Diablo 4 Bricked my GIGABYTE 3080 TI

It is indeed a powerdelivery issue, the GPU triggers the PSUs OCP.
So if you have an insufficient Multirail powersupply (below 1000w) your GPU will trigger overcurrent protection. (and the GPU may even lock itself up to further protect itself)

It is the games fault bc regardless of load it maxes out the powerlimit at all times tho. Its the same thing that happens for 2years with diablo2 resurrected.

Workarounds are undervolting/limiting FPS.
Real fix is to buy a good PSU, bc realistically they wont change the games engine for you, that just works that way.

4 Likes

This is confirmation bias. Your GPU is faulty if turning a game on “broke it”. It’s not the games fault. Contact Gigabyte.

11 Likes

Wrong. It is the games fault.

That’s not how it works. The game didn’t break anything, it simply pushed the GPU hard enough to shine a light on a fault with the card. The blame lies with Gigabyte, not Blizzard. I thought we covered this with New World.

25 Likes

3080’s seems like trash with so many “games” bricking them. While they could do better on the games end performance-wise, if they break that’s because of the card and not the game.

5 Likes

My Gigabyte 3080 TI is also bricked… PC doesn’t turn on with it, just with Intel Graphics. Changing from OC to Silent doesn’t do nothing. Help.

Why is it that people are able to run maxed out CyberPunk but their card melts down with D4?

Why is this happening to SO MANY 3080tis?

Ive got a 3080ti (Nvidia geforce rtx) as well, 12g GDDR6. 2 month old PC. I9 24 core 5.3hz CPUs. 1000w psu. Liquid cooling. I can run 2077 on max and not drop below 120 fps when im TRYING to. For gods sake i can run 7D2D on max and feel nothing and that game is so horribly optimized its laughable.

When i noticed the gpu start chugging during the opening sequence of the prologue i knew something was up. My fans went full hyperdrive during the chapel scene as well and a couple other spots. And that was with the graphics on MEDIUM. The game absolutely DEVOURS cpu/gpu resources at certain points.

This is an issue that HAS to be fixed before launch or its going to kill hundreds if not thousands of rigs. Or more. Burying your head in the sand isnt going to make it go away.

I LIKE the game. I just dont want my rig to go into meltdown playing it.

7 Likes

They cant fix wrong user behaviour on their end. DiabloII resurrected is running exactly the way diablo iv does since 2021 without any attempt of changes to this.

This reads like chatgpt got drunk and tried to properly output a text string.

1 Like

I had the same crashes and PC rebooting with a 3090 ti ekwb founders edition. No bricking or anything alike though. After a while it got annoying, so I switch to another game, where the same issue happend after a while. Turned out it wasn’t D4 in that case at all, but a driver update happening close to the beta relase. Switching to the previous version solved the issue, aswell as huge fps jumps in D4.
Just posting this for reference and maybe a possible solution for some.

2 Likes

maybe you are drunk…

Lol mate, I have a Seasonic Prime 1000w Titanium with 1 year and my 3080Ti is bricked. Has nothing to do with the quality of the PSU.

2 Likes

Those Seasonic PSUs are actually prone to cause such issues with 30series GPUs. You may google it. (there is an issue with the 12v sense wire poeple modding there cables to get rid of the issue).

2 Likes

buddy, i have ATX 1000W Corsair HX1000 (135mm, Platinum) and it still freezes/crashes the system with same symptoms like everyone - fans go all max and screen goes black

may try it, with it set to single rail. But in your case i doubt your issue is the PSU.

So glad i saw this thread.

Was going to play next weekend but now, NOPE.

To those in this thread claiming that D4 cannot brick GPUs, thats false.

“New World” caused many to have bricked GPUs as well.

It IS the game that causes this. I have had my newly built alienware 3080 GPU since 2020. Ive played hundreds of hours at top settings for games and i refuse to allow D4 to destroy my GPU.

Many here that had this issue are gamers and to say that its the GPUs fault and not the game is, well, you just talking out a hole you shouldnt be.

Blizz needs to fix the issue, and NOW. If they allow this problem to go into open beta… shame on them and shame on those trying to downplay this problem.

Also, REDDIT is full of clowns. Stay far away from there. You are dealing with people who are the worst part of society.

7 Likes

as long as you cap your FPS in your driver nothing can happen to your hardware.

Even in New World nothing could happen to your hardware if you capped your FPS for that game. It was the loading screens reaching 6000+ FPS causing issues.

2 Likes

You do understand that the majority of people who play games like this do not know how to change settings like that right?

Are you assuming they do? Because that is kind of ignorant.

You are correct on what you are saying but it should not be left to the average person to “know” to change their settings so this doesnt happen.

Also, it would be very easy for Blizz to patch a fix for this to limit fps on any of their loading screens.

Seems they didnt.

3 Likes

if they dont change settings, nothing will happen either, Vsync is enabled by default.
Its just the smart asses fiddling with ingame settings that have problems.

1 Like

Changing settings in the game shouldnt brick my gpu.

I change the settings in most of my games.

Never had an issue.

Didnt play New World because i wasnt going to risk my card, worked out in my favor as that game flopped anyway.

I most likely wont be joining open beta unless i see a fix from Blizz for this.

Again, dont give customers settings that can cause damage to their GPU. OR give a warning that changing settings can cause damage to your pc