Barbarian weapon Slot Options for current system Proposal

I wonder would it be possible to consider letting barbs choose which 2H weapons they want, so what i mean is not use 2h Hammers at at and use a 2H Axe and 2H Sword combo, maybe this breaks stuff idk, i just think using ancients oath and crimson together would be cool, as a alternative to, Overkill and Hell hammer.

Haven’t considered the skill tree and aspects etc so , not sure the impact on systems etc.
NOT DUAL WIELDING 2H WEAPONS.
SYSTEM IS AS IS I swap 2H weapons.
2h Axe and 2h sword option. so the blunt 2H slot will also allow 2h Axe. but NOT-

2H - AXE -2H AXE OR 2H - SWORD -2H SWORD.

EDIT MAYBE THIS HELPS EXPLAIN- IT clearer.

2H BLUNT 1H 1H 2H SLASH is the current.

2H BLUNT OR 2H AXE 1H 1H 2H AXE/SWORD

Imagine that is the inventory layout window top line is as is now. Bottom is with one change on the 2HBLUNT SIDE. that is all.

Activated in the inventory window with middle click, for which 2H we want on Left Side.

Or just allow it idc how they program it. Only combo you cannot have is this

2H SWORD 1H 1H 2H SOWRD so you cannot Equip 2 crimsons for example and double dip the Bleed pools. And same for 2H AXE 2H AXE Combo, would have to be not allowed.

Nothing complicated about it.

Just a matter of further down the line does it break other systems which idk. It might.

Be pretty cool if it can be done though i think. NOT a QQ or request either just a idea. If it works. As i think a ancients oath and crimson arsenal would work well together. If not or there is other issues doing so, that is fine. No problem.

Thanks for Considering.

So instead of assigning certain skills with different weapons (which is what you can do now), you just want to assign certain weapons in general to use whenever? Am I following you correctly?

1 Like

I barb, I smart.
Anyone seen my wand?
Need to cast “Smash with Face”.
Forgot old way.
:hamster: :popcorn:

3 Likes

No. I am saying as is now we can Equip 2H Hammer two one handers in a combination of swords, axes and maces and one 2H Sword or Axe, Correct.

So what i am saying is nothing changes, just i can make the 2H Hammer slot A 2H Axe Slot instead as i see fit,

Allowing for me to Equip A Ancients oath Axe AND Crimson Sword , As a example.

Follow me?

XD

I also feel there is good synergy for crimson and oaths combo, even more so than oaths and HH or Overkill so this is what made me think of this.

1 Like

He wants to split up slashing 2H in either slot or Pummeling (blunt, forgot the word they used) 2H in either slot.

I think they split it up like that on purpose though.

1 Like

Yeah that is possible i have only looked at it from a Uniques combination point of view hence the example. Havent studied any possible breaks in the system for aspects, ST and such.

But yeah that was all, was i elect to make the 2H blunt slot a 2H Axe slot and the other remains 2h Sword,

How i do this is simple, the same way i elect which weapon uses the Skill on the SB. mechanic i mean. so a toggle button i can use for that slot only in the inventory window.

So far left 2H blunt can be toggled to 2H Axe for example. However if its coded and such a certain way it may not be as simple, so there is that. for sure.

Ah ok, the wording was a little confusing, makes sense now. So you just want to be a greedy Barb basically. Although if I remember correctly couldn’t you dual wield 2 Handed Swords only in D2 as a Barbarian? Couldn’t combine a 2 Handed Axe with a 2 Handed Sword in that game though, as much as people wanted to.

I feel you’re just trying to make Barbs even more broken than they already are right now. Even with the nerfs coming I feel if they added this change they’d have to nerf some weapons for you Barbs.

Now I want to dual wield 2 handed scythes on my necro, for no other reason then to just look cool.

D2 barb can dual wield 2 handed weapons but lose some dmg doing so.

1 Like

That is fine. It’s hard to paint the picture in words for me, as i am a visual thinker and trying to translate that across the best i can. No Worries.

I am not dual wielding a HH and Crimson right. Right.

Make sense yet?

Oath - - Crimson

HH- Crimson

Why is text so hard lol

If i drew a picture you would have got me straight away. lol FML.

1 Like

I have so many things to say about the barbarian arsenal system but I am going to stop myself from writing a wall of text.

Basically, this system is extremely poorly implemented and instead of feeling awesome to use different kind of weapons they are just reduced to stat sticks. Imagine having an uber unique like The Grandfather reduced to the role of “more damage stick”. It feels awful and boring.

I tried but its too long winded and convoluted i still have no clue what OP is saying

Really. I thought it was pretty clear, unless you do not understand the game.

