30 + Tormented runs and out of luck

After killing every tormented boss except for Beast and numerous attempts of tormented Duriel , Zir , Anderial , Grigoire , Varshan. 100’s hours collecting mats and stones. Gearing my toon to be able to solo tormented bosses. Learning not to take debuffs. Doing endless pit runs for a slight chance to get 1 stone. I am out of stones and NOTHING to show for it.

Awesome way to end a season!!! :crazy_face:

So I am suppose to go buy (rmt) stones now ? So I can still have a chance ? I ran 20 + level 91 pits and got 1 stone this weekend, ugh , this is just bad.

3 Likes

It’s always a problem, I’ve only met a few people who claimed the drop rate to be around 20%…

Its 18% at lv 100. Its in the patch notes.

I’m near 1500 documented runs now, still only around 8% drop rate at t105 so yeah…

Well it seems I can buy 500 stones for $ 10.00 on ebay , wtf ??

Somebody, probably streamers who were doing first baby steps when D2 was current, convinced Blizzard that we enjoyed endless D2 grind and pitiful chances. De facto whole D2 economy was running on dupes. D3 in its latest form is superior to D2.

For the love of god, do not support RMT.
Either party up trough discord to quadruple your drop opportunities OR speed farm iron wolf to get your Shako at the very least.

The amount of ppl selling nonstop stones has increased alot. I think a dupe might be in place again somehow.

Well if you do 100 runs it doesnt guarantee youll have 18. Last set of run of 20 runs I did I eneded up with 8. Doesnt mean the drop rate is 40%.

Ppl can have both good and bad luck.

1 Like

I’d try buying them for gold first. Though it’s probably some amount of work to source the quantity for as many runs as you’d probably like to do.

Before you go down the RMT trail, ask yourself if it really adds enjoyment or is it just chasing the gamble to perfect something that only exists in the game server. In Diablo Immortal, I’d watch people blow $20-100+ a week with the justification that it was “entertainment”. I put my money into a new gaming laptop… I still have the laptop while their entertainment is long gone.

So at those prices than duping of the new tormented boss mats is happening also , I assume.

This is going from bad to sad. I play on console and do not do discord , so I cannot do that. Plus , I dont want to deal with scammers , leeches , unscrupulous players , etc. that naturally follows this sort of set up.

I have 4 sparks , from leveling 3 toons to 100 , I have a newly made Shako sitting in eternal already, what is the next best uber to make for a barb , sorc , rogue ?

You’re on crack if you think d3 is better than 2. The only thing 3 has is better graphic. You’re showing your age thats for sure

2 Likes

of course i am not expecting 18% on the dot, but i should be near 15% for being on the “bad luck side”, afterall i am well above 1k runs that should be a pretty damn good sample size for a single season, many players dont even run that many runs, i play quite a bit.

also i am not running a low level pit tier as well, its 105…i am less than half of the suggested drop rate.

of course you can dismiss it as bad RNG, i just think they messed up on their calculation, AGAIN…

2 guy digging for diamond the bottom stop when its a inch to it.jpg

Me and my wife were big fans of original Diablo so I picked up two copies of D2 in game shop to play together in 1999. You probably existed in a form of tiny cell in mom’s ovary.

I existed long enough to know your opinion is garbage. D2 prime time > infinite greater rift nonsense. You can just admit you don’t like actual RPGs instead of giving your trash opinion

sometimes i really don’t get it, why the devs are so stingy in configure the percentage of dropping stygian stone and baneful heart as if they wanted to keep those stones for their monument.

those business analyst and data scientist behind the player base progression and interaction data should really beef up in recognizing the sweet point to draw the line.

its only USD$0.08 per carry of Duriel level 200.

way more cheaper electric bill and time efficient compared to grinding hundreds hour of mats and cpu wattage consumption + fatigue.

I totally feel the OP on this :100: percent!

This BS right here in Diablo IV needs to end, Blizzard D4 Team! How damn unrewarding and unfun can you make this game!? There is NOTHING rewarding or good about this! This is simply awful! I hope this changes in Diablo IV in the new expansion or sooner, big time!

Diablo IV should be fun, challenging, and always rewarding when a player puts in the time and effort like this player has. This is just messed up, and a total waste of a player’s time! Not to mention, this lack of rewarding players for these types of tedious efforts in the game only ruins the game experience further, and makes D4 worse! Get it together, Blizzard D4 Team! It’s been over a year already! You can do better!! - JJ -

Pumping new characters to finish Iron Wolves quest is a more guarantee to get at least 1 Uber unique item.