I am having trouble getting a solid abyss build that can farm T12 comfortably. I started with DC and have been using it and added BS in the mix. I am using the eyes demon. I tried rampage and did like it much. I tried using the swarm instead of DF, but it was pretty bad. I tried the eyes unique ring, I found it worse than using a leg ring.
No matter how I mix it up, I am getting much better results with hellfire occultist . I can clear pit 100 in under 5 minutes and cleared pit 110, but it is not smooth or good.
I made a build I call “AGD” or “Abyssal Greater Demon” where I use ALL Abyss Greater Demons and the Chains of Horazon set to buff their damage per greater demon you have out. The one I found that works the best is using the Lurid Pact ring to buff Rampage as your main nuke for trash by spamming recast which kills everything on your screen every 1 second or so. For bossing, you set up Profane Sentinel on it and summon every greater demon to nuke down the boss.
So your bars look something like Laalish, Rampage, Swarm (no variant), Profane Sentinel, Blazing Skull, and Nether Step.
You also wear the Ae’grom’s chest to get permanent twin Ae’groms despite having chosen Laalish, because of the Chains of Horazon set.
So you maximize Ae’grom’s “30%[x] for each summoned Greater Demon” and keeping Laalish on CD provides you with Abodian, Valloch as cosmetic demons which buff you further, as well as activating your 200%[x] 5-set bonus.
So on a boss, your rotation goes something like, Profane Sentinel just before they spawn, Laalish, Rampage, Swarm, then throw out your Blazing skull at them and have it sit under the boss, while you spam Rampage.
You can also use the Profane Sentinel Ring for bossing, since that’s what mostly kills them. But even without the ring, my Sentinel is doing at least 1 trillion damage after a few hits.
Ya, I switched to the chains set and what a difference. I can occasionally hit trillions with the one beam, but not beyond that. Out of curiosity which aspects do you use? I have been using the 2 aspects that buff summons and crush.
I got tired of having the zoo from Chains of Horazon set, so I switched to the Shadow set and modified the build slightly to make it more straightforward. Currently using Brutal on the neck, Hellbent on gloves, and Accelerating on ring. Weapon is Grandfather, other ring is Lurid Pact (of course) and Unique Charm is Night Terror.
Eventually the goal is to find a good Night Terror and wear it, drop Grandfather for a Brutal Aspect 2-hander, and put a Seed of Horazon charm in the talisman. So far, however, finding a good Night Terror is proving impossible, so I will likely finish the season with Brutal on 2-hander, Accelerating on Amulet, and Insidious on ring. (Gloves stay Hellbent Commander).
I have been running Abyss and only pure Abyss since day 1, now para 273. I was all rampage all the time campaign and mid game, and now I am dread claws.
Glyphs are 114-115. I now have serious issues completing pit 115 and 120. I have done so several times, but its painful/timely/sometimes give up. I have just been reading that a good chunk of my build is bugged or broken in some way and still not fixed, and that feels really bad. I had suspicions about netherstep which is an essential component. Netherstep, Rampage, Swarm, Lurid Pact; these are all things I use and all bugged. I also use dark prison (from day 1, can’t give it up, but I know i need to) and I strongly suspect it doesn’t work as intended. My gear feels really good, I have been grinding, but I now basically have to respec or make a giant shift in my build instead of a subtle tweak to push through.
Know these things; amazing and fun class but lots of bugs and issues.
What do you think or are reading that’s bugged? I’ll share my Dread Claws build once I complete it and know it all works but so far it’s very strong. I can clear PIT 119 in 3-4 minutes. That’s with very good gear and mythic seal though.
I know that seed of horazon / shadowform stacks are bugged. I run 5 set horazon charms with the best 6 slot seal I have. I have the option of amulet or (6th and final slot) unique charm for +% to damage per shadowform stack or +% dmg based on how much wrath I have. Night terror or Seed on amulet vs. unique charm.
