Basic Skills and their viability - Why not allow Pestilent Points to work with All Basic Skills?

Just curious what anyone’s thoughts are.
I know this won’t solve everything(w/ Basics) but it’s a start and something I feel should’ve been done initially.
In my opinion, giving Pest Points Aspect to Puncture was a bit shortsighted especially considering Puncture was already the most used Basic skill.

I always felt that Pestilent Points should work with ALL Basic Skills - I mean…there’s 2 other pointy dagger skills and 2 pointy Arrow skills heh. Not like it doesn’t make sense as it was kind of arbitrary to assign the Aspect to Puncture to begin with.

Current: “Every 3rd Cast of Puncture is Poison Imbued with [100-150%] of normal Potency”

Proposal: “Every 3rd Cast of a Basic Skill is Poison Imbued with [100-150%] of normal Potency”

My wish list - Pestilent Points works for ALL Basic Skills and Vile Apothecary is added to replace Band of Trickery.

2 Likes

I agree with this. I never understood why they made this aspect only work with puncture.

2 Likes

Would it be too OP if players could somehow choose between poison / shadow / cold imbuement instead of just poison? Agree on changing it to work with any basic skill, seems like a no brainer.

I’ve thought through this idea before. In order for the ability to switch to different imbuements it would need to be tied to the actual imbuement skills themselves. Activating an imbuement would toggle it on thereby imbuing the basic skills as well as all other imbuable skills. Probably would need to remove the percent scaling of Potency leaving it at 100% with the aspect quality instead modifying the ‘curse’ portion of the equation as minus (25-50) Maximum Energy.

Juggling the imbues this way could make for interesting gameplay, although I’m not sure it’s something that I’d enjoy.

1 Like

The game needs to be enriched. Assigning just one basic skill doesn’t make any sense. Yes, it should be with the 3 imbutions, perhaps the one you put first in the numbering, for example 2 Shadow Imbuing and 4 Ice Imbuing. I would attack with any basic skill with simple shadows like that. This game needs to go through a remake to make it more fun or everyone will use aspects that give 30% damage.

1 Like