A serious petition for offline mode

If it were once every 3 months… It would be easier if you could turn it off at once. And so we paid for most of their store. The game itself is clearly not worth this price. But at the same time, we also need to buy what we paid for.
So, speaking seriously, I think that they could do an offline mode with the remaining 40 dollars that we paid.

I’m sure you are aware that there are private servers for both games and kits for D3 servers to run on your own.

I DO NOT by any means want to advertise piracy. I’m just pointing out that both games can be pirated already.

Unjustifiably inflated prices encourage piracy. Or do you think that being greedy is your monopoly?

Adam Jackson also confirmed no offline mode in the Q&A yesterday with DM.

I understand there are no plans for an offline mode.
I would like them to revist the idea before shutting down the servers. At that point whenever it comes I think offline should be added for those that would like to continue playing.

2 Likes

Wait what? I mean D3 servers are still up and its been a decade.

Im sure they would revisit it in 15-20 years.

Like 25 years from now?

Yeah if it is that long 25 years. D2 is 20+ and people still play that.

I’ll be playing Diablo in heaven long before the servers go offline.

AFAIK, the Diablo 1 servers are still online.

Why?

Diablo 3 on console is a good example of why not

Because posters like you were always fighting it. If you don’t believe me go pull up one of the numerous threads on the subject. Any time a thread was made on the subject the usual suspects were right there telling them to do better research before playing the game or go play something else. It was the same type of jerk mentality that you always display anytime suggestions are made to improve the game. Suggestions by the way, that would never harm how you play the game in anyway.

Blizzard has backtracked numerous times on statements like that. They said D3 would never have SSF. It does now. They said they would never bring back classic WOW. They did.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The majority of players are either using WASD or controllers. I can promise you the toppers on leaders boards aren’t using that archaic point n click system. No one still uses point n click in games anymore except old school traditionalists who fear change.

only thing i can agree with.

i didnt fight WASD per say, however, i did tell people who acted like “OMG this game has no wasd wtf?!?!?!” to research before buying, which is absolutely fine?

anyway, fight for that offline mode buddy. Just dont get bitter over not getting it =)

They made the announcement that Diablo 3 would be online only almost 13 years ago and in that time not only have they not backtracked but the AAA gaming industry at large has followed their example.

Need a source on this. Diablo will never be offline.

Diablo 3 is playable offline however, so they did backtrack according to that logic.

Console limitation. Though. No such option for 4.

1 Like

diablo 3 is only offline playable on consoles. not on pc, and that wont change.

1 Like

It was not a limitation. There were online only games on console. They simply made the decision to have an offline mode.

Didnt say otherwise.

well, this implies diablo 3 is offline playable in general.

It only indicates that D3 is playable offline. Which it factually is.