Yang's Recurve Reroll Advice

Just got an ancient Yang’s and would like some advice on what to reroll.

Here are the stats:
+1406-1698 Arcane Damage
+9% Damage
+905 Dexterity
+978 Vitality
Multishot damage increased by 198%
+9 Discipline
Reduces resource costs by 42%

I’ve been stacking area damage in my build and am wondering if I should reroll the vitality to area damage or reroll the low damage range. I’m thinking the damage range would be better but again, I’ve been stacking area damage so it would bother me a bit if I didn’t have it on my bow.

Area Damage or Attack Speed are both nice options for that bow.

1 Like

Better than rerolling the damage range? 1406-1698 is quite low considering the max is 1560-1940

What you do with that bow depends on how you play the game (I can’t access your profile to see the rest of your setup). Here’s what you want to ask yourself.

1. Am I looking to spend hundreds of keys fishing for the highest GR I can possibly achieve? If the answer is yes and this is what you spend a good bit of your time doing, then rolling vitality to area damage is absolutely the right answer (if you don’t already have over 100% AD already as there’s diminishing returns).

2. Am I looking for general damage boost I can feel that allows me to do all content slightly faster? If the answer is yes, then re-roll the damage range.

Truth be told, area damage is overrated outside of push GR’s as you’ll rarely ever get the value of your investment in sub 10 minute GR runs/t16/bounties. As stated earlier, it depends on how you play the game.

4 Likes

Very much a case of “it depends”. As @Vilvake said, 1698 is quite low so that would be my first thought. Also, the +9 discipline is low (could be +12) so hopefully you have +12 on chest and quiver. (If you’re using a Stone of Jordan, then this is mitigated somewhat, too.)

1 Like

max range of yang is 1940… so 1900/1698 ~ 11.89% give or take. Crude maths.

9/12 disc, depending on your other slots. Max disc w/o Soj is 86, assume other places are max… then its 86/83 = 3.6%

7 IAS raises BP. Assuming you have entranchess and 1x 7 on glove + 20% on quiver, the damage is 5.0+5.3 ~10.3%

Your roll will be either damage range OR vit to 7% IAS. Personally, i d go for the damage range into north of 1490-1900s

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’m going re-roll the damage range. That will give me the most general benefit across all content. My area damage will be well over 100% even without it on my bow. I’m not sure I can take advantage of more attack speed since I already struggle to maintain my hatred (and the low 42% rcr on this bow won’t help that).

1 Like

Max out Damage range.

1 Like

So far I’ve gotten up to 1557 - 1932. I’m pretty happy with that for now.

3 Likes

re roll the 9 discipline to 12?

350% skill increase per point of disapline would have given you an additional 1050% multishot damage for the 3 extra points of discipline.

another option is to put attackspeed on that bow … since thats the stat you will eventually need if you wanna go into really high GR’s

You should read celtic08’s post just a few above yours.

1 Like