Blizz looking at bad luck protection for Ubers and better accessibility for boss summoning mats in future

WOWhead posted this 3 hours ago - It was derived from someone on X twitted Adam . Adam replied he heard a bunch of these feedback and team is looking into it for future.

I mean WoW had bad luck protection for a long time. It is when you kill a boss and do not get a legendary to drop, the system will count that as 1 attempt and internally, your luck to get a legendary will increase by X % the next time you down a boss. And the % will increase until you finally get a legendary to drop, the system will reset again.

I think this is a good system. Looks like D4 team is actively seeking inspiration from other team in Blizz to improve the game. I think this is very much needed right now. Even after the drop rate doubled for Christmas, it is still very low for a solo player having to farm all the mats for just a few attempts at Duriel.

Making mats more accessible to summon and by having bad luck protection similar to WoW will make this game better for the majority of the player base for sure.

4 Likes

Oh god lets hope they dont do this. Its not wow and we dont need safety nets on something which already has high drop rates.

6 Likes

ya that is the worst idea ever. kids keep whining to try and make this an arcade game like d3 as opposed to an arpg.

2 Likes

What purpose does the idea of a chase item serve if itā€™s guaranteed after a certain point?

2 Likes

Agreed, this should not be a thing. It doesnā€™t sound too legit coming from a social media post about ā€œa friend whi heard thatā€¦ā€ but for the record, this is not a good idea.

As it is there is too much junk dropping. I donā€™t know what the poor vendors do with all the trash I sell them. They could outfit several armies from my submissions alone. I donā€™t want guranteed drops. I want there to be more scarcity and hunt for things. Let it actually be special if you get a legendary, unique or heaven forbid an uber unique.

Think south park QVC episode where cartman sells jewelry

2 Likes

Really glad the D2 players are not going to dictate the direction of this game. At this point the entire end game loop is Duriel runs. To waste peoplesā€™ time in a season with extremely rare drops is a complete insult. If they give us more to do itā€™s not so important but if that is all there is there has to be some satisfaction. Thank god the company also knows this and will adjust things accordingly and anybody who says you just have to grind more is making use of duped mats. You didnā€™t grind for those 1000ā€™s of runs you just bought them. If they make mat trading illegal without changing the drop rates the forum wailing will be monumental.

7 Likes

Something needs to change because Iā€™m tired of vendoring blue roses and not getting one drop of anything else. Not one time has a Tobaults Will dropped and forget the Uber UIniques as I havent even snifffed one of those.

1 Like

Primal drop rate is .04% in D3. Maybe you should play it first before mentioning it.

2 Likes

because i wasnt decked out in bis gear/sets in less than 12 hrs of gameplay. ya d3 sure is the gold standard lol

Are you new here?

The forum complaining is already monumental.:joy:

Itā€™s more because you are using Diablo 3 in a derogatory way referencing it in places it shouldnā€™t be included.

2 Likes

How about just getting rid of the summoning mats? So everyone can farm bosses for their hearts contet(like we could in D2 and D3). Than MAYBE this bad luck protection wouldnā€™t be neccessary at all.

3 Likes

Iā€™m OK farming the mats, but think the entry should be 1-1 across the board. 10 steel per Duriel run and 2 each of the varshan mats is too steep a cost. The time to farm the 18 mats needed takes significantly longer than it takes to kill Duriel. Itā€™s a time sink and nothing more meant to artificially boost engagement numbers.

Oh god let them make it, and donā€™t listen to no lifers like you!

1 Like

Just make the drops more often with rolls like it has always been, you want a perfect Uber then put in the 1500 runs, if not, then 200-300 runs for an imperfect. why is this so hard. Also get rid of the garbage mat grind.

I think thatā€™s a fair drop rate for Uncommon Uniques.
I refuse to refer to them as ā€œUbersā€ anymore.
Blizz started the nonsense with overhyped, duplicate snowflake level rarity items and itā€™s caused nothing but problems/arguments within the community.

The problem We, as players have, is that thereā€™s no clear metric as to what the farming experience truly is.
Chances are high that running with Pubs and in my case - friends - that itā€™s more likely than not that duped/rmt materials are being used.

I can say that in all my own runs with mats I personally farmed: Iā€™ve gotten nothing.
In the smash & grab 50-75 sessions with people who are popping materials like candy? Yes Iā€™ve gotten a few.
Thatā€™s what it takes and ā€˜legitā€™ running is, outside of crazy luck, a pretty mediocre experience and lesson in hamster wheel tedium.

While Target Farming is all well and good - itā€™s never a good experience knowing that the process or ABC steps that lead to X are never going to truly yield anything at all.
Only X is the focus and Reward Y is gated behind ā€œluckā€.

Knowing that anything can drop anywhere(85+ rules apply) is really the way to go.
.04% aka Primals is a good start.

How they work with Duriel or change/donā€™t change anything(pity timer etc) Iā€™m totally indifferent about.
Itā€™s a hollow hamster wheel timesink loop that in the face of ā€œfor the price of a cup of coffeeā€¦ā€ one could save dozens of hours of fruitless farming - makes legit farming feel even worse.
They certainly captured that ā€œDiablo 2 Feeling!ā€ with this and Iā€™m not talking about RNG.
Itā€™s got that ā€œIf you arenā€™t bot, youā€™re little peopleā€/RMT/Dupe vibe I thought was left behind.

Im a casual player but I still dont want D3. I want an aarpg with RNG.

that is a good change for a terrible gameplay loop, making it bearable.

But the better solution is scrap the whole thing, it was the absolute worst thing they could do to make ppl target farm, making everything else nearly meaningless. Who comes up with such dumb ideas? completely scrapping their whole gearing process to a 1 activity chase.

Is there no1 in their dev team that has a gamer-brain, that actually plays games, who can see that such crappy loops arent fun at all?

4 Likes

The harsh truth.
4 :cry: required.

1 Like