Angiris Council

I’m still waiting for the Angiris Council to be made whole once more. Every time a demon is hurt or dies Blizzard falls all over themselves to replace it as fast as possible…but what about Malthael and Tyrael?

Malthael died and Tyrael fell and lost his wings and isn’t whole. Why hasn’t the Crystal Arch rebirthed Malthael? After all, the same rule applies to the Heavens as to the Hells- if a Prime Evil or Archangel falls, they will be reborn again. Their deaths are not permanent. We’ve seen the devils come back over and over and over again. I think it’s Malthael’s turn! (As the Archangel of Wisdom, before the Worldstone).

I also think it’s Tyrael’s turn to be remade back into an angel and GET HIS WINGS BACK! Come on BLIZZ, we are tired of the same old story with the demons.

YOU OWE THE ANGELS A DEBT THAT NEEDS TO BE REPAID, NOW!

4 Likes

not exactly correct. If a demon dies, its the exact same entity that reforms in time.

If an angel dies however, its essence returns to the Crystal Arc to form a new Angel.

well, from what it looked like in d3, tyrael had the choice to regain his wings, but chose not to.

I agree tho that id like some more angels to appear again at one point. We cant really tell whats going on as Heaven is pretty much closed since d3, which is understandable after the big losses they suffered in d3.

2 Likes

Well, yes. But everything that Made Malthael the Archangel of Wisdom and his ability to gain wisdom could and should be reformed into a new Archnagel of Wisdom. His essence would reform. He may not have his exact memories, but it would be almost like an amnesia patient. A clean slate. All the capacity, and “hardware” would be present. The ability and power, but this angel would be able to plot his own path and be a new Archangel. The heavens deserve as much.

Yes, Tyrael chose to remain “at that time”. But it’s been a long time since then. It’s time for him to be made whole. I find it more than puzzling that Tyrael has taken such a great interest in man and defended them all these years only to be MIA when the biggest threat since Diablo walked the land. It really makes no sense. His absence needs to be explained.

2 Likes

pretty sure thats going to happen at one point. i wouldnt worry too much about it. we can just speculate for now sadly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The angels are my favorite thing about Diablo. If they are going to make a story without them, it really isn’t worth it to me so they had better get cracking!

2 Likes

i do have a feeling there will be some news on them during VoH. They probably just have been licking their wounds.

Lets not forget, they dont really care all that much about humanity, except for Tyrael of course.

Why would be the council in such a rush to fill ranks, the primes are(were) defeated and the purpose of the council is to plan to counter the primes eternal conflict.
If anything, maybe once mephisto plays his hand in the next arc we are are going to hear from them again.
Malthael forgo his wisdom seat at the council and tyrael took it, we probably are going to get introduced to a new angel on the justice seat. Mostly because without that seat filled up the council doesnt have the numbers to break a stalemate vote.

Incorrect if an angel dies the crystal arch will at some point create a new angel with part of the essence of the fallen one. The fallen angel does not come back as in a resurrection. The amount of angels the Lightsong can give birth to is finite—it is a case of them embodying a set amount of Anu’s power. If an angel is killed, a replacement angel will be created by the Arch, but such an angel is still a different individual from the one (s) he is replacing.

Incorrect the angels wanted to exterminate humanity the only one who prevented it was Tyrael. Malthael would also try and wipe out all of humanity and Imperius hated us. We have already saved the Angiris Councel and the high heaves by defending them from Diablos attack. If anything the high heavens are now indebted to us.

2 Likes

I think we’ll finally see Tyrael make a comeback in his winged glory in VoH, Blizzard just teased an image of Tyrael with wings on Twitter.

D3 is trash and not cannon. The expansion will tell us cain is still alive and no more strong women leaders.

Good day.

Is this what you are referring to? If so that is a very old image.
Diablo on X: “Who is this? Wrong answers only :smiling_imp: https://t.co/lByN8XnRNa” / X

1 Like

They gave/sold all the wings to players instead. Now we’re forced to watch players run around with these damned things :slight_smile:

Well, the post says wrong answers only, since everyone assumes that is tyrael when its the justice of the council, so we can expect the reveal of a new angel on justice seat at the council.

hmmm who knows. i mean tyrael still posseses some of his powers even without the wings. we cant really tell if there is going to form a new aspect of justice, when tyrael didnt die at all. (except he died off screen due to age of course, but id doubt that with a 99.99% chance)

When he died of old age? There is only been like 20-25 years since the reaping, and in the d3 cinematics he was as big as an astartes with no armor compared to humans. Am basing my recollection on his interactions with leah on d3. Yea its clear he kept a lot of his power since he halo dived from heaven to sanctuary with no parachute and only got a mild concussion. :stuck_out_tongue:
And malthael didnt kill him with his souls reaping scythes or dunno what they were called.

Diablo IV takes place fifty years after the events of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.

That is because Malthael only wanted to kill demons and their offspring (demonic bloodline).

No wonder lorath was pissed and bitter all the time, guy was pushing 70, i thought he was 50 with a long life on the road.

The image is old, but the post is from only a couple of days ago. They probably used an old image so that there would be no doubt about who that is.

I dont think that applies to every angel or how death works for them, on D3 you get a bit when you ask tyrael what happened to him after arreat and he said his essence was dispersed and it took him pretty much all the gap years from d2 to d3 to restore himself, decades.
So being at ground zero of that huge explosion didnt killed him, how inarius got killed… maybe because lillith used his own weapon on him.

That is why a new angel was never created he never died. The same with Tyrael’s lieutenant Izual he never died he surrendered to demonic corruption, so a new angel was never created by the Crystal arch.