Am I just bad at this game? Andariel Rogue struggling with T7 and high Pits

I follow the build guides of maxroll.gg for what it’s worth. I was playing Heartseeker with Tyrael’s, all gear upgraded to 8/12, but was unable to get more than halfway through a T7, and unable to kill the boss on anything higher than Pit 105.

I had an Andy’s drop so I spent some time switching everything over to poison barrage and have done a few T6 runs learning the build. While I do feel stronger than I did with Heartseeker, I’m still not able to consistently beat T7, and Pit Bosses higher than about 108 or so usually end up killing me during the 2+ minutes it can take to whittle them down.

I see youtube videos of people soloing T8 and Pit 130+ easily with this build, so I’m wondering if my issue is skill, gear, or both? My gear is pretty good. All items and rolls as recommended in build guides. A handful of greater affixes. Upgraded to 8/12 but NOT re-masterworked for perfect rolls. My resists are overcapped thanks to Tyrael’s but my armor is still 3000 away from the cap. Life is at 35k.

Should I keep farming Neathiron from Pits until I can get everything to 12/12, or am I better off farming a few thousand more ingolith from T6 Hordes and re-masterworking for optimal rolls? The amount of RNG on gear is crazy - I’ve bricked so many rings this season with tempering. Would capping my armor make a significant difference in not getting one-shot as often? How are people getting poison ticks doing billions of damage when mine only do millions?

Do you have umbracrux?

Copying people’s build won’t matter. You have to copy their stats as well. Just to be able to do the same exact damage they do.

Yo… you have Tyraels, and why isn’t your Armor capped? All your resistances are taken care of. So slot in 3 skulls in jewelry, and you just need 1 armor roll on either pants or boots and you’re set. GA armor roll would be ideal. but normal armor roll with a few masterwork should be sufficient to reach armor cap.

Other than Andariels, the next most important gear is Fists of fate with a very high lucky hit chance - ideally GA LHC. The other stats aren’t as important, and crit rate and the passive bonus are irrelevant.

I’m farming T8s with just 25K Hp. With andariels, you’ll have lots of sustain as long as you’re hitting enemies.

Amulet - next most important piece - but very hard to get one with 3 good passives, or 2 passives with Dex%. This will also lead to a high degree of variance between players.

1 Like

Lucky Hit Chance is Andariel Rogue’s most important stat. Hard to diagnose without knowing what your LHC is raw (before any bonuses). In combat, this will go up based on certain passives, such as Alchemical Advantage (ranks to this will matter and it is why it is the most important roll to have on the Amulet). Fists of Fate is the main source of LHC and it is priority #1 to get a greater affix roll on its LHC. None of its other stats are as important. Its legendary power is completely irrelevant as it does not affect Andariel’s Poison Novas, which deal all the build’s damage.

Attack Speed is next. Andariel has two common breakpoints it tries to hit. The common 12 FPA Barrage is easier to get and I believe it occurs once you have 157% combined Attack Speed from AS Cap 1 and Cap 2. 11 FPA is harder to hit and it requires 182.5% combined AS.

Attack Speed Cap 1 is easily maxed to 100% through the following in the build:

1. Paragon Board
  2. Equipment (Andariel’s Visage and Ring of Starless Skies has Attack Speed)
  3. Elixir of Advantage
  4. Part 1 of Close Combat Quarters Key Passive provides 15%

Attack Speed Cap 2 is harder to increase and is affected by the following in the build:

1. Alchemical Advantage provides 5% per rank
  2. High Velocity Aspect provides 25% or 37.5% (if on Amulet); just dont put this on Bow
  3. Part 2 of Close Combat Quarters key passive provides 15%

Fortunately, the Elixir of Advantage provides both LHC and AS so this should be your potion of choice.

Energy issues is remedied by Innervation passive and Ring of Starless Skies. Umbracrux unique provides ranks to Innervation to make it even easier to keep up energy. Important thing to note that if enemies are not being hit, Innervation isn’t being proc’d.

If the issue is survivability, then what needs to be addressed is your 3k missing Armor. Slot Skulls in all three jewelry slots and obtain one roll of Armor in pants. Greater Affix or masterwork crits are not required, but it will make it easier to cap Armor since you cant 12/12 MW yet. Umbrous Aspect is absolutely required as well to proc Dark Shroud, which provides the bulk of your Damage Reduction along with Tyrael’s Might. Second Wind passive should be up at all times as this provides your barrier.

Tips in combat:

• Poison Imbuement should be up all the time. You want all your shots to be poison imbued. This is done through resetting the skill’s cooldown through Preparation and using your ultimate Death Trap/Shadow Clone, resetting the skill’s cooldown through Mixed Poison Imbuement, and using the Aspect of Bursting Venoms to get infinite casts for a period of time. Tempering +X casts to Poison Imbuement in your ring helps with this as well
  • Never let Close Quarters Combat fall off by using Shadow Step every now and then.
  • Survivability is primarily through Second Wind’s barrier and Umbrous Aspect which should be automatic as they’re tied to casting Barrage and you’re always casting Barrage. Andariel’s Visage has Life Per Hit, so casting Barrage also means you’re always healing. The only reason you would die is if you’re getting 1 shot (caused by not having capped Armor).
  • Your damage multipliers run primarily through crowd controls, which in turn comes from your tempers and Fists of Fate, which in turn proc through Barrage.

Ultimately, the build is designed to cause a positive feedback loop with itself because Barrage outputs both all your offense AND all your defense. But you need the stats set up first.

1 Like