Angelbeath. Fix this late game bottleneck

Angelbreath is a late game problem with the constant reworking of end game gear to min max to keep pushing 120+ pit. Especially when entire gear load outs and builds change based on a great drop. Not to mention all the potion crafting recipes.

Frustrating sitting at 10k+ with every other mat and … two angelbreath. But here we are another week in after this same topic keeps coming up.

3 Likes

In eternal realm, you could “salvage” the legacy potions for angelbreath.

I would like to be able to do this for any potion in general, just like how you can salvage equipment for other mats. Maybe at a 1:4 ratio of potions to angelbreath.

This shouldn’t affect farming/play time/player retention/shareholder stonk time much, if at all, as you need to play pretty much any content for potions to drop.

Especially a PITA when you buy all your gear online and didn’t actually want to play the game.

1 Like

I somehow never hit this (currently over 7000 angels breath), but I guess I only fully geared and pushed with two characters, but farmed mostly hell tide to get 5 to 100

Yah, and the Season theme of logging out during the HT timer count down was really fun until they nerfed it like the other theme of Holy Bolts.

Being able to pin the helltide meter to max was the most fun I’ve had in D4. They need to find a way to bring this back, the ability to pin it was broken, but a way to keep it maxed longer would be great.

If you could trade keeping it maxed longer at the cost of baneful hearts, that might have something to it. You trade summoning the boss, for more hordes of monsters.

1 Like

And the thing that I don’t understand about the D4 Dev team is:
Why not make the game more fun to increase the player interest in the game?

1 Like

I’ve seen this point made many times and I don’t get it. Just from building up two characters in Helltides I have over 1000 Angelbreath. I don’t know what it’s used for but I have plenty and probably wouldn’t miss it if I gave some away.

I think a lot of people prematurely re-roll their gear and craft essence, which are the primary sinks for Angel’s Breath

1 Like

I’ve leveled three 100s this season and all have made it to pit 115 or above. The endgame is minmaxing gear. The angelbreaths go quick at 6 per reroll when you could very well be spending 100s of millions of gold chasing a stat. Not to mention crafting elixirs and incenses to hedge yourself even more in those high pits. The mat cost for those are ridiculous. Antivenin is 15, the incenses are 7-10 and you can equip multiples.

1 Like

It can be a mix of things like:

1. Rolling early
  2. Trade simulation
  3. RMT
  4. Only doing pits and nothing else

There are ways to consume mats. I myself have never run out of mats with the exception of iron chunks in S3. Game is just designed to tie more then 1 thing as part of the end game which is good imo.