages need to be increased.

Sounds fine.
20charrrrrrr

It would be nice if they simplified all the mats at least and made each boss cost more or less, depending on their loot table and difficulty.