Allow Mage’s Blizzard to Interact with Blizzard Enchantment!

Not a new subject, but certainly one that needs to be brought up again. 6 seconds of Blizzard following you about is not enough to craft a build around whatsoever with Blizzard as an Enchantment. It’s not enough duration to synergize with Aspect of the Elements, Snowguard’s Aspect for damage mitigation, works okay with the Elementalist Glyph, and should be further amped by the Enchantment Master board.

With all such changes, the enchantment would be pretty good. Should amount to 12 seconds of total Blizzard uptime, 100% upkeep of Snowguard, another worthwhile source of Chill, and can fruitfully maintain and utilize the damage buffs from Aspect of the Elements and Elementalist Glyph. Would be nice to have this be changed seeing as to how Tempering Manuals that increase Blizzard Size are looking tantalizing along with Sorc Mastery Skills getting crossover with Core Skill labels. A lot of potential here to make another viable enchantment for those who wish to see it flourish.

3 Likes

Agreed. The mages blizzard morph used to specify, when cast at over 50 mag, then +4 sec. At the time, not allowing this morph to affect the enchant was understandable. Upon the removal of the prerequisite to be over 50 mag, this morph should have been expanded upon to include the enchant.

Nomenclature and consistancy are important.

1 Like

Since Blizzard is only useful with Ice Spikes, we already know that the glyph that increases the blizzard’s size in the paragon board is rather useless since it just spreads out the ice spikes instead of keeping them condensed…
Is this temper affix just the same thing? Unless it increases the amount of ice spikes, it doesn’t really matter how large the blizzard is.
If anyone tested it in the PTR, it would be helpful information.
Also, increases to Core or mastery skills or however blizzard is labeled, is also pointless. We only put one skill point into blizzard anyways. The damage comes from the ice spikes, not the blizzard skill. Blizzard could be rank 20 and you wouldn’t notice much of a difference compared to rank 1.

1 Like

Ive always wondered about this statement. Ive seen it on a few websites. What is the source of truth for this info? It cant be visually validated as ive taken the aspect that increases the spread on and off against the test dummy, and i dont see any difference. Maybe my graphics setting is too low. And even if it can be visualized, the ice spikes explode right? So there is splash going on as opposed to single target. So im wondering if the spread vs condensed argument has a lot of merit.

On a slightly different note, i use the blizzard enchantment when i go against thorns in pvp. It slows the barb down and also procs the elementalist glyph. When i go against high level thorns, i usually use blizzard (sans glacial) + firewall: Blizzard casting will slow them down and allow them tocook longer in my field of flames. When i dont have enough time to cast blizzard, the blizzard enchantment will keep a the elementalist glyph going. Sometimes that extra 5% damage makes a big difference in the tanky builds

I am thinking of these changes more in line with a crossover between Ball Lightning (spender ofc) and Blizzard acting as an aura to benefit from otherwise untapped & crossover multipliers, damage reduction, and lucky hit procs. Frostbolt Enchantment just like Blizzard Enchantment is flawed, but I figure Blizzard would be much more worthwhile if it was touched up first.

Would it be super optimized? Idk, it’s just a theorycraft that falls on the premise of Blizzard having its duration extended by four seconds to expand build diversity and Enchantment usage. Also, I’m not impressed by the Conjuration gimmick lol.

it would be nice to have a new enchantment option with a blizzard aura so to speak.

and while they fix it, can they please do the same with incinerate enchantment, thats basicly the same, it needs love too, give it 2 serpents and a 100% uptime with enchant mastery.

i mean they sure have some metrics that those 2 almost never get picked.

2 Likes

I have never even seen the Incinerate Enchantment lol, so I’ll have to check that out in the morning since it has never crossed my mind to use it once. Anything to make it a worthwhile option would be good.

@DarthTalon To make Blizzard Enchant PvP viable ultimately is what I want. Sorcs have some pretty good defensives between Mage-Lord, Everliving, and Snowveiled but would love to add Snowguard into the repertoire.

you play pvp and never used incinerate enchant?, this was a big thing in s1 and s2. It has a pretty good lh chance and no icd like the normal incinerate. It procced xfal like crazy. sometimes a couple times in a row. If u were lucky and the serpent spawned near a player that is.

For pve its complete garbage tho, far too unreliable

1 Like

Sadly didn’t get too much action in (PvP friends quit before 100), but I did okay-ish solo (HotA and TB were my banes) when I finally got lvl 100 with my near-permanent Grizz Rage (RIP unstoppable) Shred Wolf in Preseason.

Enthusiasm otherwise fell off after some enjoyable Necro PvE in S1 and only just got back and started to finish leveling every other class to 100 a little before the March Campfire Chat.

yup thats what ultimately made the pvp suck for me as well, too much unstoppable, it losts its tactical flair with that.

I can definitely understand that. I have no clue what to expect with that situation post-gem change. At least Topaz’s existed for the likes of Rogues and Necros that didn’t have high Unstoppable uptime.

Now everyone is shoehorned into Max Health or Barrier Generation with a lot of DR cut out of the equation. (Solo?) PvP might see a pretty low point with offscreening and one-shots taking hold in-spite of being Unstoppable or not :sweat_smile::joy:. As for Group PvP, could still be contentious depending on comp (at least I would think…)

group pvp with balanced group comp? when does that even happen? once in a blue moon?

wait so the glyph decreases damage by increasing area? … oh ffs…