WW Wastes Stops WWing?

I’ve just set up my WW wastes set and notice that every few seconds the WW stops and I have to manually click it again to get it to start WWing once more. Is this normal?

I’m using maxroll recommended builds with WW and FC generator.

Thanks

It can only be two things. Either you are running out of fury or you are getting stunned.

Chris gave you some good advice, but I think your main problem is that the build setup you’re trying to use doesn’t work.

Or to put it another way, it works, but only if you combine it with the Crimson set, something I don’t recommend for players under 5-6K Paragon. You’re running out of Fury because Wind Shear isn’t enough to generate more in speed runs without the Weapons Master passive (and Ambo’s in the main hand) and the RCR from Crimson’s (and even then it’s pretty iffy).

For speed farming, you should be using the BK swords with Ambo’s in the Cube, and you should drop Mantle in the Cube for Chilanik’s (if you can fit War Cry into the build).

Here’s the blunt truth. While Maxroll has some great content, they do not know what’s what when it comes to Barb builds. Their Barb guides are often missing crucial info, and are sometimes flat-out incorrect. If you want trusted Barb build guides, use the ones on this forum.

1 Like

I checked your player profile.

First, the build that you selected from maxroll is a build for speedfarming when you can outgear the content. Maxroll has multiple builds listed.

To answer your question directly, simply switch to Bul-Kathos swords and cube Ambo’s pride if you are experiencing fury problems that cause you to stop WW. This sword set increase fury regeneration by 15 and you will no longer have the fury issue. There are other solutions to maximize your power, but switching weapons is the easiest solution for the fury problem.

You can check this character out in my profile. It is not optimized at all and I am still missing gear. Of note, I am playing lazy mode at the moment without few hard cast rends (so no area damage) and I am not solo GR pushing but more speed farming.

MicroRNA#1507 - Community - Diablo III (diablo3.com)

I do trust your knowledge of barb builds but need some help. I would like to know just how far off maxroll is on barb builds. What crucial info is missing along with the parts that are flat out incorrect? These are things that I would love to know. Please answer my questions using the WW/Rend build because it is the one that I have the most experience with and I do have it bookmarked.

I am sure that if I ever needed a bit of advice on how to figure out what piece of gear would be needing to be replace in order to go higher than a GR118. I could just ask in the WW/Rend build guide correct?

Forgot I love your WW/Rend guide that is why I bookmarked it.

Sometimes its because of a broken mouse

1 Like

It varies from build to build. Sometimes they update for a patch and get 99% of their builds right, but sometimes they get it wrong. I really don’t have the time to go through their site and pick it apart, but my advice is this: If you need info on a Barb build, come to this Barb forum first and check the relevant build guide. And yes, if you have additional questions, you can always post in the appropriate guide–in this case, yes, post future questions in the Zodiac Rend guide. Tons of awesome top-tier Barbs are always ready to help!

I’m glad you enjoy the build guide. I’ll be updating it soon for the current Season, but neither of the two main builds (Core and Crimson) have changed.

Here’s my specific advice for you. Given your Paragon and gear quality, use the Core build + Bul-Kathos Weapons and Wind Shear on WW to speedfarm. Gems should be Trapped, Tauguk, and Power or Gogok (depends if you need more DPS or more cooldown). Wear your Waste pieces and a Zodiac ring (other rings depend on what you need–see the guide). If you don’t need the toughness from Band of Might to speedfarm T16, you can equip FnR rings (proc with Charge) and put Zodiac in the Cube. If you don’t use FnR, get rid of Charge.

Remember, at your Paragon, the goal of speedfarming is to close rifts in 2-4 minutes, low GRs in the same time, and bounties in 5-10 minutes solo (less time in groups, obviously). I would recommend you avoid pushing GRs for a while and focus on speedfarming bounties, rifts, and low GRs for gem-ups, mats, and loot. Your gear is in bad shape and needs to be improved (again, see the guide for more info).

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply guys. However fury is not the issue. The maxroll T16 and speed GR builds I’m using have no issues with fury whatsoever. It is nearly always full. There is only a small window at the start of a rift before I do my first FC that there is no fury. After the first mob, fury pops up and almost always stays full.

MY mouse buttons are fine I have checked them.

I do use a macro for Ignore Pain and WOTB just because I’m lazy and like macroing things to make life easier. Could this be what is interrupting WW? I have not had issues with macros on any other builds and I use a macro for all builds.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thank you.

Neither of those skills use Fury, though Wrath does increase attack speed which does burn more fury.

Earlier advice still stands.

In the build for GR speeds you use F & R and FC procs the other half of the ring combo. Constant FC dashing makes you constantly have full fury and zip about the map at incredible speed.

