WTB WD Buffs in s28

Just add to the Arachyr 2 piece: Swing your Spider Queen by the infested thread around you in a circle really fast…

:grinning:

But seriously, I love the WD and it’s sad to see that so much creativity on the forums buffing/altering the WD is left untouched by the devs.

A quick win for HT Gargs would be to add the S27 Garg power on an item and speed up the summoning animation of the gargs like they did for the Necro skeletons. Then you only need to buff the 6 piece set damage modifier (making bears also great in the process).

I’m not a fan of Mundunugu. We had a nice LoD SB build that did well and might be doing great with some buffs/unnerfing. Mundunugu should have been around sacrifice and mass confusion for instance.

3 Likes

WD builds are all bottom of the barrel, and everybody hates them. Therefore, since they’re not being played, they get no love from the Devs. Everybody plays DH, so the DH gets ANOTHER upgrade. After all it was top of the line before the latest upgrade.
But this discussion is about WD. Personally, the most fun class to play is WD, you just have to accept the fact that it’s not going to compete with any of the other classes. Helltooth Gargs are great, (The Season 27 buff was a terrific start to upgrades) but you have to wait for animations, get used to watching them on the minimap 2 screens away, and recasting them on Knockback empowered Elites even when your character is immune to CC’s. Gargs can’t attack on stairways, doorways, or pathways with a turn or rock. There is no way to focus their attention on an Elite like Command Skeleton (Einsteins). Gargs simply stand around and decide to agro on whatever is close, typically clearing a room of trash before settling on the Elite.
Gargs need something to direct their attention , reach through doorways and rocks in a path, or attack successfully on a stairway. Just a shorter leash would help. But alas we get NOTHING.

1 Like

On non season, two builds are in the solo S-tier.

I don’t think people hate WD builds, I think they just dislike playing a class that requires some focus for the reward of being less powerful than classes and builds that require less focus for more power.

Personally it’s my favorite class to play but I will play other classes a lot of the time because I want to play in groups or actually clear higher GRs(in seasons without having to farm for hours on end, I don’t have as much time for that anymore…adulting :person_shrugging:)

3 Likes

Just curious, you would rather see 0 of their builds buffed rather than 1? I as a Sader main would love ANY build to be buffed for them? I do understand you have a preference. I assumed fans of a class would appreciate any attention. I was wrong.

I’m just not a fan because unfortunately running around as a chicken doesn’t do anything till you pop and generally you would have to spend time grouping them which makes it counterintuitive to play since it’s supposed to be more of a speed build. Basically it’s clunky (clucky?)

Manajuma’s Way - now spawns 10 chickens and does 2500%

Was hoping to inspire new ideas for the WD, if not for season 28, maybe in future updates.

Most GR pushing is the same theory as you stated about grouping up mobs to begin with. There are exceptions with elite hunting/low AD builds. All in all, it never hurts to offer ideas. Who knows what influence they might have :smiley:

I could get behind chicken lol. Hell I made a chicken build even tho it was useless just to confuse new players.

2 Likes

Yeah, WD is more of a “cluck to (rhymes with duck)” class.

Luck, Muck, Suck, Tuck… wait I got it Yuck! right?

Guess we will find out “soon” in the season 28 preview with blizzard gave a “chuck” about WD and threw in a last minute buff like they did for Wiz last season.

MuthaClucka (20 chars) :slight_smile:

Yes.

Blizzard’s relationship with Witch Doctors is like a cheating husband who buys flowers every once in a while and pretends everything is ok.

1 Like

We’ve been together for 17 years. Blizzard still loves me. I’m not in denial.

Sadly, I think the correct answer here is “Suck”- hence the need for some buffs…

Or the kid that tries so hard to make their parents proud but no matter how hard they work they get ignored while the rest of the kids get all the praise and free stuff

I whole heartly agree with you. I feel at this point any buffs would be welcome. I can’t help but to feel yucky though when I do play WD. I even deleted my WD rgk this season, lol.

If they made Firebats and The Grin Reaper more interesting, a WD could be a channel-to-win build. It works OK for up to around T16/GR75-80 but then gets much too squishy and pretty much needs another player to help. Or so says my lady and I take her word for it - I’ve personally only really tried zombie bears (and fetish dart thingies) and it was fun but meh.

And bring reaper firebats not being bugged lol