Blighted corpse explosion visual clarity (VERY VERY BAD)

First forum post to say yes. This is a huge issue.

Never played Diablo before. Thought a Shadow Necro with minion support would be cool.

Blight CE is literally the only other shadow skill without aspects I can get early on and my scrub self keeps dying because I can’t see poison pools, target circles, or other indicators of incoming damage.

Not to even going to mention the other synergistic issues this forum has enlightened me on that have successfully made me feel like I’ve joined a marginalized community in an attempt escape from feeling like that in real life.

1 Like

Still waiting for this to be fixed. How is this not hotfix worthy? They said they were working on it for “this month.” Not only does it affect necros, but anyone else they party with.

1 Like

Completely agree. Really want to play with this skill, but it is very annoying for my friends that I play with.

If you all missed the campfire livestream theyve acknowledged the opaqueness of that to be a bug, thats its actually gotten them killed a few times.

It will be patched not sure if it counts as a hotfix.

Please fix this Blizzard! It makes the game unplayable for myself and my friends. My friends literally ask me to respec off my build because it’s so hard to see what is going on.

I wish they just made blight and blighted corpse explosion apply a dot to any enemies in the initial explosion radius, and doesn’t leave a puddle. It would both solve the visual issue and make the builds much more viable with the amount of enemies that move out of them.

Knowing how DoTs work in this game, i’m glad it’s not the case. Granted, it would be simpler, but with the snapshotting mechanics, we couldn’t easily utilize the blighted aspect.

Yes, this is a hit in the nuts!
Make this black cloud thing invisible to other players or at least fading invisible just like the skeletons or minions.
Because these black thick cloud removes the fun of the game for playing with a necro friend.
Thanks!

Just came her to say the same thing. Awesome mechanic terribad visuals.

Agree fully. The effect should not be this dense

Working as intended

Have you seen Alien Covenant where David bombarded the planet? That black cloud is perfect for the immersion.

+1 to change this effect - only played solo thus far but I can see (or can’t…) it being incredibly annoying for other players. Great skill and I love my build but it need to be transparent not completely opaque

I just turned an entire world boss and then legion event screen black for everyone else.

While it’s satisfying to know I’m doing a lot of damage. It’s probably not as fun for everyone else who can’t even see the game.

1 Like

I’ve thought about this a lot. I wonder how miserable others are playing with a necro and having to guess where their character is on screen.

One would assume that the developers would have fixed this long ago because you know they played their game before releasing it. Or they just said “it works, that’s all that matters, we’ll figure it out later, we have to release it this so we make the deadline.”

Gotten to the point where I find the darkness spread to be a feature, spam it like crazy in an event/world boss/legion and throw a bone prison on an ally and count out the seconds till they realise they are stuck :smiley:

Bonus points if you leave it at rank 1 so it does no damage so the mobs can kill them :laughing:

1 Like

It isn’t possible to hotfix it. It is a larger bug that requires a large patch to fix. It will be in the big patch that is coming soon.

As Softcore Player, Death’s don’t stress me to much, but the visual Clarity in Greater Groups or fights with a group is a Joke, the visuals clearly need a Fix asap, i love necro, but i’m tempted to reroll cuz i like to see the game, and not only gray fog.

It’s fixed now right?

Yup. It looks great. Black in the center with a sort of cream color outer edge. It can get dark in outside areas when it is nighttime and you stack a bunch of them but nothing like it was before.

Then let’s close this damn thread