WW, Wastes, and Rend--A Response

We had this discussion several times over, and we’re never really going anywhere.

The build has some issues, and most of them can be compressed into the rune choice “dust devils”. Now sure, there is the fact that Blizzard is not keen on changing skill mechanics, but it’s really the simplest way of fixing the core problems.

By removing the rune completely and giving it other properties , you will:

Lessen the lag - as with how you need to play, gathering up so much density, you’ll be hitting so many mobs that would make any server cry. With this, the amount of hits are limited to a smaller zone, which cuts lag by miles.

Smoothes out the game play - without the rune, there’s no need to gather as much density, which in turn makes it possible to drop rage flip, you will have killed the first pack of density before you have even gathered the second.

The value of new items increases - both echoing fury and morticks would see a rise in popularity due to how fast you’ll be killing and running through mobs.

So this is why I believe that it could be the best course of action, just due to how it could really save this build and fix some of the core problems. This is ofcourse assuming that they also add some needed damage to compensate.

1. WW with the lightning rune is not feasable so obviously I meant “is WW sustainable with Istvan’s set while not using the lightning rune”. This was where the idea came from because Istvan gives more damage and DR than bul-kathos, you just lose movement speed.

2. Removing Dust Devils and increasing WW dmg to the 6P set would not impact density AT ALL if there were an amulet or set bonus that gave WW all runes. Hurricane pulls mobs to you so I have no idea where this notion about “density fishing” stemmed from.

You don’t have a single season 18 character and your WW barb “Pineapple” doesn’t look like it’s been touched for at least a season (it’s still using In-Geom in cube).

You seem to be awfully narrowminded and anyone who doesn’t have the same vision as you, is “wrong”. The difference is, I’m a game developer. Who are you, again? Oh, right. The guy that keeps reporting everyone who has a different opinion.

It’s the second strongest variant of the core build and quite capable.

You lose more than move speed. You lose attack speed, and thus some Zodiac procs, and thus some Bloodshed damage for crits in a time window.

No. This is bad design.

Skills and runes haven’t been changed in years. Supporting legendaries have. Please read our Buff Proposal for more information.

You don’t really understand the build or how it functions. Please read the guide. Hurricane causes hard CC (pull) that can’t be mitigated and will negate Parthans. Hurricane has zero effect on RGs and certain elites. You also need the healing from Blood Funnel.

How to put this?

All runes on WW is bad. Outside of speed-runs or zDPS, Hurricane is bad.

I see you’re taking jabs by inspecting my toons, but that’s just bad form. Do you even know why a WW Barb would roll with In-geom in the Cube? I don’t like to assume that Paragon = game knowledge, because it often doesn’t, but if I look at your profile, it doesn’t look like you’ve done much aside from casual play. You should read the guide and learn about the build’s nuances. I highly recommend the one I wrote and maintained for years with the help of the knowledgeable Barb community. :smiley:

1 Like

If when we channeling the ww the skill rend could be in cotinuos cast without rend in skill bar, that would be a diferent mechanics.

Edit* Also rend could be the single damage of the build with some alterations…

I’d be OK with it if they gave us Blood Funnel as the freebie and let us pick the DPS rune.

Edit - Some changes to the DPS runes would be nice to even them up and get rid of the ruinous CC on Hurricane.

Yah the hurricane rune is bad. We wouldn’t want all runes. If they gave us volcanic in addition to dust devils this is still at best 1 grift gain. It is only 15% difference. We keep going in circles and coming up with new ideas but Free and Rage have come up to ideas that help solve alot of our problems as barbs. There ideas also go inline with what blizzard is most likely able to do. I do not see rune changes coming. I believe we are stuck with set and item changes or new legendary affixes on current item as was done this season.

1 Like

It’d be slightly more than 15% because you would drop BK for Istvan’s, but still not the single target damage boost this set needs.

I dont think parthans should be used ever because it does nothing against 95% of the RGs. Sure, it’ll help you survive long enough to get to it, but if it one shots you when your stacks fall off, what’s the point?

There just isn’t enough consiatent DR and once that problem is solved, there still isn’t enough 1v1 damage. I think unlocking all runes would be significant, but still not enough.

IIRC, they had buffed Skull Grasp to 500% or more (750?) at one point and deemed it too powerful, but now I think it wouldn’t be enough and should be reverted; might get us a GR or 2.

Using Fury dumps doesn’t feel good to me and Rend feels even worse. If they’re hellbent on retaining it on the set, they need to increase it’s damage and remove the duration text. Increasing a dot’s duration decreases it’s dps, but even if Rend did all it’s damage at once it still wouldn’t be enough.

Rend lasts by default for 5 seconds and versus a single target this is far better than 15 seconds. Another issue is you can’t drop Cassius for Lamentation or you won’t have 100% IP. So with the current items, I don’t think WW is any better as far as pushing.

1 Like