2H BLUNT 1H 1H 2H SLASH is the current.

2H BLUNT OR 2H AXE 1H 1H 2H AXE/SWORD

Imagine that is the invortory layout window top line is as is now. Bottom is with one change on the 2HBLUNT SIDE. that is all.

Activated in the inventory window with middle click, for which 2H we want on Left Side.

Or just allow it idc how they program it. Only combo you cannot have is this

2H SWORD 1H 1H 2H SOWRD so you cannot Equip 2 crimsons for example and double dip the Bleed pools.
Same with 2HAXE 2HAXE, WOULD NOT BE allowed to be equipped.
Nothing complicated about it.

Just a matter of further down the line does it break other systems which idk. It might.

Not diving inot tags and systems this means a Swords and Axes builds is viable with no blunts at all, as Stat sticks. as is the current 1H doesnt have this problem and we can dual wield.

But it would not be hard to only allow S AND A 2H AND not dual wielding.

I cannot make it any clearer in text than that. lol.

That is cool, but you may mis read again. i am not talking about dual wielding.It sounds that way because that is how you equip items in the arsneal system.

I am not dual wielding a HH and Crimson right. Right.

Make sense yet?

Oath - - Crimson

HH- Crimson

Why is text so hard lol

If i drew a picture you would have got me straight away. lol FML.

I knew what you meant I’m just going from the practical standpoint is all. If you’re going to have the ability to trade weapon slots so to speak, might as well take full advantage and offer dual wielding abilities where you can use both at the same time. Go hog wild.

I know all you want is the benefit of having two 2-handed swords equipped, or axes, or whatever else. Like I said you’re a greedy Barb. I was just taking it one step further.

Thats cool, i wasn’t sure, but no i don’t want to have two 2 handed swords either lol

I want the Axe and sword pairing that is it, I mean at this point go wild i guess, since there is no balance anyway and know one cares about d4 anymore so why not.

Well I figure you if you were going to be able to wield a 2 handed axe and a 2 handed sword, you might as well just open up those slots entirely to all 2 handed weapons. Wouldn’t make any sense to just make it so you can wield a 2 handed axe and a 2 handed sword only, now we can get double 2 handed mace weapons, polearms, etc. Would be the only logical conclusion to your idea.

I think some one needs to apply to Blizzard and start climbing that corporate ladder to get their ideas in the game, that’s all I’m sayin.

1 Like

I don’t think it is greedy he just wants the option to equip the combination of any 2 of the 2H at once. And given the intrinsic attributes on swords and axes are different, or maces and hammers, I don’t see why they wouldn’t make it so you could equip any combination of the 2H’s, other than 2 of the same that might be too strong.

Also I think the best way to impact Blizzard design is to go work for LE or POE2. :hamster: :popcorn:

…or make a forum account.

2 Likes

I mean Pole arm yes, i forgot about poor polearm, But in this game minus looking cool, two HH or crimson has no function advantage, since they are tied to one skill, so maybe double stats lol, so that is why i was only looking at the combo’s of weapons.

Forgot about polearm, since the poor weapon has no unique yet :frowning:

Probably and there is no benefit to the Skill bar so yeah that would not be allowed. and rightly so. Stacking stats on two HH would be wild though hahaha

1 Like

They just wanted the 2 handed axe and 2 handed sword, didn’t even mention being able to equip any combination of 2 handers. Pure greed my friend! Selfishness! Not that I care, I say go hog wild. If you’re going to give Barbs the ability to wield 4 weapons at once along with the kitchen sink makes no sense to limit it to only specific weapons.

Oh I’m sorry you can’t wield a 2 handed axe in your 2 handed mace strap that attaches it to your body. Logically speaking what sense does that make? Not that there’s a strap, it just sort of floats behind your back, but still.

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.” While I will say PoE 2 looks interesting, I’m holding off on my judgement about the game until I get my hands on it. Doesn’t mean I’m not looking forward to playing it, but who knows I could hate the systems in the game.

1 Like

Right, its like oh sorry that is for blunt weapons only lol.

I guess i mean seems that way lol, i hope they dont push that too far though, personally. its already treading a fine line , i really dislike the codex change for some reason, shame, same with affix and ranks on gear, it also might overshadow named weapons even more and i think those are great and need to be stronger. Found a cool sword for rouge today and actually got excited when it dropped. amazing. its in the game, just not in “endgame” lol

Boggles my mind why there is not leg versions of these tbh, its like a half idea or soemthing.Perhaps a bug also with the smith system on these items. Who knows.

1 Like

They also need to replace Rend with “Smash with Face”…while we are making changes. :hamster: :popcorn:

2 Likes