I only put my build together in one afternoon and am consistently doing 90s in just over 2 min at 1k paragon. the build itself seems fine, its just that I have to “reclick” the RMB every few seconds to start my barb WWing again as he just runs.

I wonder if it is the FC which is interrupting the WW? I look closer next time and see.

Thanks[quote=“Free-1746, post:9, topic:33748, full:true”]
Neither of those skills use Fury, though Wrath does increase attack speed which does burn more fury.

Earlier advice still stands.
[/quote]

I’m confused. The earlier advice was based on WW stopping because of lack of fury, however this is not the issue because the build has full fury apart from the beginning of a run.

Which part of the earlier advice have I missed?

Thanks

Thanks for the tips, and I will be asking for help later on or a few questions.

I played around some more, paying particular attention to the non WWing issue, and finally I realised what was causing it.

I use space bar for force move and I was accidentally pushing this out of habit with my other characters!

Now learning to only use it at the start of a rift before fury has built up. Then once I encounter the first mobs it’s full fury all the way.

Sounds like some of you are all anti Maxroll for some reason but the T16 and speed builds are amazing. Dashing strike barb with In Geom? Yes please!

I am glad that you figured it out.

To me, Maxroll is nice in their build guides overall and leaderboard rankings that are all in one place. Many of the big Diablo names are behind that website. Also, they are pretty good at keeping current in that their build guides having incorporated the emanate system into their guides for solo.

Have you ever compared Maxroll speed build to the core build for low GRs in terms of speed/efficiency? I personally haven’t.

Does anyone know what is quicker? The ww/rend guide here primarily focuses on pushing the build to its limits/optimization. For speeds, you do not need optimal power but optimally efficiency when your DPS outstrips the monster’s hp.

I did some testing today running a bunch of speed GR95s and T16s using maxroll build and then switched out to BK weapons. The maxroll recommendations are definitely quicker but requires more effort and concentration.

This is due to a). the build runs out of fury when no mobs about, so on sparse maps it can be annoying and b). the need to kill all elite minions when using In Geom (GRs).

BK weapons were slightly slower but offers a much more friendly and relaxed playstyle, so I have opted to go with them as I prefer to focus on push builds and relax on farming :slight_smile:

Not anti, but as I’ve pointed out, their Barbarian guides often have glaring errors or misinformation embedded in them. On more than one occasion I’ve seen errors in their build guides that will completely break a build. Some of the guides here could use an update, but whatever information is currently missing is absolutely not essential.

The website has a ton of great resources and there’s a really good team behind it. It’s a great place to go if you have a Diablo question, but if you have a Barbarian specific question, this forum provides much more accurate resources.

It’s worth noting that Maxroll is written and staffed by a lot of very accomplished players. But it’s equally worth noting that this forum creates players who are just as accomplished and knowledgeable. Folks like Chris, and Seras and Rage were not always the gurus they currently are, and this community has always done an outstanding job of helping new or casual players become experts on the game.

2 Likes

Have you looked at the push version of Rend on maxroll? IS there anything glaringly obviously wrong? I’ve just started using it and seems ok so far, but of course, I am no expert! I’m at 1200p if this helps.

Thanks

There are a few errors on their WW/Rend page, but nothing catastrophically wrong with the build. It’s a perfectly fine “plug-and-play” setup.

Personally, I am glad that both this forum and sites like Maxroll and Icy-Veins are around. If you just want to cut and paste and get to playing, rather than reading a “Diablo Dissertation” by Free, me, Prokahn, etc, then those places are great. But, if you want to develop in-depth knowledge about this or that build, then this forum is hands-down better.

Not to mention the fact that here, you can actually ask a question and have it reliably answered in significant detail. Guides are great, but, y’know, not everybody has perfect gear. Sometimes people need to ask things like, “is it more important to have STR or CDR on this pair of gloves?” And here, you can get an answer. Those other sites give “stat priorities”, but that’s a really flawed idea. Because the truth is, those “priorities” are largely dependent on the other rolls on your other gear! They also often don’t distinguish between priorities for pushing, speeds, etc.

Luckily, nobody actually has to choose between these different resources- you can make use of all of them!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never been a fan of slapping “stat priorities” on a build and letting players fumble around in the dark. And honestly, if someone wants a plug and play, our guides don’t take much longer to sift through than Maxroll’s site.

Generally, I use sites like Maxroll to get a kind of bird’s-eye view of a build with which I’m unfamiliar, but that’s only because many build guides aren’t as in-depth as the ones on this Barb forum. I’m biased, of course; in the end, making use of all the excellent resources out there, Maxroll included, only helps more players achieve their personal goals. That’s a win-win in my book.