'You cannot equip more than one.....'

Do you not have anything better to do than defend others’ stupidity?

You are asking for the entirety of the patch notes to be put somewhere inside the game so you you can read them with one click of a button, instead of navigating to the Blizzard website to read them for yourself?

I suppose Blizzard could have put a one-liner on the cube page saying that only one such item could be wielded at a time… similarly to the note on the Skill of Nilfur page.

Not sure it would be too useful… players don’t seem to read stuff like that.

Cheers !

4 Likes

All of those are in the game.

• New items - they drop, I learn about them
  • Sets’ reworks - they are in the game
  • Changes to some legendary item powers - again, in game
  • Some important informations about the season - AGAIN, in game when you start the season
  • Some general bug fixes - If they are resolved, then they are resolved, no need to read about them
  • … - what is your point?

One line in the respective cube recipe, is that so hard? Existing functionality for the other recipes.

4 Likes

I agree with you that they should put notes like that in the game. I requested several of them on the PTR.

It it did not slip their mind or go unnoticed. They were asked to put it in the description, and deliberately chose not to.

That makes it not a bug, even if it was a stupid decision on their part. I do not expect them to add it later, because they were already asked to, and they decided not to add it.

So, you have to go read the patch notes if you want to find out these things. This is the model Blizzard prefers, apparently.

4 Likes

Try to imagine a patch without patch notes, that people take the time to read, and therefore can help later. It’s already a mess with, so without…

I don’t say the informations are perfect, but it’s help a lot to read the patch notes

1 Like

Speaking of some information missing from the game - The Executioner’s legendary power does not work for Enchantress (she’s the only follower that can wield 2H melee weapon), but this info is totally missing from the game :wink: It exists only in Patch Notes (and maybe some non-Blizzard sites about Diablo 3).

1 Like

To those “learn to read, it’s written in the patch notes, durr durr” people, I’ll also say that I read the patch notes when they were released, way back when. However I didn’t start the season day 1 because I was busy elsewhere, so time passed and with real life stuff in the way, it’s not unheard of that you would forget something like that in a video-game.
So I just made a Valla’s Bequest so I could dual-wield it with my Primal Dawn, got the “you can only equip one of these items” error message, logically thought it was a bug and thought “Maybe it’s my Ancient Valla sitting in my inventory that’s causing the issue somehow? …Well, since I’ll dual wield those two Primals I won’t need it anymore so let me just salvage it”. This obviously didn’t solve my issue so I used Google, which lead me here, and I finally realized that I totally forgot about this line in the patch notes…

Now I’m down one good weapon, great. It’s definitely a big mistake that such important info isn’t IN-GAME, and I can predict it will also happen to many, many other players who know how to read in the coming days. Plus, as someone else said, it’s the final season so why not let the casuals have fun being fully decked in Primals for a few months by only injecting reasonable time into the game instead of having to play it 24/7 like it’s work at the factory to MAYBE find a useable one? I was having a blast with D3 these last few days, thinking I can finally turn all these useless Primals into useable ones, that I can FINALLY become very powerful and have fun in the process but no, I forgot that “No-Fun-Allowed-Blizzard” put in this limitation, with no reminder of it in-game. Absolutely brilliant. And there goes my will to continue playing : even if 2 primals drop at a time because I completed the Altar, the chance to find good ones is still ridiculously low (or having to participate in many, many split-bounties to reroll your legendaries until you get it is still a task I refuse to bore myself to death with) so I’d rather drop D3 completely and play a random game from my huge backlog instead. This season was fun for one week I guess. See you guys in D4. Maybe.

3 Likes

It is not in the cube, it is ridiculous, people defending that are no brain at all.

“Read the patch notes”, bro, shut the f up

1 Like

I just made boots and deleted the one I had now I don’t have boots I can use. It should be stated in the recipe that you can only equip one. It should have been explained that it’s a mechanic made to upgrade one while you farm for that Item to drop.

1 Like

Again, that’s what the patch notes are for. Also, all you had to do was reforge them. They will no longer be crafted, and if you’re extremely lucky, they may even become normal primals.

2 Likes

It is definitely a design mistake: Why I would play a season with only one Crafted Primal allowed (probably the only one many player would manage to get in-season), when anyone can play with his non-seasonal characters with all the Regular Primals they manage to collect in 10 years? This is also a pointless limitation when bots and dedicated players both are able to get record times on GR150 with all classes.

Personally, I did also overlook that part from the patch notes but from a player’s perspective, the Crafted Primals look almost identical to Regular ones. They did also make the recipe available for non-seasonal characters so thinking both types of items as Regular Primals was natural to me. Neither made so much sense to me adding the “Crafted Primal Ancients Legendary Items” category to “Primal Ancients Ledendaries”, “Ancient Legendaries” and “Regular Legendaries” categories already existing. As many, we had to discover this limitation by sacrificing a Regular Primal, then his ashes, to make a second Crafted Primal that I cannot use and maybe will dissapear at the end of season (actually I don’t know at this point).

As many, this sole thing will make me stop playing the game.

Finally, I am impressed with the number of members with >1500, >2000 or even >2500 post who just give absolute toxic replies. People at Blizzard, your forums definitely needs moderators.

Regards.

2 Likes

I’m just going to respond to part of your post:

They won’t disappear at the end of the season.

3 Likes

Hi:

Just want to emphasize something which seems to have fallen into the proverbial crack.

The Primordial Ashes feature and the Crafted Primals (recipe and items) are part of Patch 2.7.5, which went live on 21 Feb; they are totally independent from Season 28. That is why, as Strix correctly stated, they won’t disappear at the end of the season.

Primordial Ashes and Crafted Primals work exactly the same way in or out of season…

That being said, I too believe that Blizzard should have added a one (or two)-liner on the Cube recipe… something like what is already done for the Skill of Nilfur recipe. As already stated above, that and other “additions/modifications” were suggested during the PTR and none of them were implemented. I think one should interpret that as Blizzard saying “No !”

The entire topic here is about divergence of opinions on how the Crafted Primals actually work and how they should work… Bug Report is the wrong forum for that… this needs to be brought up to General Discussion – there might already be a topic on this there… or there would be if GD wasn’t devoted to D4. :wink:

6 Likes

The limitation is solely for primals crafted with cube’s recipe #11, you can wear as many regular (coming from drop/artisans/Kadala/cube #2/cube #3) primals as you wish.

Bots will always get an advantage, whether there’s a limitation on “special” items or not.
And as for dedicated players (and I mean - dedicated, not botting nor otherwise cheating) - why do you think you should get the same reward with so much less effort? They are dedicated for a reason - it is a grinding game. Someone’s being entitled here.

3 Likes

I would argue that it is still a bug… the game displays “can not have more than one of this item” the exact same message that pops up for having 2 of the same Legendaries. It doesn’t say anything about more than one crafted primal… some of us have lives…

1 Like

This community is trash!.. screw this game! And d4

You can have a life and read a patch notes and/or use the search function on a forum (This one or another).

I can assure you that it is not incompatible.

3 Likes

Let me check in to say that clarity of the rule is whatever. Probably should be more than a blurb in the season blog.

Heres feedback that its a weird/unnecessary rule. Or that slowly rolling it out is unnecessary. Assuming the idea is to open it up for later season/s(?), but 2 months out from D4 its more annoying than anything.

Otherwise really enjoying this season. My first season back in a while. Really enjoyed progressing through the Altar of Rites. But, yeah. One crafted primal per character is blah.

And I’m sure someone will want to tell me why its actually good but they can save it because IDGAF. The only reason im even posting this is because Blizzard only accepts feedback in forums because they still think its 1998(?).