Add far more uniques or up the drop rates

Listen I can understand RNG, but I got 6 of the same stupid low stat crap boot no one uses in a row; and I don’t even mean like I got one with decent stats, they all sucked without much variation in between so how is that a random drop rate? By the third time I was like let me guess the same exact bad boot again. After 3 more times I had to come vent to the void again. I mean really tf is this because it’s beyond bad luck. I’ve already had this season only getting 2 mythics this whole time out of nearly half a thousand runs and now this.

I could go for more worthless uniques go nuts with it even re-use skins if you have to like you do with some of the others, but do something in this upcoming season where stuff like this isn’t happening right before y’all want players who stayed faithful this whole time to keep playing the season after that. It’s one thing to have to grind the same vaults over and over again, but to get basically the same exact reward too? RNG gods can suck it dry

1 Like

Congratulations you demonstrated you understand RNG.

It took me 13-15 metero helms before I got one I wanted. I got a shako on my 3rd duriel kill in S3.

Thats how RNG rolls. May the RNG gods be in your favor.

4 Likes

You’re not understanding what I’m saying actually, thanks for clarifying that.

TO BE CRYSTAL CLEAR FOR EVERYONE: I GOT THEM BACK TO BACK SIX F’N TIMES with nearly identical stats. No other uniques in between is what my problem is not that i’m getting bad rolls on gear. I’m not farming these boots, i’m not targeting these boots I do not want any pairs of them whatsoever. They’re worthless to my class entirely.
Does getting identical results 6 times in a row say “random number generated” to you?

yes. that is rng. may the odds ever be in your favor

3 Likes

Thats rng. You lost 6 times on the roll.

Rng doesnt guarantee you anything which is why ppl play arpgs. Its a slot machine.

Again, may the RNG gods be in your favor.

3 Likes

Some of us play despite the rng… because we like the gameplay… or we’ve played every previous iteration and thought a new addition the franchise would make it better instead of worse… and now the money is spent and we’re waiting for blizzard to get it together and make a game.

1 Like

Actually yes, it does. There’s no shortage of duplicate items coming from Uber Boss farming. You’re lucky it stopped at 6.

3 Likes

And I get that but all at the same time if you hate RNG an arpg may not be the best genre. Their are arcade games like D3 among others that really dont have RNG.

The gameplay is pretty smooth in D4 but the RNG is what make people continue to play it. The slot machine mechanics is what makes the loot hunt the loot hunt.

2 Likes

and maybe that won’t suck next season. So far, D4 has done a lousy job on that loot hunt. The sheer onslaught of worthless/irrelevant loot has made the game an exhausting exercise in futility, instead of fun.

There are so many different builds i would have liked to try in every season… but by the time i gave up on improving gear for my current build, i was SICK of playing Diablo: SATL (salvage all the loot). Nevermind the other characters I would have liked to play, but didn’t want to slog through the seasonal campaign again. It was only kind of interesting the first time. I started a second character in S2 and lost interest before it got anywhere.

RNG is fine if it’s done well… if you can see the light of success at the end of the tunnel. That’s not what they gave us from launch up to current day. They gave us Inventory Management Simulator.

This team learned none of the lessons from Blizzard’s past. Hopeful for S4.

honestly the loot, rng and grind has been fine. far less than other arpgs that require loot filters because of the thousands of affixes those games have. i have been able to min/max chars every season no issue. its all these d3 arcade game players that want instant gratification that couldnt handle a loot hunt game.

1 Like

Next season has a lot more RNG especially with the crafting system. Drops less so because they over simplified loot. There is still going to be better loot like a better rolled shako. If you get a normal shako its subpar to wining the RNG role.

There was loot fatigue. Everything was a piñata. Now with lower drops it will feel better.

This isnt changing, RNG still exists if not more added.

And thats ok. Not all games are for everyone.

I mean not really. Sure if people didnt understand damage buckets hording could be a problem.

They definitely did because they added more RNG but also did something with drops and make it simple for everyone to understand.

Nah you’ve got it backwards. If you think this has been a good Diablo game, then Diablo games aren’t for you. If Blizzard agreed with you, they wouldn’t have been scrambling since launch to try to find a quick fix for all their failures. They wouldn’t have done this massive system rework for S4, when their quick fixes didn’t get the result they were looking for.

You’re not the target audience… they just missed the target by a mile. You go find a different game.

1 Like

Your right im not the target audience for diablo 3. I enjoy arpgs but if you dont understand the changes they are making in redefiniting the loot hunt and adding more RNG you are up for some disappointment

Pfft D4 has been a raging disappointment every season. Why should S4 be any different? I’ll find out for myself. I’m not gonna be chased away by some chump in the forums. Blizzard doesn’t need your help chasing players away. I’ll be here til i choose not to be… i just probably will waste less time in the forums. The streamers are doing just fine with advocating for what’s wrong with the game anyway. So just less you. Win win.

1 Like

It is statistically possible, yes.

S2 was the best thus far. Far from a disappointment but again I do enjoy arpgs.

You do you :+1:

Yes streamers do enjoy there click bait for the sheep.

1 Like

Sorry. you dont understand Rng. even if 500 more unigues were added, youd still end up in the position you are in right now.

My advice? dont force yourself to farm an item. even a badly rolled unique serves its purpose in a build.

I think I know what you are trying to say. I have also noticed some patterns after Dungeon runs as well. Once finished Dungeon with full inventory of items, affixes and aspects on gear repeat often among all items I found throughout. I play Necro, so let say if I use shield, focus will be more common, if I use shadow damage, blood/bone skill attributes will roll most likely than shadow ones. Good example here: I found Blighted Aspect (which has x120% max roll) with 113% value about 50 times - but never 111, or 116 etc., so I got a feeling this system is sort of controlled.

Adding more uniques or topping up drop rates won’t fix the problem I guess and in Season 4 drop rates will go down. Six time in a row might happen again, but we don’t want the game be easy and smooth - otherwise could be imbalanced.

Just got a Season 2 Pact. Everyone saying it’s RNG can kindly piss off now, it’s wonky drops confirmed with proof now. Thanks for the contributions though I loved hearing them especially now seeing how wrong they were. Bye now! Edit: sarcasm won’t carry over and I don’t want to read another 30 worthless posts. This is just to show that there is a problem with drops, not that it wasn’t possible for the other bs. This however should 100% not be possible and yet it happened still so please I look forward to some forum genius explaining how getting something with 0% odds completely out of season is actually RNG

your post proofs nothing. You are referring to a bug.

That still doesnt change that rng is rng is rng.

3 Likes