šŸ“– Compendium Regarding the Diablo 4 "Druid/Tempest Roar" Drop Issue

Well hit 100 just now. GOt another unique axe. Still no TR. I have tried all classes and leveled most but druid is the 1 I took to 100. I wonā€™t be playing seasons. Why would I do another grind to 100 with the potential of never seeing the item I want to try the builds I want to try? I feel zero achievement or satisfaction of hitting 100. IN fact, it is the opposite. I now feel permission to stop playing.

3 Likes

For reference, I recently broke the 150+ hour mark on my Druid & am still looking for Tempest Roar.

Update for me:

Level 86 and still no tempest roar.

I did get two crone staves post level 80. Iā€™m up to 10+ Vasilyā€™s helms, 7+ bear chests, 3 wolf chests, frost burn gloves, penitent boots, two zenith rings, 3 mothers rings, and Iā€™m probably forgetting some too. Iā€™ve honestly lost count of the bear items I keep getting.

Literally all Iā€™ve done since level 60 is NM dungeons, Helltides, and some normal dungeons just to finish renown.

Tempest roar is too important for Druid builds to be such a rare item.

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth this has been my personal discovery over the last couple daysā€¦

I was chasing Tempest Roar as well, i was a pulverize Druid doing fine from level 1-75 and I wanted to try StormClaw. I stopped T4 NMD (31-35 for me) and chased all the T4 Helltide event chests and mystery chests as well as all Legion and World Bosses and NMD in between. I have lots of uniques, like everyone, but have never gotten TR or Waxing Gibbous etc.

Well during an experiment I went back to T3 NMD 20 and ran it, of course the exp was a fraction as well as glyph exp but 1 run and my bag was full of nothing but rare and a few legendary, left all gems and other items behind.

I did the same dungeon in T4 NMD 21 and when done I have 1/3 the number of items. And this time I picked up everything so there was a few blues in there.

I double checked it again and there is no doubt that T3 drops more items than T4. I believe they have been tweaking the drop formulas in T4 so much because of the super unique drops, that items just donā€™t drop like they should. We are spending a lot of time in T4 NMDs that we are just used to it.

I know that being almost lvl 80 and doing stuff in T3 is a waste of time, barely any xp, but items drop so much that you have better odds of getting Legendary and Uniques. When an item appears in the game they have % chance to be any of the rarities, even unique (especially Elites). So the more item you can get to drop the more shots you get at possible legendaries.

I finally got the Greatstaff of Crone farming items on T3, it was sacred and non ancestral but at least I can start messing with other builds instead of shockwave pulverize. Iā€™m going to do this a bit more and see if I can find a tempest roar, I just want to play hands on with a different Druid build. I have multiple high level characters and can swap around builds based on stuff I have in the bank but this Druid is so locked up itā€™s frustrating.

I dk, this is just my personal perspective and what Iā€™ve found playing a lot of hours of Druid lately. Anyone else notice this?

Same druid is lvl 82 now and just droped for me yesterday, weird thing is after the first I found another the same day. 2 tempest roars after all that time both from NM dungeons in my case so seems helltides suck again after the nerf

Where do people see the amount of time they have spent on a character or as these figures purely guesstimates?

blizzard knows itā€™s the only worthwhile druid unique and made the droprate super low. simple as that.

There is a website called ā€œD4Armoryā€ which will tell you exact stats on your characters.

1 Like

Thanks for the share, taking a look!

1 Like

Well, let me add on. Im level 100 for a week, did 20-30 NMD a day. Still didnā€™t get TR :rofl:

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got my post linked in this, so thanks for that. Iā€™ve got over 8 days played on my character at this point. Been lvl 100 for most of it. This helm is way too rare.

1 Like

Lvl 96 druid also a lvl 50 im trying to run a alt but no TR ive straight refused to buy any merch because my charcter isnt near being able to be what i want i got every toon to 60 plus love diablo hate the bugs has to be one too hot fix this ill end up buying merch for horse and every toon excited to do seasonal and dabble in hardcore but il never run a druid in either till this is resolved i know they drop cause my homeboy got his at 50 as i ran him thru NM dungeons but since itwas bugged i think it broke help blizzard

1 Like

I think I shouldnt read your post because it gave me serious depression.

Im farming crone daily.
Im almost 84.
No crone.

So for another 10 levels I may not drop it. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Just letting you guys know that I am level 100 for about 2 weeks now, farming nightmare dungeons and helltides for like 5-6 hours a day and still have no TR. My druidā€™s rare glyphes are all nearly 21, finishing the final few glyphes. I have gotten the vasilyā€™s prayer about 15+ times straight. Either itā€™s bugged or the chance of getting it is really low. Iā€™ll be really pissed if they are bugged.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on the same boat, please update us if you get TR on T3. Thanks.

UPDATE : Finally got it after posting it here if they were bugged. I wonder if someone is secretly fixing bug accounts. Found at the end of nightmare dungeon reward.

1 Like

did Crone drop for you?

Yes Iā€™ve got everything now, Crone is quite rare as well but I did get a few.
The helm was the rarest as some players keep getting the bear helm. I reckon I could have gotten 20+ bear helm before the storm helm.

1 Like

lvl 100, most of my glyphs are lvl 20+ and yup, no Tempest Roar , atleast 5 of other uniques including butchers cleaver, the frost gloves, temerity, snail trail boots, but no TRā€¦ it HAS to be buggedā€¦ its getting super annoyingā€¦ to say the least. I love Druid, and wanted to play it season 1, but if the best way to make a class work above B tier is with a super RARE unique, its not worth doing. I guess iā€™ll be trying necro or rogue for season 1ā€¦

2 Likes

Level 87 and have mostly only gotten Werebear related drops. Think Iā€™ve gotten in the neighborhood of 7, 4 of which being the helm all of them being trash rolls with exception to my first, despite them being higher level and ā€˜betterā€™ item power, the other 3 being the chest in which one was an upgrade from sacred to ancestral and the last being just like my helms.

Just recently got Gibbous and Crone to drop, still not a single TR helm.

1 Like