When I have 15 stacks of shadowform and the unique amulet on which gives me +9% damage per stack, double that while stealthed, I do way way less damage than when I flip the amulet and charm. Mathematically it should be the opposite with all things equal, its easy math with wrath multiplier difference and shadowform stack differences.
It is my opinion that it is capping the shadowform stacks it gives you the benefit for by mistake, and I believe the cap number is 6. I think I am leaving a massive pile of damage on the table, and I shoudn’t be. Losing an expected 9 stacks x 9% damage multiplier is gross.
I have ran dark prison essentially all game as early it was awesome and mid-game the fortify = 20% DR affix has been great, it works SO SYNERGYSTICALLY with the barrier rune combo. However now, enemies that are NOT unstoppable walk right through it on occaision, this happens on hordes, pit, and helltides all the time. The animation is slow enough that if I drop it in a pile, the fast enemies get through before the pillar comes up.
Rampage effect on Lurid Pact is 100% broken, the second effect simply does not work, and for me that leaves a lot of damage out there.
The laalish / rampage CD stick has gotten me multiple times.
There is a suspected/reported Litany of Sable issue that drops its benefit until you re-equip it, this is concerning but I have never observed or proven this to have affected me, if so I am blind to it. It seems like, not being dramatic, more than half the “nice things” my build needs don’t work.
I don’t think that’s it. The issue is the stealth mechanic. Night Terror only grants the double damage while in stealth. This is usually while Metamorphosis is active.
Night Terror in the Amulet slot with 15 stacks:
Stealth = 270%x
No Stealth = 135%x
Any skill cast that’s not an abyss skill will take you out of stealth even when metamorphosis is active. This includes any rune that invokes a skill. Prid rune when dark prison is the hellfire version breaks stealth. Que rune breaks stealth every time you gain a barrier. Anything that’s not abyss immediately breaks stealth and the amulet drops down to only 135%.
This is why you see more damage using the other Amulet.
Hey thanks for the replies, appreciate the feedback. I am aware of stealth for sure and the double dmg. I can see when I do and don’t have stealth, and I am only considering the base multiplier in my damage considerations. Something still seems off or dysfunctional, and when considering stealth it should be significant. In any case I need to ditch dark prison for something better so I think my build may try to stay claws but shift. But I still remain a bit annoyed I don’t know for sure what exactly is working or not, not sure how to test the rampage ability on Lurid Pact.
Yeah same here. No idea on the Rampage thing but I will do some more amulet testing. Last season I was full Horazon both amulet and set. The damage was very consistent.
This season I’m running Night Terror and the Harash’s shadow set and there’s definitely something going on but I haven’t been able to figure out exactly what.
UPDATE
I tested tonight after changing from a normal unique Night Terror to a mythic Night Terror. Everything showed that this should be a massive upgrade. After equipping and going into the training room, my damage actually went down.
However, after a relog, my damage skyrocketed and the Amulet was working as expected for the rest of my play session.
It appears that swapping gear causes the bug and you must relog to fix it. Not sure if it’s any gear swap or just when you take off or equip night terror. Not a huge issue as long as it doesn’t randomly bug while playing but so far it’s just on the initial equip that it doesn’t work right.
This explains why when you equipped it and swapped the charm you saw your damage go down. However, if you relog it should go up.
OMG thank you, I KNEW BEYOND DOUBT it was wrong, but couldn’t “prove it”. I noticed that the amulet and charm won’t let me equip them both at same time but I thought that was normal to prevent ability redundancy. I thought it was perma-broken, but will now try it as you have said and update if I notice the same, thanks again, appreciate the effort.
there are an awful lot of snapshotting bugs related to the dynamic (or bugged lack of it) updating of item, paragon, skill checks, that freeze out and cause inconsistent issues.
generally, the game is supposed to check all character numbers every zone change, but there are many times where a gear swap or build change or fast travel fails to do so.
Sometimes logging out fixes it….usually it does….but sometimes you will need to unequip all items, then relog, then reequip, before you reset your numbers.