Zei's Stone of Vengeance Query

For the purpose of Meteor Wizard do we know when the Zei’s counts its distance? Is it when you click your mouse or when the meteors land?

Trying to figure out how best to play this build and whether I should be clicking when mobs are on me then moving away before they land, or if I should be away from the mobs when I click.

Thanks

1 Like

While I haven’t investigated this particular topic, all the other damage calculation happens on the moment the damage is delivered (impact + potential ground effects). This makes it almost sure also Zei distance calculation happens the same time.

1 Like

As far as I know Zei even can affect pets or anything that deemed as a pet like a clone or mimic, so I think it’s calculated on impact.

Yes, the calculation is applied on impact. The distance used is always from the player to the target on the moment of impact, even when the damage is dealt by pets.

3 Likes

Maybe that’s why I’ve always felt that Power Hungry (damage to distant enemies) works better than Audacity (damage to close enemies) combined with Zei’s even when moving around in varying distances from monsters - and often when moving back to monsters that wasn’t finished off when last in sight they would be gone, only leaving progress globes behind.

2 Likes

Sounds like click then move away is the sequence to follow.