Boring, grindy game

Yeah I don’t like streamers at all. I think they destroy our gaming experiences. Both through spoiling games and enticing devs to make changes that are just good for them. I was using him as an example of someone that goes and tweaks a build to make it work without having to utilize a guide. It really is just flow with a melee build tbh. You can do that for any of the classes you just need to look at the nodes on the skill tree and have an understanding of the gems.

Part of the fun is making mistakes though. It is an extension of D2 when you could not respec. The game was fun partially because you could fail in making your build and not even clear hell though the game is super easy if you know what you are doing. You would make a new char and try again. In PoE you have this same friction though it is easier than the initial D2 with respec points.

I disagree with you not needing a guide in D4. Sure it is easier, but there is a very limited subset of builds that you could take to NM 100 and Uber Lillith. You basically need a guide or many iterations of attempts to figure out what can kill them. That is somewhat different than PoE. You can do the endgame content with basically any skill in PoE. They just have differing levels of investment required. The number of builds that are viable are probably 100x the number of viable builds in D4.

1 Like

What is mathematical? There is no artificial constraint on damage or defense, only mobs getting more of both.

I agree with your points. I can see the fun and value in the trial and error style approach to PoE. It would be very time intensive and repetitive though, so would require the right kind of player and mindset.

In D4 as you move up in world tiers and tackle the tougher difficulties, yes your choices really start to get increasingly more narrow. Right now there are what, one or two builds for each class that work okay in W4? I expect that to get adjusted over time, but we’ll be waiting a while. I don’t expect my shadow dot minion necro to hold up in W4 for example, but we shall see.

There are some events I can’t do already, nor can I chase down and kill a treasure goblin in time because of my build and skills. That kind of thing is very irksome.

I want to like PoE, but that game has been convoluted from the start. The currency was enough to turn me off. Builds were more effort than i cared for a video game, too.

1 Like

The game doesn’t actually get hard until WT4. The map is enormous. Most mobs get deleted in a couple of hits.

what kind of nonsense are you writing here?! this game is great. i have level 72 and haven’t explored much here yet. you don’t want to play because you were psychologically expecting a whole new game, but this is the diablo game series. And that’s a good thing.
You don’t have to expect anything more, you’ll only have disappointment. Take this game as your favorite game in the series. To me Diablo 4 is similar to Diablo 2 for the most part.

1 Like

If people aren’t used to arpgs it might come as as surprise when they reach 50-60 and run out of quests etc to do. That’s what I’m seeing mostly. I personally have no issues and I level slower than most of you seem to do. I started playing 6.6 and I’m level 94 right now. I don’t group or even have any friends in the game to begin with, the social aspect of the game is borderline pathetic to be honest. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone but myself use the chat.

I wrote this is another thread but I feel like 80+ is where the slog really begins, at least for me. You have leveled all your glyphs and now you’re just leveling and you rarely get an item upgrade. I really think they should finetune 80+ to have a more impactful feel to it otherwise it just feels like extra padding for no reason. When/if they add that next torment tier it would probably fix this problem right away. The next issue is that you might want to try another class or build but you’ve already spent so much time leveling your character.

Note: I’m level 94 and I’ve stuck to my original spec and it works just fine.

Neither am I and it’s still boring and full of flaws.

100%.

I love a fun grindy game.

I do not like boring games.

This game is boring. The grind is boring. The loot is boring. The lack of social is boring. The open world is boring. Every build depends on generator/spender setups, boring. Talking about this game is putting me to sleep, boring.

2 Likes

Can be fun, but Blizzard “fun detected” promptly removed; meanwhile everything else takes months to fix.

this is what happens when devs think they gonna make Path of Diablo … and fails…

a sleeping pill at best

That sums up D4. They should branch their marketing into the sleep-aid market. Launching the game literally puts me to sleep.

2 Likes

People act like they want to make their own builds. That is trial and error. They should know that some builds are not going to work. It would be silly to expect any hodge podge of skills to be good.

This game has zero similarity with Path of anything. They copy pasted D3 because they were lazy.

1 Like

not really… D3 was fun…this is not

1 Like

Not gonna lie it sounds like your gear is old and your build is poorly set up.

Currently level 58 on WT3 and I can’t help but 1 or 2 shot most mobs with my own wonky pulverize druid build. I have not even started trying to optimize rolls on gear.

Some helltide bosses can be pretty spongy and pretty much every other mob dies in a couple of seconds.

Make sure your gear is upgraded to at least level 3, it makes a huge difference. Have you started using your paragons yet? There is a reason you are lacking damage.

I don’t understand where anyone would say they copy/pasted D3. At this point, it’d be nice if they did!!!

1 Like

You gain access to a fifth glyph. That can be pretty huge.

Gear is fully upgraded.
The selection of skills works and brought me to where I am.
HC. Many SC players have comments, those dont work in HC.
I’m missing head and breast and glove scared items as well as jewelry.
I have the best, lucky drop upgraded to legendary weapon. Nothing that drops is nearly as good.
At level 52, when I got it, it made the game fun again, after struggling like I do again now.
At 56 it’s not fun anymore.
I dont need other people’s guides. I’m fully capable of making my own decisions.
I’m not a casual player. I’ve been a top 5 raider in a classic MMORPG, not WoW.
I have played games longer than some trolls replying here are on this planet.

The thing is, I don’t care to spend any more time on this boring gameplay.
I can’t stomach to freaking fight an encounter, like really put some effort into it, every.single.time, every.single.encounter.
With dodging and invoking Mist, with filling the generator bubble and spending, multiple times per encounter.
It’s tiresome. It’s exhausting.

I started HC because of the first 100 to 100 challenge. And now the highest level character is this necro.
I played alts, only to realize that the game plays more or less the same with them.
So my time would be better spent playing the main.
Getting them levelled up is equally time consuming as the main. Why bother.
I tried werebear druid. So OP low level. Hit 15 and suddenly the RMB attack gets downgraded to require more than 1 use to kill stuff.

My rogue died at 43 because I listened to a SC player, despite knowing better. I respecced into puncture and twisted blades. So much worse than the ranged trappers build I had before. Died in CC.
Started the necro and it felt super OP.
LMB generator that fortifies, all the pets.
I moved away from using pets, except I kept the blood golem for the 15% damage absorb.
I have Mist to get out of difficult situations, with a corpse explosion imbue when triggered which reduces the cooldown.
I know what I’m doing.
Blood spear because it can clear heaps of mobs fast.
But, every encounter is heaps of mobs.
*** That is the issue ***
So every encounter is a struggle.
Imagine fighting every trash mob seriously, needing 7 left clicks to kill it.
I have bone shield because of the DR and increased damage. Virtually unkillable while it’s up.

I played the strip aspect game with my gear.
Drops are terrible. I’m repeating myself again.
Tree quest 0 legendary or unique.
Helltide chests drop rares.
Why do I bother playing?

I have better things to do thqn fighting sponges, than wasting time on fighting large trash encounters.

The thing is that you ger weaker as you level up.

And I’m again repeating myself.

And to the people commenting how easy everything is at later stages in the game. You missed the point. Yeah I saw streams how easy late game is.
This is not about that stage of the game.

I can’t stomach wasting another 4 days on grindig to get to 60, doing always the same actions. It’s boring, mind numbing boring.

Why should I spend my free time doing the same unfun activity? I shouldn’t and won’t.
Thinking about it even gives me a revolting feeling in my throat.

Those developers need to make us not struggle but have fun, that’s what I wrote initially and I repeat myself, again.
Reading comprehension ftw

2 Likes

So basically every hack n slash game?