Your favorite class and why?

I am sure this has been done before but I’m new here and would love to hear from the community about their favorite class and why they love to play them.

For me it’s the Necro and has been since D2.

I’ve always enjoyed a hybrid spell caster and summoning legions of the dead to watch my back.

The necro also fills my need for a ‘dark’ hero. Honestly I wish there were more of them. It fits my own personality really well and that reflection makes for a really enjoyable gaming experience.

To steal a line from the BBC Sherlock series:
“I am on the side of the Angel’s but don’t for one moment believe that I am one of them.”

1 Like

in Diablo 3? i find DH or Monk is the most fun to play.

overall? Amazon is the most fun to play.

For Diablo 3: Wizard since Diablo 3’s release

Why?
Mostly because I fell in love with the Archon and Critical Mass synergy.

For Diablo 2: Honestly, I enjoyed almost all of the classes, but Druid (werewolf build) and Sorceress (Lightning Variant) takes the lead for all-time favorite classes in Diablo 2.

For Diablo 1: Didn’t get too far, but the Warrior was rather enjoyable for me.

1 Like

Monk, love to obliterate trash mobs with a one shot WoL

1 Like

Tough call here…for this season I have loved my POJ monk nothing like a good TR into a big mob and sending things flying…They again I have alway been fond fo the DH and tried a new LOD build with rapid fire grenades…talk about sending things to pieces.

Necro is fun, but i get to a point where I just cannot seem to progress, barb and crusader I have never felt the love…I just cannot figure out hot to best play the doc and I really cannot stand the wiz’s dialog.

1 Like

In RPGs I prefer the stealth / sneak / rogue type classes. Initially I thought I would be playing DH the most in D3, but then I saw they had a monk class. So, my first character was a monk instead since there aren’t a whole lot of RPGs that have that class. Some of the monk class didn’t quite make sense to me though. I was thinking a martial arts class, but you’re using diabos for fist attacks.

Eventually I am playing quite a bit of DH, but the barb piqued my interest the most. I guess whirling around like a tornado, demolishing and shouting at everything is fairly entertaining, at least for me. Maybe my next barb character will be named Taz :B

Just a correction, D3 Necromancer is NOTHING like the one in D2. . .

IMO> My favorite class is monk. He’s the only guy in this game that can go truly immortal (serenity).

2 Likes

Diablo 1 Barbarian
Diablo 2 Barbarian
Diablo 3 Barbarian

Now I’m not saying I am hugely biased, but I just always found that class a bit more enjoying. However I did very much like the Rogue in Diablo 1 and the Amazon in Diablo 2. But sadly that class got removed when we got to Diablo 3.

2 Likes

For me it’s monk. I like the idea of dodging and dashing around as melee class. Also i like the theme of three on the primarys. Today i think the funniest monk build is for me LoD LTK. Also i think monk got the best dash so far.

1 Like

No need for any correction.

As I stated, it’s the ‘Dark Hero’ theme that attracts me to the class. Which is consistent through both games.

D2- sorc, Amazon, necromancer
D3-demon hunter, wizard
I liked the ranged abilities. (Bow/javazon) and the wizard class. The necro mage bear build was pretty fun too in Diablo 2. Never got into necromancer in d3 since it doesn’t have the dark dingy vibe of raising undead.

1 Like

I’ve been drawn to casters ever since I first played Final Fantasy as a kid, so easily Sorceress/Wizard. WD would be a close second though. Hard for me to put my finger on exactly why - they’re kind of goofy, sort of the odd man out - but they really tickle me. There’s a little bit of the D2 Druid, Necro, and Wiz in them, so I guess they tick a few different boxes for me. Also, they can summon zombie bears. How could I say no?

1 Like

D1 Sorceror
D2 Sorceress/Necro
D3 DH/WD

I have always loved the ranged/spell casting classes and the summoning classes. Being able to attack while having to keep moving to avoid getting killed is something that keeps me interested. When I want to relax, having a wall of minions do my work for me is a fun lazy way to play. The stand in the pile and swing away meat-head classes have never really appealed to me.

1 Like

D1: warrior
D2: paladin
D3:crusader
D4: hoping for paladin to come back but druid looks awsome

1 Like

Druid because shapeshift

1 Like

D1: Sorcerer because it was OP as all get out. But Rogue was fun too.
D2: Amazon because I liked the Rogue so much in D1.
D3: Demon Hunter.

And finally, we have a build that can compete with other classes top sets as long as it doesn’t get nerfed at the end of the PTR. But even being one of if not, worst performing classes in the game, I still loved it. Just because it is fun to play the canny bowman.

1 Like

The Rogue from D1 is far over every other classes, mainly because it was my 1st experience with a kind of game I always wanted to play.
Then Bow-Amazon because it was very similar to the Rogue & Necromancer (but played with only Poison skills & Curses) from D2
Demon Hunter comes in 3rd place

With Overwatch I discovered that I like support class more than anything else, I just hope for a Rogue-Healer in D4… a kind like the High Priestess of the Sightless Eye. Akara. At least, I can dream about it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m attracted to what is the fastest build to run around maps and play public games (not GR). The DH this season should be even faster. The king up to now has been the suwuko monk. We’ll see which is faster in s21. :wink:

1 Like

HT WD because it’s the closest you can get to Skelemancer in D3.

2 Likes

I have played extensively all D3 classes, but my favorite one remains the Demon Hunter, in spite of the lack of love it has received from Blizzard in recent years… For me it is just the most fun to play.

2 Likes