ℹ Additional Information About The PTR (changes not noted or fully explained)

This will change come the patch mind you, it works differently on the live servers right now, but I’ll try to explain it.

Correct, it is possible, it’s just not very likely. An amulet can have upwards of 30+ Affixes that can roll on it. So each time you hit the Enchant button you have a 1 in 30 chance to get the one you actually want. Unfortunately they still have about 30 affixes on them on the PTR, but, it’s a little better due to the buckets.

@EarnestoEsta this may apply to you too.

So previously on the PTR (it’s closed now), you could put your item in the Enchant slot for the occultist, click on that eyeball and see a list of Affixes it could change to. I realized upon doing this, that certain affixes no longer showed up depending on which affix I clicked on to change.

I’ll use a simple example:

Amulet
+20% Movement Speed
20% Lightning Resist
20% Damage
+1 Rank of Terror (Necro passive)

So if I picked the Lightning Resist to change, I would see +% To Main Stat, possibly minion attack speed, +% Total Armor, and all of the Resist Types, since you are just changing 1 Resist for another or a different roll (just an example I’m probably missing some affixes). I would not see an option for more damage, or an option for another Passive ability.

However if I picked the Movement Speed to change, I wouldn’t see any Resist Types, or % damage, or another Passive ability. It will not allow you to roll another resist type, passive ability, or even damage type (depending), while one is present on that piece of gear. It greatly reduced the amount of affixes I could actually get, which was great in my opinion.

Now if I picked the +1 Rank of Terror to change, I would see all the other Passive abilities (including itself) that it could change into, along with other affixes. I wouldn’t see Resists, damage, or movement.

Currently this is not the case on the live servers. You have a chance (very slim chance) to change any affix on an item into any number of affixes. Using my same example, if I pick +Movement speed to change, I could give myself another resist(apparently resists aren’t on amulets on the live servers), another Passive, Bone Skill Damage, etc. on the live servers now.

The only exception being you can’t have 2 exact affixes on an item on live servers, i.e. you can’t have double movement speed on your amulet, or +% Dex showing up twice, etc. As far as I know, live server doesn’t have these buckets restricting similar affixes from appearing though.

So the PTR reduced the number of affixes that could roll on an item together, and prevents you from double dipping so to speak within those buckets. As in my examples above you will never find an item that has 2 or 3 Resists anymore. You can Temper on a 2nd Resist, but you can never find an item that comes naturally that way. I tried to go through every affix to find which ones fell into which buckets, but I’m sure I missed a few, the ones I listed were just the most obvious to me at the time.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

So if I am understanding correctly, and simplifying a lot:

The available prefixes in the preview window change based on the affixes already present on the item. I.e if there is already a resist present that you aren’t rerolling the various resist will not show up in preview. So if the affix shows up in the preview it is technically possible (although still subject to luck) unless it is a few edge cases like the %dex thing you mentioned.

1 Like

Correct, I like that summary. Just to reiterate though, on the live servers it’s horrible. It’ll be slightly better once the patch hits, but your fate is still in the hands on the RNG gods, there just may be less dice they can roll against you.

1 Like

Rubies seem completely bonkers. 9% life or 27 stats? How is this a choice?

2 Likes

I think it was to off-set the fact you can’t get +Stat anymore as an affix on anything. So if you absolutely wanted to, you could get anywhere from +27 to +135 to a stat through gems. This affects Rare Node bonuses in the paragon board, you know the ones you can’t move and require increasing amounts of a particular stat the further you go from the first board.

Although the fact people couldn’t get these bonuses was one of the things the development team was aware of when the PTR went live. So we may be seeing a change to these bonus nodes, or another change, they haven’t said yet. The gem stats are also subject to change of course, it was a PTR after all.

1 Like

amulets might be able to have multiple passive skills on them. I noticed on the maxroll planner it was possible so i just searched for necklace pics on the goog and found one with 3 passives from the ptr. i wasn’t able to test much myself but this would lead me to think possible.

1 Like

Question for you, were they all different passives? Someone mentioned further up in the thread that they saw an amulet with 2 of the exact same passive on a dropped amulet. So the bucket rule may not apply to amulets in regards to passives.

I also noticed when trying to enchant an amulet that had a passive already on it, unless I selected the passive to reroll, my options were limited on what I could in fact reroll.

Whoa, really? We can soon alter our chars hair? :scream:

1 Like

3 different passives

exploit / malice / weapon mastery

1 Like

Yes 3 passives on amulets is a thing but from what I heard rolling for it is very hard to do as the affixes are rarer.

1 Like