Barbarian - Bugs with Power Charge CD and Ancestral charge not working correctly

2 main bugs I’ve been seeing with Barbarian while doing the gauntlet. The gauntlet really highlights these bugs because it slows you down and is frustrating at times.

BUG 1 - Ancestral Charge - This will randomly not work. You’ll hit charge and no ancestrals will charge with you, so your charge ends up just being the base charge.

BUG 2 - POWER CHARGE - Power charge CD is not consistent. There are times where I will charge a big pack and yet my CD on charge ends up being something like 9 seconds. It’s not always easy to spot exactly how much time it takes for charge to CD sometimes because you are in the middle of running the gauntlet but there are times where I wont be able to use my charge for a while. And that shouldn’t be happening unless I charge a single mob.

It’s as if the game doesn’t register that you are charging multiple enemies and applying that CD properly.

Both these issues make running the gauntlet (for my skill level) frustrating since every second counts in the Gauntlet.

1 Like

I’ve definitely seen the first one. Although sometimes I don’t see the ancients but I do see mobs getting knocked back as if they were there. But that could just be my imagination.

The cool down one I’ve been trying to keep eye on today after seeing reports of it. I’ll have times where I can chain charge together 10 times in a row and then it’s gone. So far I can’t tell if it’s just that artillery shrine is killing them before charge is connecting or it’s just not properly resetting.

Although something else I’m seeing is bold cheiften aspect doesn’t seem to always reduce the cool down on the shout either.

Confirming both from my experience

Yep. The ancestral charge dropping out happens alot to me, and then consequently, I have the long CD problem too.

I have noiced I can fix this by unequipping and then requipping the weapon with the ancestral charge aspect…your mileage may vary.

Charge and CD reduction not working has been happening to me since patch release on Tues. Test it every day. Still an issue. Not as bad in open world, but as soon as you get into a dungeon, everything bugs out. Makes gauntlet impossible to run with a decent score.

Hmm so it seems most people seeing this issue more frequently have it on their weapons. I actually have ancestral charge on my gloves which could be why I’m seeing it less. Could be an issue of aspects turning off on weapon swap? Anyone tried changing it to gloves to see if it reduces the occurrence?

Be happy Charge was not nerfed yet.
Barbarians does way too much damage.
Instead of a nerf, blizzard buff some skills.

Yeah and its really not fair, I know I could almost double my current score, but loose my most powerful aspects when I go there, to late in the game for a new build so this whole game is starting to feel like a scam if this is not fixed within a fee days I’m deleting this game forever.

Not to mention from what I’ve been told you can’t unequip/re-equip the item during the gauntlet as a temp fix so you’re just screwed for the whole run. This issue has been going on for basically a week. PLENTY of posts about it here, reddit, twitter. Blizzard refuses to even do as much as say “Hey guys, we’re aware of this major bug and are working on a fix”. Sometimes I truly hate this company and this is one of those times.

Dude I keep farting and it smells so bad, someone help me