Andariel's Visage is MINE!

Finally got this helm to drop. After an hour of testing the helm seems lackluster. There’s two to three seconds where I can’t get healing from the helm. At least my AFK thorn build works in helltide. Been able to survive 30 minutes without dying.

From Duriel or open world?

I read somewhere that the healing is based on the monster’s remaining life. Wack.

Kinda sort of. I finally ran into Butcher in Vault T95. Couldn’t stand toe to toe with him using Frezny. Monster barrier doesn’t count as life. After five minutes of hit and run, I just stop gaining health. Even when Butcher doesn’t have barrier.
There seems to be conditions to deactivate the life steal. Gonna go find some white weapons to test this out.

Healing is based on the damage dealt (up to the enemy current health). The fine print is missing on the item. 3% of 100,000 is 3,000. 3% of 1,000,000 is 30,000. If you get the full 30k life returned, that is enough to fully heal most. I haven’t seen an enemy HP chart however form lvl 100+.

That is not what I read, and not what testing has shown.

Is it 3% of Base Damage of only the enemy health and damage dealt? That would make sense why it is so low. So it isn’t 3% of the 100,000k Health but rather 3% of the Base Damage portion off of 100,000k health (a hell of a lot less).

That’s not completely true. I’m using Temerity to check the over heals at test dummy. I’m getting higher values when I overpower. Bleed ticks also gives barrier. There seems to be a cap to how much healing it can drain.

It’s 3% of the monster’s remaining life.

So if a hit would kill an enemy with 100% HP at 100,000K HP, would it not be 3% of 100,000 or 3,000 HP? This would put an enemy with 1,000,000 HP at 30,000 HP. The numbers reported are much lower than this so there has to be other restrictions in place preventing the mechanic from even working like this. I assume it works like this but only calculates the Base Damage on that particular portion of enemy Health.

The way I understood the most recent calcs is that damage dealt isn’t factored in at all.

Could be wrong. Either way, it’s nowhere near as high as it should be.

Must be like Lucky Hit where you really do not have the stated chance of Lucky Hit but a penalty. It is hard to tell just how broken things are in D4 because there is absolutely zero in the way of communication with the actual community. Not a “we are looking into this” even. Rupture, Gushing Wounds, Andariel’s and who knows what all else. There are running lists all over the place. Meanwhile we get patch notes stating stuff is fixed and it isn’t. Remember when Earthstriker patch notes stated it would not proc off Basic Attacks? Oops. Backsies.

I’m going to do more testing on Nightmare dungeon bosses with high HP. Sometimes I get a huge chunk of health back. Then a small amount right after. It’s just so inconsistant.

There’s way too many variables in a situation like that. Dots will negatively affect how much you heal. Don’t forget willpower increases healing received, so it’s hard to gauge the baseline.

Boss dummy is the way to go, with frame by frame monitoring.

I think our best bet would be to have everyone spam the question on a campfire chat, but then we’d just end up knowing (for sure) that the devs don’t know either.

1 Like

I thought it was 3 percent of your max HP… It’s why the faster hitting builds work better with it…

I wish that was the case. Until you gain 10,000 health from a single hit of Hammer of the Ancient. Or gain 10 HP with each bleed tick.

I seriously don’t think it works that way… I’ve never smashed for 300 mil and had my health go to full… It just barely moves, as if it’s 3 percent of my max health

Mind you, there is a cap on how much health can be stolen. Like other’s had posted, it seem to be tied to current heal. I still think that +3% Life Steal affix is misleading. My biggest gripe is life steal stop working after awhile. I still can’t figure out what triggers it or how to reset it. The only explaination I can come up with is 1) stop after gaining certain amount of health. 2) Stop after certain amount of skill use. Though my AFK thorn build still gain health somehow.

The testers say it’s a percentage of the monster’s remaining life. It makes sense for it to appear to stop if this is the case.

Not really, if you hit a new fresh monster, you won’t gain health either. Or fighting something like Butcher or Son of Malphes with a higher HP pool.