Black screen after game launch after most recent update

When I updated my Diablo 4 on the Xbox series X, I go to play the game and once launched it sits on a black screen… I tried to restart my console, uninstall/reinstall and nothing works. Digital copy. Any advice?

3 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. No resolution yet. I’m also on the Xbox series X. I own a digital copy. The game starts on my Xbox one .

1 Like

Same boat as you, ive tried it all. Full resets, clearing bluetooth, persistent storage, turning off VRR, uninstall. Keep getting a black screen after the lilith image. Hope they fix this. Update if you get any answers

is it really an update if everythings computed in the cloud? why do we even need these huge updates to clients when its cloud based garbage gaming

1 Like

For those affected, have you tried clearing you console’s cache? If clean installs aren’t resolving the issue, usually it’s a cache problem.

If that still doesn’t work, you’ll want to reach out to Blizzard Support.

I have tried all of that. I also reset my console completely. It happens off and on. I’ll reach out to blizzard thanks.

1 Like

Same on Series S, since the last update.
i also try everything suggested in this topic.
Sometime the game launch correctly, sometime i press A a few times on the black screen and it work, sometime, i need to press home, return to xbox, close the game, and try again.

Same. Getting the black screen on game launch. It’ll stay that way until I hit the Xbox button.

During gameplay getting a lot of rubberbanding, lagging, and what I can only call ice skating around a bit as my character settles into place after something like an evade or town portal.

Ive had the same problem but you can still get on the grme by pressing A on your controller to skip straight to the login screen

3 Likes

Pressing A indeed works.

It seems the intro cinematic doesn’t load on my xbox series x.

3 Likes

thanks guys! Thats crazy been having the same issue hit A button couple times and it loads up!!! its been busting my head lol

Thanks for posting this! I had this happening most of last season. When the game hangs up on a black screen, pressing Xbox button once got the loading moving again.