Accessibility Request, KMB button that "loot all and/or interact/interact all at player's feet"

While using a Keyboard and Mouse, I’d like the ability to replicate controller player’s ability to loot/interact with loot under my player’s feet with just a button press and not having to reposition my mouse. A lot of people with disabilities play with a controller + mouse and your game does not support dual input Keyboard & Mouse + Controller input. There is a lag when switching modes.

If this game supported Keyboard & Mouse + Controller input, I could make a macro to replicate pressing the “interact” button on a controller and it would simply just loot at my feet. Pressing the keyboard shortcut “interact” will not automatically loot at my feet because it will attempt to interact with the position of my mouse cursor, not just the closest object to my character’s feet.

You could just implement a keyboard button that does “interact at my feet” preferably with the ability to “loot all” so I don’t have to make a macro that spams this button to loot multiple times at my feet. Regardless, for players that are not me, you should make Controller + Mouse a viable option for disabled gamers.

If you could just announce that you intend to implement a “loot/loot all at player’s feet” button for keyboard and mouse players, and make controller players able to change their interact button to “interact all (loot all)” with one button press that make me very happy.

Without a fix on blizzard’s end, for accessibility reasons I will have to make a macro that will probably violate your ToS, but your ToS is probably superseded by something in the Americans with Disability Act so I don’t really have reason to care. Not that I have any ability to litigate, it would just be a bad look for blizzard, especially if they banned a lot of people for using an accessibility aid, so that why I intend to share this macro.

This is the macro I intend to create, for disability reasons:

Get and save current mouse Position. Move mouse to center of character model (a generally fixed x/y coordinate). Generate ~15 interact inputs in/around character model to try and find the loot. Return mouse to saved mouse position.

If this accessibility macro would get me banned, please let me know. If this post gets taken down for discussing potentially violating your ToS, I’ll assume it’s your intent to make this game less accessible. If there’s no interaction on this thread, It’ll be assumed you have no issue with this kind of macro and I’ll share it with the community in a month, linking to this thread as proof that it’s okay to use and will not get people banned.

Edit: I’m currently working on a more in depth explanation and will be sending it to your accessibility team, as someone in linked a direct way to message the accessibility team in a comment below. I’ve written about a page and made 5 slides in photoshop, so it’ll probably be a youtube video by the time I’m done. It might some time though, as if it does end up as a youtube video it’s probably going to balloon a bit into me rambling about the Anterior Insula’s role in swapping between the Task Positive and Default Mode Network… and that’s just already way more scope then I was intending by starting this post.

1 Like

Threatening some type of litigation against the company probably isn’t the best way to get your idea implemented. Also openly expressing that you’re going to violate their ToS isn’t going to go over well for you. There are ways to try and get things done the right way and this isn’t one of them.

The game has features in place for those with disabilities. Just because they don’t have one that you are asking for doesn’t mean you can try to strongarm them into doing what you want.

1 Like

Oh it definitely will. Anything that automates a process within the game using third party software is subject to get your account banned easily. Hell any third party program period. If it’s not already an option within the game and you have to use another program to achieve the result, it can get you banned if their automated system catches it.

Now I agree I would love to have the same option controller users have on my KB+M. Anything that can make my life easier I’m all for.

I mean no offense here, but fighting this will be a lost cause especially in a video game sense where there’s a lot of subjectivity and grey areas when it comes to the laws of reality versus virtual reality. I would imagine any lawyer will tell you the same thing, and I highly doubt a judge would even give it a second look, assuming it even made it to litigation to begin with.

Good luck though. Let us know how it goes. :+1:

3 Likes

Given my personal track record with requests to blizzard for fixes/features, I don’t expect blizzard devs to respond or even read this. If they do, great, things get implemented, everyone is happy. If they don’t respond, then I just share an accessibility option with the community that blizzard was informed exists and everyone goes on happily using the macro. If they ban people for using the macro, without implementing accessibility options, they could potentially get bad PR for being anti-accessibility, though I doubt anything will happen there. Regardless It’s a triple win.

