1st week beta is over! What do you guys think?

Love to hear that!!! I have the same feel. Got draget in.

burn hydra: D4 open beta Burn Hydra - YouTube

1 Like

Characters - forgettable.

Story - mid. Some decent writing here and there, but mostly nothing to write home about.

Gameplay - boring. Played as sorc, game is way too easy. Skills & combat boring and uninspired. Loot uninteresting. Crafting unintersting. Multiplayer ridiculously shallow and uninteractive.

Imagine charging $70++ for people to buy the WORST game in the series that has almost no good innovation.

2 Likes

I pkayed sorc and barb to 25. rogue to 20. The art is amazing. Gameplay is fun. Story is alright. Overall an absolute blast.

1 Like

I think we have a long way to go, but I’m interested in what the rest of the world feels like and the 2 other classes. It’d be nice if in the future they have an open beta with higher level unlocked and more zones, or even all the zones.

1 Like

My thoughts after playing what I could over the weekend.

1. I enjoyed the scaling for “dungeons” based on my level. I felt that aspect maintained the difficulty even with the massive player base.

2. I did end up killing a few large monsters with the public crowd. I liked how that worked and went well. I did not yet get a chance to “group” and try a dungeon. I don’t know if that will work well or not.

3. I had once instance where my character went invisible after dying. That made it fun trying to stay alive (bad guys could see me, but I couldn’t see myself). After I townportaled back, I was fine.

4. Lag is rough, but welcome to the stress test. I had several cases where I died due to lag, but I also know that is a problem and a priority.

5. Guild creation was nice but also pointless so far. We will see how that pans out later.

Immediate impressions good. I didn’t get a chance to play with friends yet, they are a bit more hesitant, but I hope to get some of that in next weekend.

Edit: Needed to add one more thing. Butcher was brutal. Ran into him in a dungeon and got destroyed.

1 Like

Wrote a big summary here Feedback after 25+h of beta from ARPG veteran (gaming 30+ years)

1 Like

Facetanking world boss was good as well as your review of weekend. I was experimenting with more tanky build on wizard too. He have some great options for HC even with full rare gear.

It’s 90% there and I loved my time with the beta, I can see myself playing it to death at release.

2 Likes

Yes absolutely. I found some more legendary traits on items just before the beta closed hours ago. So i cant wait to do way more builds next weekend!

10/10. Loved it! It great to see how fast they resolved the Que issues as well.

It’s clear Blizz is invested in getting this game right!

2 Likes

I think it’s great. can’t wait to try the druid. looking forward to next weekend.

2 Likes

Same issue I had, I found double hydra trait 2 hours before end and if you check my last video posted from open world, I droped there interesting double socket staff I am planning to build around next weekend :smiley:

It seems they did not change the base game of every loot game. But i dont mind that at all. I will play it as i did d2 d3 and d2r

1 Like

man to put it simple if i compare this beta to d3 beta/launch d4 as been 100x times better not just in content/story but in terms of progresion. i belive they are on a good way to give us a bigger variety of content that d3 couldnt give us because of its faulty existence since launch, and how dull and powercreep it as become due to the lack of “real seasonal content” so im hopeing they learned from mistakes and make d4 the best of them all diablos to date!
i seen alot of " old roots " aspects in the game that should have been in d3 in the first place but never were!

with that said nothing is perfect and blizz as alot of work ahead if thats theyre goal is to make this game awsome! one thing is for sure i already like it more then d3, and not wanting to comepletly say i dont like d3 its nice to log sometimes go for quick Grfit. but i think a true diablo game deserved alot better for a long time so im happy to see them " hard " trying… gg

1 Like

i think it was a LOT of fun. i was sad when they kicked me out and i already miss playing lol

i just hope they polish/optimize more and more. there were some fluidity problems when switching zones or loading heavy assets

i got a neat txt file with notes i took along the way but ill just save it and consolidate with next week’s notes i guess.

1 Like

i have a very bad pc and i was having some fps freeze drops, but then i set my graphics lower and i played arroudn with the fedility option and the sharpen option and i was able to cut down massevely on the drops and mainting a good pciture quality, so awsome on that alone so many nice options out of the box! and yeh ofc they will eventualy do some 2 performance 2 checks and improvements, like they did in d3.

I enjoyed it and Can’t wait until Next Friday and Release…

My thoughts in more detail below in link.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/i-enjoyed-d4-from-an-old-d1d2-player/5217

2 Likes

D4 is a watered down version of D3. It takes all of the core systems from D3 but does everything worst in the process.

It’s a mobile/console port to PC and the game is going to need significant work after release in order to retain players. Just like D3 required.

2 Likes

im sold to this devil!!! lets hope this devilopers can hold my soul in, for years to come!!! i want moar, gief moar!! is it friday already!? fml i really wanna try that necro bruh!!!

2 Likes

yeh because doing same all over again with almost no diference every season and just powercreep that gear and highlvl grift is so much better!!! then what we already have on d4!!! sarcastic laff. you sure dont remenber what d3 was at beta/launch!! how big of a fail it was and why it is what it is now a days. so im damn happy they trying to do a better version of d3. i just hope they keep theyre honest word of what they going to try achiv in it. bad stuff happens sometimes yeh, i just got my fingers cross for the game to work out well for them and for us! thats all

1 Like