zMonk builds explanation?

Hi,
There is Tempest Rush build, which i am currently not interested in.
There is Crippling Wave build with Blinding flash. I am confused about CCs and rift boss fights.

1. Iceblink adds chill effect on every cold attack and thats CC, so why it is recommended that zmonk weapons should not have CCs, if iceblink CC anyway?

I’ve read that cyclone strike does not proc strongarm on RG, so u can go with dual generator build and swap Blinding Flash for Dead Reach Piercing Trident.
2. Is swapping for Dead Reach only change in these builds?
3. How is the playstyle during rift and against RG with Dead Reach compared to normal blinding flash build?

Thanks.

1. Chill and slow are soft cc. They don’t trigger CCR, unlike freeze, stun, blind and root. Don’t hard CC a boss.

2. Cyclone does’t proc stronarms on the boss, which is why nobody play blind any more. Yes, it’s the only difference.

3. Playstyle is the same except you have a damage increase ability you need to use before the wizard meteor instead of a defensive ability. On boss you just use only deadly reach and proc iceblink only for necro corpse lance (and it doesn’t even really matter)

Thank you very much for your answer.

1. Does it mean i can use weapons with slow or chill as secondary stat on zmonk?

2. By damage increase ability u mean deadly reach? It is even needed to use deadly reach during rift if cyclone can proc strongarms on normal monsters?

3. On diablo wiki i’ve read that knockback add 40% cc resistance on boss. Piercing trident should be type of knockback - knock up. So should i spam boss with deadly reach all the time until necro says stop? Then when necro start corpse lance should i knock up boss to proc strongarms, does it not add too much resistance to boss? Or am i wrong and Piercing trident does not add any CC resitance at all?

All RG are immune to immbolize/slow/knockbacks. Precisely why cyclone cant proc SA on RG - because it requires the actual pulling animation and all RG are immune to it.

Different skills proc SA differently, on RG, ancient spear and deadly reach dont need the pull animation to proc SA.

For Deadly Reach Zmk on rg, you can feel free to spam it 100%. KB is does not interfere with freezing. When RG has adds and barb needs to pull them away, you should temporarily change back to crippling wave to ease the KB CC.

1 Like