Blizzard says Diablo 4's respec costs "are final"

Perhaps.

But it is the kind of thing we’ve seen companies do in recent years. Monetizing a QOL feature would fit the proposed model.

What a stupid reason to refund. Im calling bs and will see you on launch day.

Might want to read my next post after this one you quoted before calling BS and calling my reasoning “stupid”. :wink:

Nice they haven’t caved in yet on the respec cost, reading this was music to my ears :beers:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s the correct decision.

Later the gold cost becomes absolutely nothing. I was giving away insane 10s of millions to friends without a thought. Relax and move along, nothing to see here.

That would be something to see tbh. As it might indicate the respec cost is not nearly high enough for its intended purpose.

You mean respec tickets or discounts to respec and other systems perhaps.

It’s nothing new for online games, especially competitive ones (it’s cool to work from players mistakes, humans are adaptable!) and I hope Diablo 4 has a good competitive project in the future once they’re happy with the server stability and the game itself around 3 months after its release.

Well… That sucks. Guess I don’t need the deluxe or ultimate version to play 4 days early anymore since I’ll need to wait for a cookie cutter build to follow. I won’t be playing with my own builds with these respec costs.

Will change in less than a year and much like covenants will likely cost them players they might not recover.

1 Like

Please make a TL DR to assist with clarification of your intent.

In response to your title.- Good