WW w/Rend feels right

Yes, a bunch of the 140+ rankings in China were SP, including a 144 and 145 without Season buff.

2 Likes

The proiblem is that the PTR does not accurately recapirulate the playerbase.

From the PTR, we can conclude that 1 non-seasonal barb can clear a 140. From the era leaderboard, we can conclude 1 non-seasonal wizard in the America region can clear a 141. The wizard build to clear a 141 is being nerfed.

Seems that it is an easy comparison in my mind.

1 Like

Is it though? The same player that achieved 140 with WW in PTR has 144 with Chantodo in NS (Ze Darkpatator). Let’s compare the same player with himself instead of presenting biased comparisons, shall we?

5 Likes

Yes Micro,

Let’s stop being bias.

2 Likes

The chantodo build is getting nerfed. The PTR has only been up for less than 48 hours. I wonder how many others are actively pushing barbs.

Can you explain to me what I said was biased? I think that what I said was factually accurate.

Also to my knowledge, has there any been a patch that went live (assuming that no nerfs happened) where the era leaderboard did not surpass afterwords the PTR leaderboard?

1 Like

While it was factually accurate, it intentionally left the impression that the current difference between chantodo and ww is 1 gr level, while it is 4 (and 144 was 12:53, 145 is certainly achievable). Future clears might close the gap, but no one can say for certain if it will surpass chantodo or not

Whether lots, few or none are pushing with WW barb is of course unknown. My guess is probably quite a few, since the new toy is always appealing.

2 Likes

The same applies to Wizards right? Maybe the nerf’ed Wizards will still come out on top vs the new ww Barbs.

1 Like

Lets take what you say at face value. There currently is a 4 grift difference.

1. 144 is the top wizard clear in this era in the entire world. Presumably, this is with optimized/almost perfect gear and lots of fishing.

2. 140 is the current top barb clear on the PTR. The PTR is less than 48 hours. As such, the time to fish is much more limited.

3. The PTR 140 barb clear includes non-ancient shoulders.

4. Chantodo’s is being nerfed.

That is why I said the greater rift potential of wizards (post-nerf) should be between the PTR and current clears. L2R

1 Like

Apples to apples, PTR to PTR, L2R

Well, at the time of writing this post the difference is indeed 4 levels - this is factually correct. All that you write I already acknowledge in another post PTR Rend; Devs did great & Careful with your feedback - #86 by alex-26372

I cannot understand your crusade against barbs. Even if it turns out that barb is the strongest for a season or two, why is that wrong?

Whirlwind and Rend do X% damage…solved! Honestly, could cut the power in half and it will be insanely more effective yet.

Really? You do know that for the PTR a barb has cleared 140 .

EDIT: I am not sure how informative the PTR is for wizards to assess their nerf. The leaderboards were not cleared. The highest new PTR clear that made the leaderboard from this PTR is 131.

You apples to apples comparison would suggest that barbs are 3 grifts higher grift potential than wizards. I do not think this is true for the reason that I discussed.

Barbs will not be as weak as 140, if the current PTR changes is adopted.

1 Like

I do not think it is wrong that barbs are the strongest class for awhile. The reality is that Blizzard nerfed the top necromancer build that was clearing 138 (#1 rank America region). They nerfed the top wizard build (rank #1 cleared 141 America region).

1 Like

Based on your data for PTR, Barbs average is 131.4, Wizards 130.9. Barbs has 1400 higher paragons on average.

Your data suggests that Barbs are on par with nerf’ed Wizards on the PTR

Necro is presumably nerfed due to his performance as RGK, not for his solo clears

1 Like

What is the 2h setup for the new wastes?

Have you checked if thorns is the top solo clear?

On a sidenote, we should not be able to log onto a second account on the same pc, just to upvote your own comments.

3 Likes

lol he really is upvoting all of his posts with his 2nd account isn’t he?

man this kid is weird

4 Likes

Two accounts, actually.

It’s really sad.

3 Likes