Also, having a bit of controversy in this post and getting people like you to bump it keeps it at the top of the thread, making it more likely that the devs actually read it. Quadruple win.

No offense taken my ability to litigate, it’s zero. A small chance at bad publicity is all I can do is the only recourse I have.

1 Like

a macro will pretty likely get you banned. Your disability there doesnt play a role. since you can click and play the game, you can also click and loot items.

i dont think you are doing a good approach there. Blizzard not answering to your thread doesnt mean you are allowed to break their ToS. If anything, you are just throwing a meaningless threat.

You know the ToS you agreed to, if you break it, be an adult and take the consequence if you get caught.

As to your suggestion, thats the only part of your post i can take serious. I personally wouldnt mind such an option. more accessibility is always great. and obviously blizzard has taken many steps so far to make this game as accessible as possible.

1 Like

At the bottom of this article there is an email address for direct feedback in accessibility in the game. It might be a better avenue than making threats and violating ToS.

5 Likes

oh, didnt know that one. will bookmark it =)

100% bookmarking that, also sending a more detailed explanation of my disability to that feedback e-mail and why this is option is needed in my use case.

Working on a long, detailed post about my disability, saving it to a google drive. Might not finish it tonight because I have company in an hour or two.

I also rearranged my original post to be a little more direct about asking for the feature, but still stating the intent to create a macro to solve the concern if it’s not addressed by blizzard. Also, changes some of the wording to make it more of a statement of what I plan to do to address this disability concern if Blizzard doesn’t do anything. It’s still bitey, but less.

1 Like

I’m not against your idea but you’re not going to get anywhere but on a ban list. I understand that you know the risks and good luck with that but I don’t see bad PR happening IF it even goes public in a big way. You are on here telling us you’re going to make a macro that violates the ToS knowing it’s going against it. You’ve been playing this game since the release from what I can tell on your forum history. You have no posts from what I can see of the suggestion even being made at all yet you’re basically telling them “Implement this feature or else.” You’ve obviously been able to play the game just fine with little to no issues. Have you even tried to push this idea forward before today? Genuine question.

Not hating at all. I just don’t think the way you are going about it is helpful nor productive. I don’t believe it’s going to end the way you think it is. I could be wrong completely. I’m usually always right about everything ever.

2 Likes

Learn something new everyday, that is very helpful. Stuff like that should be in a sticky at the top or something.

4 Likes

LOTS of things should be a sticky at the top…

1 Like

why do disabled people feel entitled to things? devs don’t have to offer you anything as far as accessibility. lot’s of devs like to cater to accessibility because it is a good thing to do and devs tend to care, but they don’t have to. if you are too disabled to click a mouse button maybe you shouldn’t be gaming

I’ll just ignore the absolute aholeishness of this first part and address the 2nd. The US (and most countries have similar things) has the ADA, Americans with disabilities act, which does state that employers and businesses make reasonable accomodations to make their products etc. accessible to those with disabilities. So yes they do need to do it to some degree.

1 Like

The Sacred A-RPGs (or at least the second game) had a customizable “loot all” button that picked up stuff in a radius around you. Customizable in the sense that you could choose which item rarities it picked up.
It is a decent idea of accessibility for sure.

Really? That’s pretty harsh, put on their shoes and take a look at things.

1 Like

By far the one of the most ignorant, disrespectful, and discriminating posts I’ve ever seen on these forums. Honestly, do us all a favor, log out of the forums, and erase your account. My list of people I’ve blacklisted on here is extremely small, but congratulations you just made that list bigger.

2 Likes

Lol christ. Anyone with a disability should be able to enjoy video games. Do I agree with his approach to this issue? No. Does he have the right to enjoy the comfort of games like everybody else does? Yes. Learn a little empathy for others maybe.

2 Likes