Ah Bulan fight seems very overscaled (Spoilers, obv)

Ngl, having to go through this fight several times because I’m being randomly and inexplicably one shot by a melee attack I just shrugged off the other 25 times is getting incredibly old fast.

Currently playing as a lvl 40 quill sb and I’m clearing the other content just fine, so I doubt it’s a build/skill issue. Is he possibly bugged?

Edit: While Usivar wasn’t too bad (the adds on the end that constantly knock u back and are more or less unkillable were annoying af), Priestess of Hatred was also very much a “u cannot be hit once or that’s 90% of ur health gone” kind of fight.

7 Likes

Yep, same issue not doing any damage to the split guys they don’t telegraph with any graphic and they can one shot you and they barely take any damage. This fight is overtuned big time.

1 Like

I struggled at level 40 penitent so grinded another 12 levels and dropped the difficulty down to expert still getting one shot at level 52. Was clearing other content comfortably

I agree it’s a random difficulty spike. Had been clearing other content fine at level 44 quill sb as well on expert difficulty. Un-telegraphed 1-shots from the split dudes, so I dropped to normal just to get past it. Annoying bc you have to run through the realm all over again.

Like, I totally get why it’s going to be a hard-er boss fight, but it’s not even the end of the campaign.

Hahaha thought it was only me, been playing since diablo 1 and alot all the way for many years… but this fight it just f… but hey they made us buy the expansion lol… its waaaay over the hill when he summons the twins lol

I’ve arrived there level 33 and I still can’t believed how hard that fight is, the game before was fine for me, hard but fair but that boss fight is completely out balanced.
worst for me the one time I reach the part when get into 3 is where the game disconnected me :confused: very frustrating

1 Like

Samesies.

edit: I hired a mercenary and was able to do it on the first try… I guess solo is out of the question? Idk… or it was just coincidence.

1 Like

Hiring a mercenary was the way to finish it - thanks Gozinya!

1 Like

Hiring a merc did nothing. Was playing fine solo on expert and still got 1 shot. I lowered down to hard and still got 1 shot. Lowered down to normal, beat it, bumped back up to expert.

2 Likes

Have tried with mercenary, just keep getting randomly one shot every single time!

Add the network disconnections and the fight simply sucks

1 Like

I’ve been playing on Pentinent but this boss was just another level compared to everything else. Using a pure poison build and the shield merc I managed to beat it after like 6 deaths. Just had to keep my distance and swoop in and unload all my skills at once. Luckily the Withering Fist has you basically teleport right to the enemy so it helped for quick successive attacks and retreats.

The only way I got around this boss was to dismiss mercenary and set the game on easy mode and just blow up the boss and swap back to whatever difficulty you were on.

Hope this helps others <3

Not tuned well. I was getting one shotted with a merc on expert at level 33. After 5-10 deaths I turned the difficulty down to normal and beat him in 30 seconds.

2 Likes

Finally done it, had to get better stuff and do a poison only build, if I had died a bit more I would change to normal.

Welcome to the green team.

1 Like

After dying several times, I swore and quit the game. Overtuned.

1 Like

This fight is dumb. he just walks up to you and one shots for no reason… shame really. i cant even enjoy the fight, because its just instant death.

Yeah, I’m waiting for hotfixes and patches.

Something’s really messed up with balancing: Spiritborn, even with decent build from wowhead, seems weak, bosses are rather overpowered - practically impossible to beat even on hard (full on legendary gear no less) - constant one-shots, damage sponges… Not fun at all. Tried fighting that boss (Maleficium’s the name, I think) in the “stronghold” in the darkness. Same story.

Had no such issues in the last two seasons. Hopefully, Blizzard fixes this soon.