Blizz, you are SERIOUSLY out of touch

For those of you complaining about the pulverize nerfs, at least you got to be OP for a short while.

Try playing werewolf. I cant even complete bonus objectives on open world events because my damage is so bad.

My most damaging ability is the creeper vine active. Which isnt even a werewolf skill.

Man. It’s almost like a class shouldn’t have the ability to clear the hardest boss in the game Tier 4 doing nearly 1 million damage a second. Let’s never talk about that lol.

This has been said multiple times… the legendary that enabled that damage needed to be nerfed. NONE is saying that it should be in the game.

The issue is the changes to shouts which have gutted the whole barb class.

I’ve been following this thread and a few others and people still haven’t stated the obvious I wonder if anyone will?

I can’t keep it to myself so let me explain how game design works.

When designing a combat oriented video game you typically design a simulator algorithm first to automate debugging NPC values compared to potential PC values per level that’s why they actually have item and character levels its also why Blizzard went with the scaling mobs it’s just a lot easier to design encounter scenarios around. Long story short if you change the input value of the PC you must change the output values of the NPC’s.

I’ve seen quite a lot of goblins today even after the nerf. I’m also enjoying the challenge of this game compared to D3. I think expecting your character to be min/maxed after 4 days is maybe unrealistic. I personally hated that characters got completely geared out in a day playing D3. This game has longevity. I really hope they don’t buff everything to obsurdity because people are complaining so much.

How you make a game feel this bad over night, i’m at 1300 AP lvl 44 on my barb and getting one shot by a lvl 45 boss ability i can barley see on the ground fully buffed in WT1, I am fallowing the maxroll WW guide after trying the 3 other lvling builds and hating the other 2. IDK…i didnt feel like this yesterday.

The funny thing about the fields so far is that you can farm them and nobody will even fight you.

wait did they actually nerfed goblins? they literally droped most times 1 or 2 rare items let alone legendary not to mention they were extremely rare that i kept saying to myself those goblins need some massive buff but they nerf instead? LOL

sjees, so much crying, damn , i have fun in this game, you guys just are crybaby’s

Bleeds took a huge hit. Noticed that first thing when I logged in today. Not sure what the “maxroll build” is, or any other build for that matter (I dabble and find synergies myself). I did notice a sharp drop in damage, especially in the bleed department.

Yeah it feels like they didnt even test the game before the release, but we DELUXE testers did and guess what, the game was bad so they changed it 3 days AFTER the release… Lost my will to play and I had a blast for 3 days, it was great fun. Now I am just sad.

1 Like

If someone thought WW barb and Pulverize Druid where not OP beyond any reason is on some serious copium vaping, lol. However as always devs (same goes at least for GGG and Path of Exile) will rather do hammer nerf killing the build rather than bringing down in line to everything else without killing build functionality.

The problem is not that they were addressing this - it’s how they were addressing this.

I agree, it felt so crappy reading all the nerfs even if I didn’t play the classes getting nerfed. I can see how crappy it could be investing time putting a build together only to have it decimated over night.

1 Like

I agree, Paragon boards are now like paragon in d3. Small stat upgrades, very useless. And what’s up with nerfing the gear without even buffing the skills? So stupid.

1 Like

The real reason they’re out of touch is that there are skills and affixes that are straight up broken and do nothing (Combustion, Fiery Surge, Firewalker) that were reported as such back in March and still not fixed. That isn’t balance, that’s bugs.

Why would you be using blood core skills when you’re clearly spec’ing for bone spear (based on what you typed)? That’s a literal self-nerf to yourself. And bone was nerfed, blood was buffed. It’s not like it wasn’t the only F-tier build according to virtually every youtuber. Oh wait.

nothing new in bliZz crew,
not nerfing a build round about 10-20%, balancing in tune, naaa
make the build useless by destroying fluent gameplay

2 Likes

laughs in Necro Essence Regen Nerf At least you can all use your skills.

It’s disheartening to witness the obsoletion of numerous Druid and Barbarian setups, especially considering these classes were already heavily reliant on gear to be effective.

It raises questions about the playtesting process and whether the development team truly understands the impact of these changes. The emphasis on power fantasy and the allure of the Paragon Board now feels diminished, as the system has been reduced to a mere minor stat gain.

It begs the question: why provide early access and allow players to invest in certain playstyles, only to render them ineffective shortly afterward? It feels like a shortsighted approach that alienates and frustrates the very players who make up a significant portion of the player base.

These nerfs seem to target a select few that are already 100 and geared, rather than considering the overall player experience. As a casual player, it’s difficult to comprehend the reasoning behind these decisions.

2 Likes

Yeah, no idea why the 1 and ONLY build thats viable for this class is done for. Companion build sucks beyond anything imaginable, to the point, just get rid of companions and add new skills.

The only even remotely close option is a lightning storm build but requires like 4-5 specific gear pieces to even work and then you just don’t have the defense the pulverize build gave with the setup.

It’s crazy, everyone hated and ranked Druid the lowest at Beta and they screamed at everyone saying they were wrong and it’s one of the best classes so we stuck with it and as soon as we went oh damn ok, they nerfed it lmao

Like, we couldn’t even get a week of feeling like we made a good choice. Now I’m sitting at 63 mad as hell because I do NOT want to start a new class and grind all that wy again.

No idea what they are doing but I can assure you, people are leaving in mass at this point. I don’t want to spend a whole day grinding just to get 1-2 levels. This ain’t Final Fantasy 11 in 2002…