Xbox One reverting progress

I’m having trouble making any progress while playing the game. The other day I played from 1 up to 70, and turned off my Xbox for the night. Next day I logged in my character was at level 61. Played, and got him back up to 70, and then paragon 74. Turned off my Xbox for the night. The following day when logging in he’s back down to paragon 24. What the heck??

I played again all last night, about 6 hours. Logged in today to check, and as of this morning I’ve lost about 4 hours worth of gear/progress, back down to paragon 50.

For last night I had followed instructions on things to “fix” this issue that I read about online: changing my banner, quitting out of the game lobby – did both, and then waited 10 minutes or so before turning off my Xbox. Saw “the little swirly D” (the autosave icon) after both changing banner and quitting the lobby.

I can’t play this game if it keeps reverting like 80% of my progress whenever I play.

1 Like

Hey there Logue1021,

Unfortunately progress loss on the XBox version of the game isn’t something we’re able to help with directly. You can try reinstalling the game itself, but if that fails it may indicate there’s something wrong with the way your harddrive is working currently. You’d want to reach out to Microsoft for support with the console not saving correctly.

1 Like

When you say you’re turning off your XBox, how are you doing so? If you’re just literally straight up turning it off, then the game will lose any progress you’ve made since your last autosave point, which only occurs with certain actions. The only way to guarantee you retain all of your progress is to close out the game by exiting the current game and returning to the main menu prior to shutting down the XBox console.

The preferred method is to also close the app entirely, but if you’re intending to start up D3 first thing when you get back to your console, you can just leave it at the main menu and enter rest mode. As long as you exit the current game and return to the main menu, the game autosaves and you don’t lose progress.

this also happened to me. Went from level 44 to 22 lost a whole night of progress.

Really unacceptable.

I signed up just to support the op. This needs to be fixed and is 100% not an xbox issue.

Then this is the wrong forum to report the problem in… Customer Support cannot help if it’s a bug in the game…

Scanning the Console Bug Report and the Console Discussion forums yielded these topics :

This next one could be related, but the OP did not specify what console he/she is using :

Did you ever find a solution to this? This is happening to me now, it seems to retain some of my made progress but loses most of it. I even tried waiting for auto save features throughout the editing process.