WW 1 handed or 2 handed?

Is it better to go with 2 1 handed weapons or 1 2 handed weapon, not played Diablo 3 in years, but found the new seasonal theme interesting and figured I would play a WW barbarian.

Check the stickied Rend guide at the top of the forum. It will answer all your questions.

The only Barb builds that are optimized to use 2-handed weapons are Fire EQ, LOD HOTA, and Vile Charge.

3 Likes

I’d just add that Maxroll stated Messerschmidt’s is used in group speeds with WW Rend. I don’t know how that works in practice, but it shows there may be a valid use of a 2-hander in Rend.

Otherwise Rend is always 2x 1-handers.

On a similar question, what to forge in the cube for beginning of season 23? I’m torn on 1 handed or 2 hand mighty weapon? On 1 hand you can hit the motherload and get Ambos, but there are better odds to get something useful with 2 handed weapon.

1 Like

The best route is always to upgrade 1h mighty weapons. You need 3 of the 8 possible drops.
I will add that if you don’t have ambos you are not doing any damage. So when you say the motherload it literally is the entire build when you just getting started.

1 Like

I guess it’s possible, but not optimized for this one either. BiS is EF and Remorseless