'You cannot equip more than one.....'

The limitation is solely for primals crafted with cube’s recipe #11, you can wear as many regular (coming from drop/artisans/Kadala/cube #2/cube #3) primals as you wish.

Bots will always get an advantage, whether there’s a limitation on “special” items or not.
And as for dedicated players (and I mean - dedicated, not botting nor otherwise cheating) - why do you think you should get the same reward with so much less effort? They are dedicated for a reason - it is a grinding game. Someone’s being entitled here.

3 Likes

I would argue that it is still a bug… the game displays “can not have more than one of this item” the exact same message that pops up for having 2 of the same Legendaries. It doesn’t say anything about more than one crafted primal… some of us have lives…

1 Like

This community is trash!.. screw this game! And d4

You can have a life and read a patch notes and/or use the search function on a forum (This one or another).

I can assure you that it is not incompatible.

3 Likes

Let me check in to say that clarity of the rule is whatever. Probably should be more than a blurb in the season blog.

Heres feedback that its a weird/unnecessary rule. Or that slowly rolling it out is unnecessary. Assuming the idea is to open it up for later season/s(?), but 2 months out from D4 its more annoying than anything.

Otherwise really enjoying this season. My first season back in a while. Really enjoyed progressing through the Altar of Rites. But, yeah. One crafted primal per character is blah.

And I’m sure someone will want to tell me why its actually good but they can save it because IDGAF. The only reason im even posting this is because Blizzard only accepts feedback in forums because they still think its 1998(?).

I think everyone here agrees with that, but it is still up to the user to inform themselves, by reading the patch notes or searching the forums before posting.

We told them during the PTR that it needed a better description on the recipe as well as the Error message, but they chose not to implement it.

4 Likes

No, because it has absolutely nothing to do with seasons. It is part of patch 2.7.5. It is available in non-season too.

4 Likes

lol if the game tells you “you cant do that” its actualy means u cant do that, does it means i can do it? NO! u cant, so what it means is, u cant equip more than 1 item crafter as primal

It must suck to be you my friend.

I dont say its a bug, but its a problem and i explain why!
Maybe, just maybe i just want to “play” a game and not read articles abaute it.
If i cant find some information abaute a topic inside the game its an issu.
Please explane to me Why i have to read forums and patch notes to get information abaute an in game mechanics?

You don’t have to. But you will be poorly educated about the game and wander through it in a fog of confusion because you didn’t learn how things work first.

This applies to EVERYTHING IN LIFE. You will have a happier and better life if you educate yourself first, instead of wandering through it blindly.

If your ax is dull and you don’t sharpen it, you have to work harder to use it. It is smarter to plan ahead. (paraphrased. Yes, the axe is your mind)

No one one is making you read anything first, just don’t be surprised when you don’t know how things work, or if you miss out on huge parts of the game or life or if you are not very efficient or strong.

And don’t expect other people to do your work for you when you post silly questions in the bug forum. When you refuse to read the instructions and something does not work like you expected, then you need to assume that you are are doing something wrong, and not that the game is broken.

But you do you. Just don’t post about it here when you don’t know how things work because you refused to read.

1 Like

When all else fails, read the directions.

What are you talking about? 99% of D3 players never visit the forums because they are casual fans of the game. That includes me. Do you know how I found why “You cannot equip more than one of these items” error happens? Through this post, via google searching the error.

To answer your “Would it really be that difficult to read the information provided before making false bug reports?” question. Was this information provided in-game for us to read? No? Why? If no information about this is provided in-game then it’s a bug. I should either equip however many of them I create or the devs should put an explanation about the limitations of the recipe in-game. Fix it. Good job on the OP for creating this post.

Now my question is: Would it really be that difficult to provide in-game information about this sort of things? Like basically EVERY other game of ANY genre? Would it take more than 2 minutes for them to implement? If it will take them more, than why would it take them more than 2 minutes?

1 Like

Should there be an ingame notice that you can equip only one crafted primal at a time? Absolutely. It was even suggested during the PTR. The feedback was ignored, like Blizzard does to 99.9999% of all feedback.

That still doesn’t invalidate my point. The information was made available and basically shoved in the face. Zero googling required, everything was available to be read in the Battle.net launcher. It is expected that people read the patch notes. You ignored the patch notes which can be read through the launcher.

4 Likes

yeah this should be told in-game or something, i just upgraded my great-rolled ancient ingeom and now i gotta find another one or another halo of karini which i upgraded a few days ago. i did gloss over the restrictions on the maxroll primal guide but forgot about it when i crafted it, so it’s my fault and i take responsibility. not a huge deal, shouldn’t take too long to find one of either but it’s rather annoying and an in-game prompt for this restriction would be helpful since it’s such an expensive mistake to make.

sorry for the necro but maybe blizz will see this and give add a warning ingame next season so other players dont make the same mistake

Even if it was written in the recipe text in the cube it’s quite likely that a lot of players would have failed to notice. Or forgotten all about the restrictions.

1 Like

I don’t know why you wasted a “great-rolled”  item of any kind.

Even with an in-game notice of “you can equip only one”  you should still read the Patch Notes. Then you would also know that upgrading a Legendary item to a Primal item gives you a completely new item.

Primordial Ashes Feature

Only one upgraded Primal Item may be worn at a time and upgraded Primal Items do not retain the properties of the Legendary Item that was used. New affixes are rolled for all upgraded Primal Items.

This reminded me of all the Bug Reports we used to get by players saying they couldn’t upgrade Rare items. Yet, listed as the very first component needed in Kanai’s Cube it states: “Rare equippable Level 70 item x1”.  (Just because it’s yellow doesn’t mean it’s Level 70…   or can be upgraded to Legendary).

We can only hope. But…   don’t hold your breath.

3 Likes

Exactly. If you have any item with great rolls, especially one that is in use already, you keep that item as it is and find another one of the same item with crappy rolls to upgrade. This is especially important since depending on the item it may end up rolling worse than the one used as a base for the upgrade. Items have very specific ideal affixes for different builds and it can take many tries to get a really good one.

4 Likes

Arrived in this thread cause I also thought it was a bug :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m a casual player and also expected this info to be in the game

Eventually found my answer about crafted primals vs non crafted after reading this toxic mess of a thread. Thanks guys.