Barbs Need a "Kick as Core Skill" Aspect

This is something that I have desired in some way since Beta and Launch, though sadly it has not yet gotten any traction. Charge obv is good with Ancestral and Quake build feeds off of Kick and Stomp to keep the ball rolling, but a Kick as Core would be new and fun, particularly so when you can make it function without shouts.

Also, would be greatly appreciated if Steel Grasp, Kick, and Ground Stomp could get a weapon preference. Makes weapon swapping easier and gives better priority to All Brawling. I get it, you’re not using the weapon when you use your feet, but come on.

100% all Direct Damage Skills need Arsenal Weapons assignable.

Kick should be an AoE and function similar to GS. IMO - these can be combined and an actual Defensive Ability take place of GS.

Ground Stomp
Charges: 2
Charge Cooldown: [16] Seconds
Lucky Hit: 40%

Stomp the ground, dealing [50%] damage, Knocking Down and Stunning enemies for 4 seconds.

Requires any Complete Arsenal Weapon

Enhanced Ground Stomp
Enemies damaged by Ground Stomp are Vulnerable for 4 seconds.

Tactical Ground Stomp
Ground Stomp Generates 40 Fury and any enemy damaged by Ground Stomp reduces your Ultimate Cooldown by 2 seconds. Bosses reduce your Ultimate Cooldown by 6 seconds.

Power Stomp
Ground Stomp consumes all of your Fury and deals an additional 20% damage per 10 Fury spent. Enemies who die from this return 25 Fury. Ground Stomp no longer Stuns or Knocks enemies down

Aspect of Perpetual Stomping
Damaging an enemy with Ground Stomp resets Leap and Charge.

Veteran Brawler’s Aspect
This affects Charge, Leap, and Ground Stomp.

Brawler’s Aspect
This affects Charge, Leap, and Ground Stomp.

Aftershock Aspect
Increase the Area of Effect of Ground Stomp by [12%-25%]. Quake effects also have their Area of Effect increased.

Lucky Hit: [20%-40%] Chance to cause an Aftershock after using Ground Stomp which will trigger Ground Stomp again without consuming a Charge or Fury.

1 Like

Kick is a core skill,in the NFL. In theroy you could win just kicking :slight_smile:

1 Like

S4 is giving all Mastery Skills the Core tag. I know Kick isn’t a Mastery skill, but maybe there’s hope for it as well?

1 Like

We can certainly hope. Sorc Mastery getting that well-deserved, sweet treatment, not totally sure about the others though. TBD I suppose lol.

Unbridled Rage still exist. Kick can NOT have the “Core Skill” tag. If anything Iron Maelstrom should interact with Unbridled Rage.

I think that interaction with Unbridle Rage is precisely what is desirable about Kick. THe Flux of having greater than 150 Fury and lots of Fury Cost Reduction seems fun. Unbridled Rage is supposed to get a hit soon, so I cannot say it would be of too much concern.

Sorc Mastery skills cost mana, so they essentially function the same as core skills. Only core skills cost fury for Barbs, so having non-core skills benefit from UR wouldn’t make sense. For Brawling builds, Unconstrained is nearly as strong as UR, and there is also WA.

The part I can get behind is having the “feet” skills have a weapon assigned to them to count as weapon swaps.

1 Like