A whirlwind nerf already?

We have disabled the unique power on “Gohr’s Devastating Grips” as it is outperforming our expectations. We will have a balance fix for this in an upcoming client patch before we re-enable it.

Well that didn’t last long. I wonder how bad they’re going to gut it. They always overdo any changes they make

They should hot fix minions while they are at it then.

If they are intent on doing these balance changes

Also renamed, Gohr’s Not So Devastating Grips.

1 Like

it was broken from the first beta; I honestly expected a fix by the Server Slam. I’m surprised it took them this long.

3 Likes

sad, i got standard edition so i couldnt even see them in action not even once.

1 Like

The fix will be interesting to see given the reason they disabled it was players were terminating the WW prematurely so they could pull off a stop and go rhythm that allowed explosions to happen almost constantly. Their intent was for the explosion to happen after the full channel of the WW ability. The likely outcomes are either requiring the full channel to trigger the explosion or a massive reduction in damage output and letting the players keep using it like they were, just with severely reduced effectiveness.

I’d prefer the former. Make it based on time spent channeling.

Not going to lie, i just woke up and saw they did this and starting laughing. Who knew they would nerf billion damage critical strikes.

2 Likes

How the hell do you know their intentions? None of that is written , anywhere. You the blizzard whisperer?

They should have fixed this before people spent many hours leveling barbs for meta. It’s not like this was a secret before launch.

1 Like

tbh honest I cannot wait to see asmongolds response, i am low key glad they did this just to watch him cry. I hate that guy.

1 Like

Whirlwind is already ridiculous. Having it generate fury as you hit enemies you can just spam it fighting elites. I know because I do it.

I prefer Ancient Hammer, but I have a legendary that couples with CotA that spawns an ancient if using WW so I’m playing with it.

I tried it. Didnt do enough dmg. I prefer my 12k hota crits at lvl 45

Glass half full, for sure.