Barbarian gameplay and aesthetic philosophy [projectiles]

I kindly ask that the devs stop placing projectiles in each of the barbarian skills.

I play barbarian because I like being a melee warrior, but when you put projectiles in each of barbarian skills I feel like I’m playing a space shooter from 1990, each swing releases countless blasts of energy forward… that’s not right for a barbarian.

Double swing and Whirlwind casts more tornados than druids.
Just watched PTR and a barbarian was spamming a massive flame wave, i think it came from deathblow.

Please stop with projectiles and energy waves in a melee class, this is for mages.

3 Likes

Just a thought I’ll leave here, because it makes as much sense as your OP.

Man, this forum really has a problem with formulating cogent counter-arguments. OP has specifically outlined an aesthetic ideal that he would prefer. You can disagree with that aesthetic, claim his preference actually doesn’t improve the game, or you might even try to debunk a few of his claims. But, if you are going to counter their argument, come up with something more coherent than the Chewbacca defense.

4 Likes

Yeah… someone doesn’t understand how forums work and didn’t follow the link.

But hey - that’s okay! Here’s the real response for the dullards out there: if you dislike a skill, DON’T USE IT. Shocker, I know!

I used to think like that when it was 1 skill, time passed that 1 skill became 2 skills, then 3 skills, I made the post so that this doesn’t happen with all barbarian skills.

Just stop with the energy projectiles… please blizzard, barbarians are not meant to spam energy projectiles…

Again - don’t use them. All of your examples require either Uniques, Legendary Affixes, or Tempers.

Why force others into your ideal of a playstyle? Play your game the way you like. Let others play what they enjoy.

Or… go be a game designer yourself. Blizzard is hiring! Good luck!

You may think this is a good argument, but its not.
You can use the same argument about panda,bear,furry skins etc.

So let’s look at your argument then.

This is what you are saying: “I want build diversity, but only the builds I think are appropriate!

Yup - sounds reasobable. …oh wait.
:laughing:

Others might find flinging Whirlwinds around when they gasp use Whirlwind to be fun any enjoyable. If you dislike it, don’t take that Aspect.

As I stated, if you wish to be a Blizzard dev, apply! I believe in you! Be the change you want!

I’ve already explained why your argument is not good.

I didn’t said anything remotely close to this, you are simply forging false narratives, better known as “strawman fallacy”

No you didn’t. You just stated “it’s not good”.

In your opinion you dislike skills that are ranged. But guess what? You aren’t the only person playing this game, nor are you a Blizzard game developer.

The only thing you can do is control your character - so do that. Don’t use the skills you dislike.

I think what he asked for is fair.

However, not being flashy will push away many players, because you have very little feedback from your skills. In a crowd of mob you don’t even know if you did something without those flashy moves.

I do agree barb has a little too much projectiles but I think those flashy waves and effects are absolutely needed. The class would be boring af without them.

1 Like

Hammer of the ancients effects are ok.
Orange anime tornados are not ok.

What if those projectiles flash effects were changed into metalic bloodier slashs??? it would be A LOT more interesting ins’t?

Barbarians thematic should be changed from orange/fire things into metalic bloodier things, blizz should embrace “blood/gore/metalic” thematic into barbs instead of orang things

Afaik the dust devils are not supposed to spawn that often. People are force spawning them by spamming ww.

Anyways, I think tornados are ok, kinda fitting actually for ww. It’s a little odd from anything else however… Why the hell are dust devils coming out when I’m shouting? When I’m dual swinging? Wtf?

Dual swing could have some blood waves slashing in front and shout could have some sort of shockwave visual coming out to make it look more impactful.

There are a lot of things that could have been better unfortunately, not just for barb but for everyone.

1 Like

Exactly, i swear i’m feeling like im playing some spaceship shooter 90s, metal slug i don’t know… my barb is just shooting more projectiles than a ROGUE… THIS IS NOT SUPOSED TO BE OK, im not crazy am i?

This could be the first anti PEW PEW thread I have ever seen. Have to give +1 for this level of trolliness. This is how u troll.

Barb shouldn’t be shooting out those whatever they are. I mean the spinning around cartoon style is already more than annoying enough.

1 Like

And again - why are you using Dust Devils if you dislike them?

It isn’t the only Barbarian build. But it seems to be the one you pick and complain the most about.

Well, thanks for the advertisement.